Visual Styles Hall of Fame

Since there's alot of VS out there... some nicer than others. I decided to create this thread so everyone can post their favorite VisualStyle. I see people asking "what's that VS" in the monthly desktop thread everyday. I really think this thread will help people keeping an eye on what's trendy these days when it comes to VisualStyles !

Here are the 'rules' :

• NO DUPES (I WILL KEEP A LIST IN THIS POST)
  • MUST POST A SCREENSHOT OF IT IN ACTION (800x600 -or- 1024x768)
  • MUST LINK TO THE VS (DEVART OR NEOWIN THREAD)
  • PUT THE AUTHOR AND VS NAME
  • DO NOT POST ANY VS YOU CAN FIND, ONLY POST WHAT YOU CONSIDER NICE
  • NO OFF-TOPIC POSTS!
  • READ THE RULES AGAIN

Hoping this will get a sticky :)

LIST:

Azure by Gigatexel & Bant

Classix 10K 2.0 by Gigatexel

Grayscale by (ported) KoL

HmmXP by ????

Mafia by Y/C

Opus Natural by B0se

Pastel by Stevio

SS Simplex by Bubbabyte

Crystal Milk 0.1 by dlb

Edited by xplatinum

Competition for what? Different people have different tastes and life-styles. Let them judge their best themes in their minds instead cheering their favourite themes to beat others. I think we should make Visual style gallery to let ppl find their themes more easily than search like

VS 1 by ABC screenshot

VS 2 by DEF screenshot

god, what's your problem ? you're very annoying.

Where the hell did I mention the word competition ? Where did I say that it was a place to "beat each other's theme" ? Get your facts straight before assuming stupidities.

I see people asking "what's that VS" in the monthly desktop thread everyday. I really think this thread will help people keeping an eye on what's trendy these days when it comes to VisualStyles !

Learn to read, geez !

-edit-

... you didn't even bother posting something. go away :pinch:

Edited by xplatinum

Word "Hall of Fame" meant to be the best or most popular themes. I read all of your purposes and I think it should be Theme Gallery than Hall of fame to decide something good or bad. Ideas you brought could take members to compete their favourite themes for further posts like "why don't you add XYZ VS? I think it's cool too!" and then someone said that sucks (This is just an example so don't be serious). So I'd like to tell you about changing topic from hall of fame to theme gallery.

Get it?

Word "Hall of Fame" meant to be the best or most popular themes. I read all of your purposes and I think it should be Theme Gallery than Hall of fame to decide something good or bad. Ideas you brought could take members to compete their favourite themes for further posts like "why don't you add XYZ VS? I think it's cool too!" and then someone said that sucks (This is just an example so don't be serious). So I'd like to tell you about changing topic from hall of fame to theme gallery.

Get it?

Yeah that would be a good idea... but I don't want people to add every single VS out there. I want people to post what THEY think is their favorite or best VS to their eyes.

I also don't want this thread to become cluttered with the past couple posts we made. I want it to be 95% of screenies and VS.

Windows X go find a new thread to troll. I personally think this is an awesome idea if done correctly and if you have nothing positive to contribute don't say anything at all.

onatural.PNG

Opus Natural by b0se

It's clean simple and perfect it has been on my desktop for ages.

i personally think this is a great idea for a thread. one thread where someone can go through and see many great visual styles and have the download links right in the same thread. :happy:

my personal favourtie is HmmXP for various reasons. first of all, its simple, so simple yet still appealing and attractive to the eyes. i've been using it for so long now, its kinda my xp default. i will try out new themes, but i always revert back to HmmXP.

download: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5514034/

screenshot: look below.

post-34-1086802269.jpg

i personally think this is a great idea for a thread. one thread where someone can go through and see many great visual styles and have the download links right in the same thread. :happy:

my personal favourtie is HmmXP for various reasons. first of all, its simple, so simple yet still appealing and attractive to the eyes. i've been using it for so long now, its kinda my xp default. i will try out new themes, but i always revert back to HmmXP.

download: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5514034/

screenshot: look below.

I love that one :)

Windows X go find a new thread to troll. I personally think this is an awesome idea if done correctly and if you have nothing positive to contribute don't say anything at all.

http://www.manwohat.net/pics/onatural.PNG

Opus Natural by b0se

It's clean simple and perfect it has been on my desktop for ages.

got a download link? never heard of that version of Opus.

HmmXP just looks too much like Windows Classic for me to want to use it. Here's one of my long time favorites.

Grayscale

Ported by Kol

www.studiotwentyeight.com

gs.gif

Ashen by Bant on this forum

I would have posted it but Bant removed all the download links :(

p.s: Even if it was there, I asked people to post a screenshot & link. Telling people to look for it isn't any help.

Edited by xplatinum

nice, never seen it before. i'll be good to kinda organize them all together - maybe a site with only top neowin choice vs (containing only screenshots, names and links) ? I would love to be able to check out top 20-50 VS's based on neowin choice (no ranking order, obviosly).

SS Simplex

SS simplex is a port of a theme original made by Kevin Husted at www.swizcore.com for OS X. Thanks to kevin for creating such wonderful themes and for granting permission to port them to Xp Platform.

This theme includes 2 styles, regular and gel.

Made By: Bubbabyte

Simplex.png

http://bubbabyte.advancedpc.org/Harmon%20G...S%20Simplex.zip

AND

Crystal Milk 0.1

Crystal Milk is just another version of Milk 2.0 theme.

It's created for go with Crystal SVG or Crystal Paper icons created by everaldo.

Made/Posted By: dlb

VS5.gif

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=175190

These are my top 20 in alphabetical order.

It doesn't mean that I don't love other vs'es, but these are the top ones that are my personal favs out of the many talented skinners and their skins.

Here goes ;)

vshalloffame1.jpg

Mel