Getting Started with Mozilla Firefox

The installers are better, they seem to muck up less settings when installing new builds than with the zips.

Really, I find the zip builds of Firefox good for nightlys, so they can be used and then deleted without distrubing other installed builds.

Update: Updated every single link for extensions, themes, along with all the download links for Firefox and the other programs listed in the guide. Posted new screenshots of Firefox, and linked to newer screenshots of the themes. I also added some more detail about the features of firefox. Also, fixed some of my typos.

So everything should be up-to-date now, happy browsing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about switching over, but my wife still wants IE. Can I run both on my PC, and will it mess up IE in any way. I don't want to be sleeping on the couch for breaking the computer (again :whistle: ).

Edited by tshindon

What's EI?(You mean IE?)

You can have both browsers installed, won't have any problem with it. I use Mozilla Firefox, and my brothers uses Internet Explorer on the same computer.

I also have Opera, but I never use it. :laugh:

Thanks guys, I made the switch and I love it! I can't see any reason for ever using IE again. I also converted my wife too, see liked all the features that IE doesn't have and the added security.

Thanks guys, I made the switch and I love it! I can't see any reason for ever using IE again. I also converted my wife too, see liked all the features that IE doesn't have and the added security.

584746774[/snapback]

I converted 3 people whilst on work experiance and my dad, too

I just switched because my IE is messed up and i like mozilla so much better. But this helps me understand mozilla firefox more than just using it for browsing and stuff. Thanks a lot! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find any info on how to make... tools>read mail -work

Outlook express is my default.. still cant read mail in in box from FireFox browser..

I can only open Tools>New Message...hmmm

post-48430-1099853553.jpg

grrr i hate that "bug"...I filed that bug a long time ago and we still have not agreed what is the cause. Most are leaning towards it being a windows bug and the way it handles the registry entry that this feature uses. Click here to read the bug report about it...read after comment 23 and beyond.

• 4 weeks later...

I think one of the pitty things about Firefox (and Opera too) is that it doesnt support donwload assistants such as Flash Get and etc when you click to download link. I always use downloaders.

What you think?

I think one of the pitty things about Firefox (and Opera too) is that it doesnt support donwload assistants such as Flash Get and etc when you click to download link.  I always use downloaders.

What you think?

585087915[/snapback]

I'm sure there's an extension for that.

Did you try searching through their extension website?