Wikipedia, the popular user-driven online encyclopedia, has published its two-millionth English version listing: an article about Spanish television show El Hormiguero posted on September 10, 2007. After English, the next two largest Wikipedia sites are the German and French editions, which have more than half a million articles each. Since its launch in 2001, Wikipedia has published more than eight million articles in 250 languages. The non-profit Wikipedia Foundation that operates Wikipedia claims that its English site now has 3.4 million contributors. Wikipedia is the sixth most visited collection of websites in the world behind Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Time Warner and eBay. And yes, for those that read to the end of the paragraph, the wiki link below was completely necessary to this news story.
- Humans’ staggering effect on Earth in Real World Issues
- Documents Reveal Top NSA Hacking Unit in Real World Issues
- A drug cartel’s power in Venezuela in Real World Issues
- A discreet way to share documents and messages with Washington Post journalists in Real World Issues
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- The Age Of Disinformation in Real World Issues
- Google Cardboard Virtual Reality Device in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.