Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- XB1 Vibration in Microsoft Console
- PC won't boot / no power to I/O core in Hardware Hangout
- EA Shuts Down SimCity Developer Maxis in Gamers' Hangout
- Dem media: "Hillary Clinton Is Not Ready for Prime Time" in Domestic Politics
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Going back to Windows 7 (New Dell XPS 8700 with w8.1 preinstalled) in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Watch Microsoft's GDC Keynote here in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.