Getting Started with Mozilla Firefox

Thanks, still editing it since I made it wrote this in notpad, when i copied it over it messed up some thing...and I cant figure out why the text suddely shrinks half way through the post.

Installation

The official releases don't have installers, which means that you need to install Firefox manually. If you're using Windows, you can download an unofficial installer which takes care of this whole process, including the creation of application shortcuts.

This is not up to date. They only make Windows Installers now.

umm no they dont please see here http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...y/latest-0.9.1/ or did you mean Mozilla makes the installer now and its not unofficial?

They did at some point. Either way, the installers ARE official.

Windows users will find Firefox is now only 4.7MB to download.
At only 4.7MB (Windows), Firefox only takes minutes to download over a fast connection. The installer gets you set up quickly, and the new Easy Transition system imports all of your settings - Favorites, passwords and other data from Internet Explorer and other browsers - so you can start surfing right away.

The zip archive is 6.0MB.

Good to hear hankyone, thats the reason I made this is to help out the "Firefox b00bs" I will later add info on about:config and user.js...I just dont have enough time right now to explain all of that

Good to hear hankyone, thats the reason I made this is to help out the "Firefox b00bs" I will later add info on about:config and user.js...I just dont have enough time right now to explain all of that

:o firefox b00bs?!?!?!?!

firefox is a girl!!!! :D

thanks kainashi...all the info is from various sites I just compiled them into one guide for easy finding.

@ Hankyone: dude why couldnt you of noticed that earlier? now I can't edit it.. lol I meant "Firefox n00bs"

Awesome guide, supernova.

going to go send it to a few friends that are being stubborn about converting to firefox.

just so you know....

there's a extension called User Agent Switcher. if a site doesnt allow users to use firefox you can easily make the site think that you're using IE or Opera, etc.

Just updated the guide to include "Run Firefox from a USB memory stick" just learnt about this myself while searching through mozilla website