Windows Longhorn 4051 now available for download

That's right the PDC build of Longhorn (4051) is now available to download from the MSDN Subscription Downloads page if you have access to an MSDN account.

Also available are the LDK (Longhorn Driver Kit), SDK and "Whitepapers and Extras"

P.

Edited by params

Thing is, this build is aimed at developers, so has not a great deal of new eye candy or "wow factor" features. It's just a reasonably stable alpha edition of Window Longhorn, for development. :|

Nice!

All I wish I had is access to the MSDN site and things would be cool. :)

About reaping the fruits of MSDN, yes, you want it, but didn't you get a PDC goodie bag from a friend?

Nice!

All I wish I had is access to the MSDN site and things would be cool. :)

About reaping the fruits of MSDN, yes, you want it, but didn't you get a PDC goodie bag from a friend?

He now says that someone else needed the goodie bag more than me. (N)

Not that much of a friend as a colleague.. Ex colleague?

To answer a couple of questions:

The Microsoft? Windows? codename Longhorn Driver Kit (LDK) provides a development environment for the creation of drivers for Windows Codename Longhorn, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000. The LDK provides additional driver-specific headers, libraries, sources, tools, test frameworks, and documentation that are used to develop drivers for Windows codename Longhorn.

and

The filename for the standard 32bit image is lh_usa_4051_x86fre_pro.iso

On a side note, this made me chuckle:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn/productinfo/tour/ starts with "This document is intended as a high-level user's guide for developers" but the "high-level" guide includes such items as

1. From the Start menu, click Computer. This is a place from which you can get to all of your storage locations, such as the WinFX default store, and

3. Open the Start menu and click Music. The music you added to the WinFX default store appears in the music collection

High-level indeed ;o)

It really is good value for money if you're a student. I think it's $250 now for an OS subscription, which gives you all MS Operating Systems, and 10 licenses for each. So, if you've got 3 or more systems needing windows xp pro on them, you're already saving money.

Ive got it, my work have allowed me to have it, but they wont let me have the product key as it is specific to my works account :(

Hopefully I will find one lying around or soemthing