2K Games has released the promised new retail patch for Serious Sam II, upgrading the fast-paced first-person shooter sequel by Croteam to version 2.066. This update adds dedicated server support, multiplayer improvements, configuration enhancements, graphics and save/load game tweaks, miscellaneous new features and bug fixes, and other changes as detailed in the accompanying release notes.
Changes in 2.066.00 patch:
- Added dedicated server support (see DedicatedServer.txt in the patch).
- Vertical slider next to some lists (e.g. server list) now reacts to mouse clicks and movement.
- Server list can now be properly used with the mouse.
- Fixed scrolling of some lists (levels, profiles).
- Swapped function of up/down arrows in some menu screens.
- Options boxes (yes/no and similar) now cycle options - selecting the last option and going to the 'next' one will go back to the first option and vice versa.
- Netricsa icon will no longer appear if subtitles are turned off.
- Playing with high ping time (>500ms) caused strange things to happen for clients (dying immediately after respawning, being unable to turn off cheats...).
- Difficulty setting wasn't properly restored when loading a saved game.
View: Release Notes
Download: Serious Sam II Retail Patch v2.066
News source: 3D Gamers