PowerArchiver is a fast and easy to use compression utility. PowerArchiver offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration. It supports most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use.
PowerArchiver enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount .ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside. In addition to creating and mounting .ISO images, you can now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF - PRO only), BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64). Read and extract support for: RAR (10% faster than WR 4.x), ARJ, ARC, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO, WIM plus ISO (ISO9660 and UDF) disc image formats and much much more...
What's new in this version:
- Updated PowerArchiver Cloud – Significant update to the core engine as well as the GUI of PowerArchiver Cloud application. Brand new core engine makes accessing clouds with thousands of files much faster than before – for example 10,000 files on SkyDrive used to take up to 7-8 minutes, now it is several seconds to access. Similar improvements to other clouds such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Drive and Dropbox. GUI was also improved to look more like full application, with icons in the file list and “…” shortcut for easier browsing. Full help and YouTube video tutorial added.
- Windows XP security fix issue – One of the Microsoft Windows XP security fixes from December 10th 2013 prevented PowerArchiver from starting due to missing dependency (unusual and probably not intended from MS to break compatibility). This has been fixed in 14.02.
- Support for Ultra compression in Drag and Drop – Added support for Ultra compression strength in Drag and Drop window.
- Updated Translations – Brand new Korean translation, as well as updated Hebrew and Simplified Chinese translations.
- Improved format support – Improved format support for RAR, TAR, 7zip. Added support for IPK files.
- Various other small improvements – Total of 25 improvements/bugfixes implemented since previous release.