Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Firefox beats Chrome as fastest browser in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.