Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Should Microsoft release Surface tablets with Bay Trail/Atom? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Rolling Stone's University of Virginia gang rape fiction and the real world in Real World Issues
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- PS4 Firmware 2.50 in Sony Console
- Water Cooling: Is it for everyone? in Hardware Hangout
- Can't open ACSM eBook files on Windows 8.1 tablet in Software Discussion & Support
- Arrest of Marquita McCall - Graphic Video in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.