Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.5.1:
- Add search and sort abilities into function list.
- Add Java parser into function list.
- Add auto-completion for absolute path feature.
- Fix scrolling text problem while using "Synaptics touchpad".
- Fix EOL type not correctly determined for UTF-16 files bug.
- Fix tab settings bug in Normal text.