[VS] Aero Executive

vStyler have just released his new masterpiece Aero Executive

It prob my fav wb to date:)

I genuinely don't get it.... How can anyone actually USE that sh*t on a day to day basis and/or actually think it looks good? Sure, everyone's different and we all have "personal taste" but for the love of sanity, how can anyone think that this VS or most all of the one's i've ever seen can be used in replacement of MS's version? It's worrying that in a world where there are so many dangerous things people are able to do, those who have such bad taste are able to walk the streets as there's something SERIOUSLY deficient in their judgement.

The human race must have come further than this? Surely?

I'm living in a Democracy and Visual Styles like this are still being released? Sheesh. :wacko:

I genuinely don't get it.... How can anyone actually USE that sh*t on a day to day basis and/or actually think it looks good? Sure, everyone's different and we all have "personal taste" but for the love of sanity, how can anyone think that this VS or most all of the one's i've ever seen can be used in replacement of MS's version? It's worrying that in a world where there are so many dangerous things people are able to do, those who have such bad taste are able to walk the streets as there's something SERIOUSLY deficient in their judgement.

I'm living in a Democracy and Visual Styles like this are still being released? Sheesh. :wacko:

Wow. You must be a pretty lonely, miserable person.

I mean seriously, people like Aero and they want it in different flavors. I know I do. And so do many others.

Wow. You must be a pretty lonely, miserable person.

I mean seriously, people like Aero and they want it in different flavors. I know I do. And so do many others.

They must like Aero since the vast majority of Vista visual styles looks exactly like it. ;)

Would be curious to see what skins "you" use then if this isn't quality to you.

I'm living in a Democracy and Visual Styles like this are still being released? Sheesh.
Oh god...sorry but do you have READ what you said???

http://www.answers.com/democracy&r=67

The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

You are doing right here a good example of ANTI-DEMOCRACY by not respecting the work (And tastes) of others.

Know the meaning of what words you are using next time.

although it looks better than most new skin releases.. it IS still too bulky in areas for my taste and it wouldn't make it past a few hours use, if that. Frogboy, if you're looking at what i mean by bulky, look at the start button, caption buttons, the toolbar buttons especially.. but the overuse of the woodgrain texture, dark shadows and just horrible "glass" look make it not so well done in my opinion. I understand vista and/or aero uses a glass finish.. but wooden glass is just bad, and needs to be a bit more subtle.

I hate when people find a texture and think that plastering it EVERYWHERE on a theme makes it look professional.

the colours and bulkiness look awkard...

A bit like your avatar then :)

Well, thanks for your critique. I appreciate it.

Ill make sure on the next one to use a zero pixel stroke to define edges. Thanks for saving us all from another embarrasment.

although it looks better than most new skin releases.. it IS still too bulky in areas for my taste and it wouldn't make it past a few hours use, if that. Frogboy, if you're looking at what i mean by bulky, look at the start button, caption buttons, the toolbar buttons especially.. but the overuse of the woodgrain texture, dark shadows and just horrible "glass" look make it not so well done in my opinion. I understand vista and/or aero uses a glass finish.. but wooden glass is just bad, and needs to be a bit more subtle.

I hate when people find a texture and think that plastering it EVERYWHERE on a theme makes it look professional.

There is no wooden glass.. anywhere. what are you talking about Joe? Next, what would you have done, spread dofferent wooden textures throughout the theme? Consitency matters.

Next... the glass is overdone? 30% opacity is overdone?

Bulky? 1-2 Pixel strokes are bulky? In whose book? A conservative Minimalists? Check Aero, Glass levels, stroke sizes.. the same.

Honestly I used to respect you, thesedays, for whatever reason you seem to have something negative to say about everything. I completely disagree with everything you said here. From a professional standpoint I believe your judgement has become impaired Joe.

Check the submission thread at WC, everyday folks wanting clean useable themes. by this time next week, 50,000 will have downloaded and I'll be SHOCKED if there are 7 negative comments.

So.. I have to ask.. who is right? Really.. everyone is.. in their opinion.. I just happen to STRONGLY disagree with yours.

A bit like your avatar then :)

Well, thanks for your critique. I appreciate it.

Ill make sure on the next one to use a zero pixel stroke to define edges. Thanks for saving us all from another embarrasment.

There is no wooden glass.. anywhere. what are you talking about Joe? Next, what would you have done, spread dofferent wooden textures throughout the theme? Consitency matters.

Next... the glass is overdone? 30% opacity is overdone?

Bulky? 1-2 Pixel strokes are bulky? In whose book? A conservative Minimalists? Check Aero, Glass levels, stroke sizes.. the same.

Honestly I used to respect you, thesedays, for whatever reason you seem to have something negative to say about everything. I completely disagree with everything you said here. From a professional standpoint I believe your judgement has become impaired Joe.

Check the submission thread at WC, everyday folks wanting clean useable themes. by this time next week, 50,000 will have downloaded and I'll be SHOCKED if there are 7 negative comments.

So.. I have to ask.. who is right? Really.. everyone is.. in their opinion.. I just happen to STRONGLY disagree with yours.

Take some criticism and shut up.

Ugly visual style, not the worst but no good either.

Take some criticism and shut up.

Ugly visual style, not the worst but no good either.

Agreed, some people just can't take criticism and making snide comments about someone's avatar because they didn't like the theme?

Fail

bulkiness? It's Aero but with a wood texture.

It looks hideous, I mean seriously what? how can anything like that look professional and modern? it looks more suitable for one of those HP laptops for kids if I'm honest :/

vista_no.jpg

or

vista_yes.jpg

VistaGlass VS for me thanks...

I actually wonder how many people who say it's "ugly" or "bulky" have even used the skin, or much less, ever used WindowBlinds. I also don't think people realize that saying something is "ugly", or "it sucks" is not criticism, it's an insult. I also wonder why this only happens in this section, I don't see these comments being made by WB users when it comes to some of the .msstyles I see posted.

There is nothing bulky about this skin, the screenshot does not really represent the true look of this skin. But anyways, SkinStudio 6 is free, so feel free to create a skin because I for one would love to see what some of you think is "good".

http://www.stardock.com/products/skinstudio/

2195348022_7336da4b37_b.jpg