Can't get a Windows 8.1 machine with Default OEM partitioned to Upgrade to Windows 10.

Has Anybody successfully be able to Upgrade a OEM partitioned Windows 8.1 with secure boot enabled machine to Windows 10 without any issues.

Have tried both by the normal process by downloading windows 10 and also by trying to run setup created through USB boot Media without any success.

Getting error message "Something Happened Windows 10 installation has failed" Only.

Windows 10 Installation Fail.jpg

Do you have enough free space on your hard drive? Windows 10 x86 (32-bit) requires 16 GB and x64 (64-bit) requires 20 GB. If so, then go through this list.

Do you have enough free space on your hard drive? Windows 10 x86 (32-bit) requires 16 GB and x64 (64-bit) requires 20 GB. If so, then go through this list.

Thank You for your Reply Yusuf

Yes i have more that 50 GB of space Free in The OS partition and yes i have managed to upgrade other PC with the same USB boot Media.

So the problem is not the Free Space as well as The Boot Media. 

I can do a Clean install also but again MS tell us that we first have to upgrade to be eligible for clean install and also without upgrading we will not get the new Key for windows 10.

For your info i have managed to upgrade 7 to 8 desktops and Laptops using the same technique without any issue . The only difference is this machine came with Windows 8.1 OEM OS installed with secure boot enabled..with GPT partition. I have tried upgrading by disabling secure boot also without any success.Trying to upgrade by changing memory modules. to check if its issue with memory.. will be updating soon

If any other ideas please share..

Has Anybody successfully be able to Upgrade a OEM partitioned Windows 8.1 with secure boot enabled machine to Windows 10 without any issues.

Have tried both by the normal process by downloading windows 10 and also by trying to run setup created through USB boot Media without any success.

Getting error message "Something Happened Windows 10 installation has failed" Only.

Windows 10 Installation Fail.jpg

Yes - Mom's AIO.  However, I couldn't upgrade from USB - instead, I downloaded the ISO via Microsoft TechBench, mounted it, and ran setup.exe from the root of the mounted image to upgrade.  Since the same stick had no issues with the upgrade (or clean installs) on my Insider PCs - and Mom's AIO had far more space available - it could have been a quirk with the image itself.  Here's the surprise - the download onto Mom's AIO was via a wireless (not wired) connection - therefore, fast it wasn't in terms of downloading.  Still, since the AIO is driven by a third-generation (not fourth) i3 with 6GB of RAM, the upgrade itself was rather zippy (and so is the upgraded PC).  I upgraded Office immediately afterward (from 2013 to 2016 Preview) as well.

Realistically I *do* need better USB sticks - the issue with my current ones is their age; I've had this pair for three years, and both are USB 2.0 (which match my desktop, but are slower than both of my notebooks' USB ports and Mom's AIO - all except the oldest notebook have at least one USB 3 port)