[VS] Aero Executive

I'd just like to point out that an Admin and a Staff member bickering like children in the public section of the forum doesn't look very good to us normal members here.

I'd just like to point out that an Admin and a Staff member bickering like children in the public section of the forum doesn't look very good to us normal members here.

I just gived my opinion. :)

I like it. It matches the wall I was already using....

desktop011508ph3.jpg

:D I don't know what all the hubbub is over. If you like it, cool. If you don't, cool. If you prefer Vs's over WindowBlinds or vice-versa cool. I almost thought this was one of those politics or religion threads. I'm rather amused.

Can't we all just get along. :woot:

The tag is [VS]. That's an issue that has been settled for literally 6+ years.

Secondly, anyone who says "I will never like WindowBlinds" who is participating in a WindowBlinds forum is, by definition, trolling, would you not agree?

If I say I hate the Mac and hang out in the Mac forum criticizing the Mac and even saying "I will never like the Mac" how do you think participants would respond.

Unfortunately for you, that's not the case.

Just as people have the right to criticize a posting made by someone else, their posting, in turn, is subject to criticism.

That is good advice. I suggest you follow it.

To be fair A) We are seeing an extent of bias here thus I cant actually take your advice into consideration.

B) Showcasing your work and then whining at people for expressing their opinion is just plain trolling.. Take it on the chin rather than whine about it, you claim hypocracy and reckon I should take it on the chin.

I'm not bothered what you say its the internet :p Not like you are going to do anything like bomb my house because I hate the Visual Style that you were involved with in some form or manner.

But as I say one shouldnt complain at their work being showcased because someone is saying its ugly and not to their taste, fair enough the artist or promoter in this case might not like it but unless he was living in a surreal world its not like he could expect to reach out to everyone in the world and expect them to like his skin.

But i find it futile to continue this argument... Because A) You have an element of bias considering your name is mentioned quite squarely on the Wincustomize site alongside that skin, B) Island dogs a Wincustomize dude also.. C) Your an admin and im not setting myself up for any situation where that bias may encourage a abuse of power or overreaction.

1-Really? I need to test it then.

2- lol, WB is out since 1998 and Firefox is out since 2003.

3- Yes, maybe WB skins can be like MSSTyles, but in fact the Smotth Glass is the better so far for me.

It has 8000 downloads since Sep 2007 and this skin has 2000 since yesterday? Well, the SG is under a LOT of sub-section and not on the main page, which means that users need to navigate a LOT to find it, while this skin has been announced on the main page, which means a LOT of visits, right? :p

1) WindowBlinds still has more free themes than Firefox even when counting 2003 on.

2) This is like saying you like MS Paint more than Photoshop because the image you loaded into MS Paint is one you like better than the image you loaded into Photoshop.

3) Feel free to find the most popular Vista based msstyles and display the # of downloads it has. This skin from a couple weeks ago has over 24,000 downloads. Vista Msstyles just arne't that popular. They're too hard to set up and you usually end up with something that's basically Aero with a few images changed.

You couldn't, for instance, even do a wood textured Aero with a Vista msstyles. Sure, some of the people here don't want/like it but that's irrelevant because clearly some people do (such as the original poster).

To be fair A) We are seeing an extent of bias here thus I cant actually take your advice into consideration.

B) Showcasing your work and then whining at people for expressing their opinion is just plain trolling.. Take it on the chin rather than whine about it, you claim hypocracy and reckon I should take it on the chin.

I'm not bothered what you say its the internet :p Not like you are going to do anything like bomb my house because I hate the Visual Style that you were involved with in some form or manner.

But as I say one shouldnt complain at their work being showcased because someone is saying its ugly and not to their taste, fair enough the artist or promoter in this case might not like it but unless he was living in a surreal world its not like he could expect to reach out to everyone in the world and expect them to like his skin.

But i find it futile to continue this argument... Because A) You have an element of bias considering your name is mentioned quite squarely on the Wincustomize site alongside that skin, B) Island dogs a Wincustomize dude also.. C) Your an admin and im not setting myself up for any situation where that bias may encourage a abuse of power or overreaction.

I didn't make the post. I didn't make the skin. I am defending people's right to respond to people who are criticizing them and correcting factual mistakes in the discussion.

From my "biased" point of view I see a few people bellyaching that the people they were trashing actually showed up to respond. I.e. I see some bellyaching because they got pwned. ;)

There's a term for people who only insult others behind their backs and get all nervous when the person they were insulting confronts them but the term escapes me...

You keeping talking about these "Free Themes"... but WindowBlinds isn't free! How does that work out?

Comparing an OS skinning tool to a web-browser is absolutely ridiculous.

Whatever.

Well, since this is the WB section i have to say this is the BEST skin for WB in my Opinion is the Adamant:

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...285&libid=1

Maybe now you'll understand what styles' i like. :p

I don't like Adamant. :)

I like this one other than the Start button:

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...354&libid=1

Like I say I'm not crying over spilt milk because there has been none.

Again to be said, you dont want people to give impression of your work then dont showcase it and cry when someone gives an opinion.

I could have come at the responses from a different angle but i see no point to start arguing or actually insulting anyone.

If you seriously reckon that saying a skins ugly but each to their own is offensive, I would hate to see what would happen in a argument.

Also I wasnt implying you made the skin I was implying potential bias by this:

It is the latest of the free skin series from Stardock Design. This skin was designed by Vstyler and Frogboy for Stardock Design.

You have involvement thus a reason to defend it... and a potential for bias.

1) WindowBlinds still has more free themes than Firefox even when counting 2003 on.

2) This is like saying you like MS Paint more than Photoshop because the image you loaded into MS Paint is one you like better than the image you loaded into Photoshop.

3) Feel free to find the most popular Vista based msstyles and display the # of downloads it has. This skin from a couple weeks ago has over 24,000 downloads. Vista Msstyles just arne't that popular. They're too hard to set up and you usually end up with something that's basically Aero with a few images changed.

You couldn't, for instance, even do a wood textured Aero with a Vista msstyles. Sure, some of the people here don't want/like it but that's irrelevant because clearly some people do (such as the original poster).

I didn't make the post. I didn't make the skin. I am defending people's right to respond to people who are criticizing them and correcting factual mistakes in the discussion.

From my "biased" point of view I see a few people bellyaching that the people they were trashing actually showed up to respond. I.e. I see some bellyaching because they got pwned. ;)

There's a term for people who only insult others behind their backs and get all nervous when the person they were insulting confronts them but the term escapes me...

How about we move on, or close this topic. :)

I genuinely don't get it.... How can anyone actually USE that sh*t on a day to day basis and/or actually think it looks good? Sure, everyone's different and we all have "personal taste" but for the love of sanity, how can anyone think that this VS or most all of the one's i've ever seen can be used in replacement of MS's version?

Oh boy, what a comment... I totally support it!

Never liked windowblinds after XP, msstyles won me over. But that's not the matter.

To me, this skin looks like a toy, not more. Someone went crazy with the color palette and the overlay tool in his graphics program. Its like a car with a yellow hood, pink windows and blue tires. Sure, looks cool, but I so couldn't ever get in that car as much as I could never work with this, it's just brown, brown and brown again, looks retarded with that wood overlay and it would kill my day if my boss would make me use it every day.

The comparison the MS is quite out of place, they had to target a couple millions PC users where this only is for some visually impaired or seriously underaged kids.

You keeping talking about these "Free Themes"... but WindowBlinds isn't free! How does that work out?

Comparing an OS skinning tool to a web-browser is absolutely ridiculous.

We're comparing in the sense that it's obnoxious for detractors of a given thing to come into a forum and troll postings.

I.e. it would be obnoxious for a detractor of Firefox to hang out in a Firefox forum and bash new things being made for it and specifically say they don't like Firefox.

Similarly, it's obnoxious for someone who says they don't like WindowBlinds to be hanging out in a WindowBlinds forum bashing things being made for it.

If you like a given skin, that's great. If you don't, that's fine too. But what annoys me is when someone insults something and then start complaining when someone calls them on their criticism to back it up.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I don't care even in the slighest whether people like this skin or not. It affects me not at all. It doesn't even matter to me whether someone like WindowBlinds or Uxtheme or whatever.

What I do find annoying, and it is something we have tried to curb on Neowin, is the habit for some people to come on and trash the work of others who then cry foul when they are held accountable for what they say. Some people apparently think that they have some sort of universal right to insult and abuse something and then if the person who made the thing they're insulting shows up that that person isn't entitled to defend themselves.

You keeping talking about these "Free Themes"... but WindowBlinds isn't free!

The themes and WindowBlinds are two separate things. You pay for the full version of WB and can use the 1,000's of skins made for it, in which the overwhelming majority are free to download.

Again to be said, you dont want people to give impression of your work then dont showcase it and cry when someone gives an opinion.

I don't see anybody crying about it. The real problem is when someone posts a skin, certain people seem to take their time to leave their negative opinions based on the fact that it's a skin for WB. As was already said, how many WB users go to the .msstyle forums and talk about those things?

See and thats where your totally wrong... Calling something ugly isnt exactly trashing their work and acknowledging everyone has their tastes isnt either...

Fair enough there are some genuine haters (Second post I think it was)

But that sly dig there at the end is unfounded... Besides I dont see Island Dogs name on that page.. fair enough if its his work and hes complaining about the criticism but here it just looks like hes some Wincustomise staff complaining about any negativity... and trolling essentially... aka affiliated fanboyism whine

We're comparing in the sense that it's obnoxious for detractors of a given thing to come into a forum and troll postings.

<snipped>

That's totally true, I agree.

(Would be nice to be able to see what type of theme it is though, when it comes up on the homepage :shiftyninja:)

There is no wooden glass.. anywhere. what are you talking about Joe? Next, what would you have done, spread dofferent wooden textures throughout the theme? Consitency matters.

Next... the glass is overdone? 30% opacity is overdone?

Bulky? 1-2 Pixel strokes are bulky? In whose book? A conservative Minimalists? Check Aero, Glass levels, stroke sizes.. the same.

Honestly I used to respect you, thesedays, for whatever reason you seem to have something negative to say about everything. I completely disagree with everything you said here. From a professional standpoint I believe your judgement has become impaired Joe.

Check the submission thread at WC, everyday folks wanting clean useable themes. by this time next week, 50,000 will have downloaded and I'll be SHOCKED if there are 7 negative comments.

So.. I have to ask.. who is right? Really.. everyone is.. in their opinion.. I just happen to STRONGLY disagree with yours.

again, your base your skills on 50,000 retards who lurk on the wincustomize site..lol

You talk a good game john but you're just too proud to accept any criticism. You talk about the theme "needing" consistency, yet you have a wooden aero theme, with glass buttons.. tell me where the consistency is in that. Just because i don't like themes put out for WB you feel you need to personally attack me and my opinions? You need to get your head out of your ass man.

Whether you respect me or not.. i couldn't give a ****, but if you don't want feedback or criticism then stop posting here. I didn't say anything disrespectful towards you or anyone else in my first post, i simply stated my opinion The theme itself looks good.. HOWEVER having glass buttons on a wooden theme is just idiotic. Everything does NOT need to have the same wooden texture to be consistent.. jesus have you never used a good theme before? You know it's possible to branch out a and put a solid color somewhere, everything doesn't HAVE to have that texture. The IE buttons don't fit the theme at all, as a matter of fact all the "orbs" in the theme, start button, toolbar buttons.. are just way to bulky to be honest. I think the theme would have been great.. and useable had there been NO glass and some solid colors/gradients in some places. Everything doesn't have to look the same.

And this is not directed at anyone in specific but i'm just so fckin tired of seeing Aero clones.. and/or Mac themes with 3 fcking dots as caption buttons.. originality has gone out the window it seems.

It's certainly amazing to see so much scrutiny given over to one skin.

I think some of you need to accept that different people have different tastes.

Bubbabyte: Please refrain from insulting other groups.

It's pretty reasonable for someone to base their skills on thousands of people who are into customizing their computers.

Any further flames will have consequences.

It's certainly amazing to see so much scrutiny given over to one skin.

I think some of you need to accept that different people have different tastes.

Bubbabyte: Please refrain from insulting other groups.

It's pretty reasonable for someone to base their skills on thousands of people who are into customizing their computers.

Any further flames will have consequences.

I acknowledged that in my post.. Thats all I'm going to say, Maybe its better to lock the thread or have a cleanup?

I understand people have different tastes. The argument about WC community and their tastes is tiring so i'm not even gonna go there again.

However, Frogboy.. i will continue to insult groups that insult me, that will never stop regardless of your position at neowin. i have nothing negative to say to you whatsoever, but if winswy/vstyler feels the need to personally attack me, then i will most definitely insult back. Btw, why is it that i don't see you "warning" vstyler about his comments?

I understand people have different tastes. The argument about WC community and their tastes is tiring so i'm not even gonna go there again.

However, Frogboy.. i will continue to insult groups that insult me, that will never stop regardless of your position at neowin. i have nothing negative to say to you whatsoever, but if winswy/vstyler feels the need to personally attack me, then i will most definitely insult back. Btw, why is it that i don't see you "warning" vstyler about his comments?

I agree with you but I didn't see Vstyler call you a "retard".

This thread has gone out of control!

The theme is not be the most aesthetically pleasing in my eyes either, however there's no need for some of the comments given by many here...

I agree with you but I didn't see Vstyler call you a "retard".

I don't want to drag this on any longer then i need to, honestly.. and although i do apoligize for my harsh words, if you re-read my post you'll see that nowhere did i call vstyler a retard.. i said 50,000 retards who lurk on WC, i never called vstyler or anyone else names. And to be honest my comment didn't even reflect the WC community.. lurkers in general are retarded..heh

lurkers in general are retarded..heh

Your probably right Joe, 50,000 people can't possibly know more than you..you should hear yourself. by next month.. It'll be 100,000 probably doubled again in 6.

You know what makes a successful leader..? Listening, Knowing what people want... providing it to them, and by way of wit and law of percentages... disregarding the inconsistent ramblings of the few.

When you , or anyone else here are in the upper ehelon of income earners by way of XP\Vista gui design.. stop by my site... I may give you a look. Until then, criticize all you want.. but know I will give it right back.

See, I don't really care whether you and your five best friends think its ugly or offer up your own personal advice on how I think I should design my skins... because in the scheme of things, your a very small minority of my audience.

Lastly I didn't post this here, nor did I ask for feedback from Neowin.

ooooh again winswy swoops in with his godlike attitude... imagine you actually consider yourself a leader.. lmfao. Dude i'm not even gonna bother wasting my time with you anymore, you're "obviously" untouchable, and feel that anyone who gives you negative criticism is wrong, and you are always right. The day you have anyone worthy of visiting your site will be a cold day in hell, because even though you think your **** don't stink, it does, believe me. You may be the best skinner on YOUR site, but that's only because you're afraid of being affiliated with the tons of people that are much more talented then you are because you know they will expose your quicky bulk for what is it when they actually release something good.

See John, i'm not really sure why it had to come to this.. i was offering my opinion on the theme, which i didn't even know you were a part of.. and you decide to jump on the wagon and start running your mouth about me. I've never once personally attacked you until now, so is it just because you can't accept criticism or because the truth hurts?