Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Google dev apologizes after Photos app tags black people as “gorillas” in Back Page News
- Marriage Equality returns to the Supreme Court in Domestic Politics
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10, build 10159 in Front Page News
- London:Killer beheads Grandma sentenced to Broadmoor Prison in Real World News
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.