Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Trying to quit smoking in General Discussion
- State of Decay YOSE in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 10 Build 10061 and issues with Bluetooth in Introduce Yourself
- Falcon 9: TurkmenSat 1 (commsat) in Science Discussion & News
- Valve cancels paid mods for Skyrim in Computer Gaming
- ESPN Sues Verizon Over Slimmed-Down FiOS TV Package in Back Page News
- Neowin.net PC Game Giveaways in Computer Gaming
- The Jimquisition: So Let's Talk About Mods Being Sold On Steam in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.