Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- [Books] Any Adult Books Like Hunger Games, Battle Royale? in The Hobby Corner
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- WP Driving Mode for Android? in Android
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- PiPO unveils the X8, a "Windows TV box + desktop tablet" for under $100 in Front Page News
- Questions About Office 2016 "Desktop Apps" and "Universal Apps" in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- 4K display in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.