[VS] Aero Executive

I use Windowblinds... have done since I think it was V3 or V4 on Windows XP back in 2000...

I dont care if you percieve it being ugly as an insult... If you cant take the fact that it isnt agreeable with everyones taste then dont read the thread.. but dont try and enforce your view on others and then shout them down/call them for not agreeing with you.

So yes my view remains - it is ugly in my eyes... because its not to my agreeable taste and its not what i want to see when im using my computer for extended periods of times (Aka it comes off tacky) but like I say each to their own..

I actually quite like it, and would download it if I still had WB (sorta broke right now). The only thing I give a thumbs down to is the thickness of the side borders - that's personal preference/what I'm used to though.

I genuinely don't get it.... How can anyone actually USE that sh*t on a day to day basis and/or actually think it looks good? Sure, everyone's different and we all have "personal taste" but for the love of sanity, how can anyone think that this VS or most all of the one's i've ever seen can be used in replacement of MS's version? It's worrying that in a world where there are so many dangerous things people are able to do, those who have such bad taste are able to walk the streets as there's something SERIOUSLY deficient in their judgement.

The human race must have come further than this? Surely?

I'm living in a Democracy and Visual Styles like this are still being released? Sheesh. :wacko:

That was a bit much man, and seriously unnecessary. :hmmm:

There is no wooden glass.. anywhere. what are you talking about Joe? Next, what would you have done, spread dofferent wooden textures throughout the theme? Consitency matters.

Next... the glass is overdone? 30% opacity is overdone?

Bulky? 1-2 Pixel strokes are bulky? In whose book? A conservative Minimalists? Check Aero, Glass levels, stroke sizes.. the same.

Honestly I used to respect you, thesedays, for whatever reason you seem to have something negative to say about everything. I completely disagree with everything you said here. From a professional standpoint I believe your judgement has become impaired Joe.

Check the submission thread at WC, everyday folks wanting clean useable themes. by this time next week, 50,000 will have downloaded and I'll be SHOCKED if there are 7 negative comments.

So.. I have to ask.. who is right? Really.. everyone is.. in their opinion.. I just happen to STRONGLY disagree with yours.

Agreed

Well, this skin is horrible for the home user, maybe this is only recommended for executives :cat:

I don't like WindowBlinds and i never will.

Why should i use/spend money on a program that uses more resources and has incompatibility with some applications? Yes, including games (i think i don't need to say what applications are, since they can be found on Google), and there's VS which can be used without any applications? Period.

Anyway, there's no better skin for Vista than the original one, the Aero VS is the best so far in my opinion. :D

Why should i use/spend money on a program that uses more resources

I would worry more about something like Firefox that uses a couple hundred MB's of RAM, than WB which virtually uses none.

Wood themes are always ugly. This one is no different. It's well done and I can appreciate the work that went into it, but it's not for me. Typical "too much" Windowblinds theme.

I would worry more about something like Firefox that uses a couple hundred MB's of RAM, than WB which virtually uses none.

Firefox is free.

Firefox only uses much more memory with plugins/themes.

All the themes for Firefox are free.

I can use normal Visual Styles which can be much better than the Stardock ones (sorry), like this one: http://dimage.deviantart.com/art/Smooth-Glass-65856226

And the Smooth Glass doesn't need another application, and can be used by both home users, executives or whatever, simple and perfect. :p

Take some criticism and shut up.

Ugly visual style, not the worst but no good either.

Banned.

Here's a tip: If you have used up all your warnings, it's probably not a good idea to be nasty on the forums.

To the rest of you: Giving opinions is a two-way street. It's amazing how quickly some people here will act like the injured party when their insulting comments get questioned by others.

If you feel the need to criticize something, then have the stones to deal with taking some yourself.

Well, this skin is horrible for the home user, maybe this is only recommended for executives :cat:

Why should i use/spend money on a program that uses more resources and has incompatibility with some applications? Yes, including games (i think i don't need to say what applications are, since they can be found on Google), and there's VS which can be used without any applications? Period.

Anyway, there's no better skin for Vista than the original one, the Aero VS is the best so far in my opinion. :D

Then why are you participating on a discussion of a WindowBlinds skin in the WindowBlinds forum?

It would be like someone going into a Firefox forum complaining that people should just stick with Internet Explorer because Firefox uses extra resources and isn't compatible with all web pages (including web based games) and that IE is the greatest thing anyway?

I agree with your there all the way until your last point.. XD
Banned.
I forgot it was against the rules to express an opinion.
Then why are you participating on a discussion of a WindowBlinds skin in the WindowBlinds forum?
This thread appeared under "Recent Forum Posts" on the homepage with [VS] at the start. Most MsStyles threads look the same.

It would be like someone going into a Firefox forum complaining that people should just stick with Internet Explorer because Firefox uses extra resources and isn't compatible with all web pages (including web based games) and that IE is the greatest thing anyway?

I'm pretty sure people here do that...

The grain design itself really does what a theme isn't supposed to do: take the user's eyes away from the content. That's where many themes, regardless of platform, tend to fail. They become too flashy that they detract from the content they are being used to present. This theme is no different, IMO. I will give credit to say it has clean lines, which is nice to see, but the pattern is just way too distracting.

Because i've installed this: https://www.neowin.net/news/software/08/01/...ds-602-build-74 ?

And then i've get to this section to see what i can find here?

Then i've posted my opinion about the skin?

Anyway, at least the Diamond skin is good. :D

PS: Shouldn't the tag of this topic be [WB] instead of [VS] ? :unsure:

Firefox is free.

Firefox only uses much more memory with plugins/themes.

All the themes for Firefox are free.

I can use normal Visual Styles which can be much better than the Stardock ones (sorry), like this one: http://dimage.deviantart.com/art/Smooth-Glass-65856226

And the Smooth Glass doesn't need another application, and can be used by both home users, executives or whatever, simple and perfect. :p

1) Firefox, the browser, quite a bit of memory. WindowBlinds uses about the same as notepad and uses LESS memory than when you are running Aero.

2) There are a lot more free WindowBlinds themes than there are free Firefox themes.

3) I'm not sure what a "normal" visual style is but if you are referring to msstyles, since they are a subset of WindowBlinds visual styles then, by definition, they can't look "better" because WindowBlinds can have the exact same visual styles.

Look, it's okay to not like a particular visual style. However, you will note that WindowBlinds users don't go into the msstyles areas on Neowin and crap on the often hideous looking msstyles that get posted.

The skin you refered to: http://dimage.deviantart.com/art/Smooth-Glass-65856226

Was released last September, requires quite a bit of hacking to get working (read the comments on deviantART about it), and has been downloaded a TOTAL of 8,000 or so times.

By contrast, this skin was uploaded YESTERDAY, has over 2,000 downloads already, and has an average rating of 5 stars. Clearly, most people who are into this sort of thing like it.

I think that works both ways. ;)

Hardly... Its posted as a showcase...

If it gets slammed then fair enough but if you cant take the heat over someone giving their opinion on it then no need to whine at them about it.

The picture was posted, opinion was given... You dont want the opinion then dont showcase it?

Because i've installed this: https://www.neowin.net/news/software/08/01/...ds-602-build-74 ?

And then i've get to this section to see what i can find here?

Then i've posted my opinion about the skin?

Anyway, at least the Diamond skin is good. :D

PS: Shouldn't the tag of this topic be [WB] instead of [VS] ? :unsure:

The tag is [VS]. That's an issue that has been settled for literally 6+ years.

Secondly, anyone who says "I will never like WindowBlinds" who is participating in a WindowBlinds forum is, by definition, trolling, would you not agree?

If I say I hate the Mac and hang out in the Mac forum criticizing the Mac and even saying "I will never like the Mac" how do you think participants would respond.

If it gets slammed then fair enough but if you cant take the heat over someone giving their opinion on it then no need to whine at them about it.

The picture was posted, opinion was given... You dont want the opinion then dont showcase it?

Unfortunately for you, that's not the case.

Just as people have the right to criticize a posting made by someone else, their posting, in turn, is subject to criticism.

if you cant take the heat over someone giving their opinion on it then no need to whine at them about it.

That is good advice. I suggest you follow it.

*sigh*

1) Firefox, the browser, quite a bit of memory. WindowBlinds uses about the same as notepad and uses LESS memory than when you are running Aero.

2) There are a lot more free WindowBlinds themes than there are free Firefox themes.

3) I'm not sure what a "normal" visual style is but if you are referring to msstyles, since they are a subset of WindowBlinds visual styles then, by definition, they can't look "better" because WindowBlinds can have the exact same visual styles.

Look, it's okay to not like a particular visual style. However, you will note that WindowBlinds users don't go into the msstyles areas on Neowin and crap on the often hideous looking msstyles that get posted.

Was released last September, requires quite a bit of hacking to get working (read the comments on deviantART about it), and has been downloaded a TOTAL of 8,000 or so times.

By contrast, this skin was uploaded YESTERDAY, has over 2,000 downloads already, and has an average rating of 5 stars. Clearly, most people who are into this sort of thing like it.

Point taken, how did this thread get out of hand in the first place. You folks really need to take it easy, I mean, it is just a skin.

1-Really? I need to test it then.

2- lol, WB is out since 1998 and Firefox is out since 2003.

3- Yes, maybe WB skins can be like MSSTyles, but in fact the Smotth Glass is the better so far for me.

It has 8000 downloads since Sep 2007 and this skin has 2000 since yesterday? Well, the SG is under a LOT of sub-section and not on the main page, which means that users need to navigate a LOT to find it, while this skin has been announced on the main page, which means a LOT of visits, right? :p

Its real simple..I don't have to agree with the opinion and have my own equal and as far as I rememeber inalienable right to retort. Whether you like it or not.

What is with you people?

Its almost comical the ratio of abusive posts on this forum as if you take pleasure in it.

From now on you can count me out of discussions here. The attitude of some of the posters here borders on hatred.