[VS] Imperial

Can a mod please delete my old screenshot attachment futher down this page(not this post)

Visual Style: Imperial ***UPDATED*** 7/09/03 v1.02

Screenshot (click for large)

Download

imperial2sm.jpg

This is my first completed windows skin I have released. This skin was made to look like a silver version of the new theme Royale made by microsoft. If anyone finds any problems with the conversion big or small please let me know.

---------------------------------------------

Visual Style: Imperial 1.01 **UPDATE**

well my ftp on my site isn't letting me update for some reason :crazy: and I was 3kbs over the max file size for it to be an attachment but then I used winrar and zipped (I did not rar it though cuz less people have winrar)

so here it is with the following fixes

- Taskbar buttons now Silver instead of brownish silver*

- Start Menu Separaters fixed to grey/silver, instead of blue*

- Close button inactive is now grey and silver, instead of white and red*

- tray background now matches the gloss

*specail thanks to shawncruikshank

---------------------------------------------

***UPDATE*** 7/09/04 ......later that next day

Visual Style: Imperial 1.02

Brought to you by Deciever

I believe this may be the last update...I really don't see anything left that needs fixing at this point but as always if you find something wrong or don't like let me know and I'll try to fix it.

- Taskbar buttons have been perfected =) they now match taskbar itself

shawncruikshank actually mentioned this problem earlier I just didn't realize how much of a difference it was

at the time lol.

#Possible future update I hear FireFox Tabs display the font to large but I have yet to download and use FireFox so I cannot confirm that this issue happened on just particular setups or all as of yet. If you know how to fix the problem let me know at www.neowin.net forums.

imperial.zip

Edited by Deciever

sorry lol I thought it uploaded in the first post but when you hit preview it clears attaahments so I immediately reloaded the sreenshot but I am a 56k'er so it took awhile lol.

looks like an editet royal but is very good :D

ugh font is way too big, its CRAZY on firefox tabs

sorry about the large font size in firefox(I use MyIE2 and tabs look fine and I don't use firefox) but the default silver theme for xp was the base msstyle for my skin then I simply edited the skin to look like royale but silver instead.

So does the default silver them make large font sizes in the tabs on firefox too or is it just mine?

It is an edited Royale thats why :p

Doesn't mean I didn't spend many hours and days on end and staying up until 4am to figure out how to fix the d@mn taskbar to size down to 30 pixels instead of 34 pixel =P

Unfortunetly my tray arrow has disappeared and from what I have read that is just a glitch in xp and it will come back on its own......so that is why you do not see it on my screenshot incase anyone is wondering. Also if you do know how to get my tray arrow to re-appear please let me know oo.

screenshot

sorry, but how is this much different from the standard xp silver theme? im serious...i cant tell the difference, im not trying to wind you up or anything i actually cant tell.

A fine update for normal users, but for Luna Silver fanatics like me, I'd like to see the following fixed:

This VS doesn't work with LClock (not sure if it has to do with the VS or with LClock)...I just get a black box ontop of my system clock.

Also, the seperators in my start menu (only in the commonly used apps list) appear as plain blue lines, is it supposed to be like this? In the program menu it's fine though...(see screenie)

And, I think the buttons need to be fixed, they all look inverted (I believe the Red Close Window button only turns red on rollover and selection, normally (in Royale) the close window button is blue when idle (could be wrong). Also, in the Start menu, all the shutdown buttons appear to be indented...

One last thing...is there a way you can make it so it's more silvery, and less blueish/greyish/brownish? For examble the taskbar buttons looks a bit brownish at the bottom...and the window title bar looks a bit dark blueish...the window buttons are a combination of both....What would be perfect is if you would use the gradient of silver used in the taskbar for EVERTHING..

Edited by shawncruikshank

sorry, but how is this much different from the standard xp silver theme? im serious...i cant tell the difference, im not trying to wind you up or anything i actually cant tell.

Yeah, I really can't tell any real difference between this and the standard XP silver theme either.

Still, I hope it served you well as a learning experience, and that in the future, you'll be able to make an original work of your own. Keep it up. :)

This VS doesn't work with LClock (not sure if it has to do with the VS or with LClock)...I just get a black box ontop of my system clock.

This happens to me alot on various styles.

Just load in the Lclock config from the control panel and hit the restart button.

Nice VS but I'm not a fan of the silver styles. May give it a shot.

This happens to me alot on various styles.

Just load in the Lclock config from the control panel and hit the restart button.

Nice VS but I'm not a fan of the silver styles. May give it a shot.

Worked, thank you! :D

Yeah, I really can't tell any real difference between this and the standard XP silver theme either.

Still, I hope it served you well as a learning experience, and that in the future, you'll be able to make an original work of your own. Keep it up. :)

apply this theme then apply the silver defualt theme then post.

If anything it is closer to mercury.....after all royale pretty much looks like a blue mercury. In any case this is the silver version and it is slightly more glossy than royale. After you calculate the differences between blue luna and silver luna then try and merge them with royale with those differences this is pretty much what you get. And hopefully this will serve as a good subsitute for those that don't have Royale.

Also this is my 4th theme but it is the only one I released =) and the sole purpose of this theme was a silver royale and I believe that is what I've accomplished minice a bug or two which I will fix.

It is an edited Royale thats why :p

I hope you didn't use the original MS Royale msstyle resources as your base, cus if you did, I don't think it can be on Neowin.

Sorry guys, I'm new to the forums, but I'm just getting into modding and stuff. I'm just wondering, I hear a lot about MS Royale being banned on neowin, and was wondering what that was about, like was it a rip, or is it violating copyrights? just wondering... :p i sound like a newb :D

edited::

heh, i decided not to be annoying type and did some research myself

Edited by d3monn

thnx erp :D i did some research... and thnx for the welcome, im just starting to use photoshop as well, and some other graphics editing programs.. and im thinking about making my own visual style...so maybe in a bit ill have something to contribute

Edited: Thnx for the welcome too, russellc

Sorry guys, I'm new to the forums, but I'm just getting into modding and stuff. I'm just wondering, I hear a lot about MS Royale being banned on neowin, and was wondering what that was about, like was it a rip, or is it violating copyrights? just wondering... :p i sound like a newb :D

dont worry about it, we were all noobs at one point...its not released officially so if you obtain it in some way, its through illegal means which neowin doesn't support...unless you're part of the whole mce thing...of which you'll only be using it where it came from

EDIT: wow i'm slow...also, welcome to neowin :)

I hope you didn't use the original MS Royale msstyle resources as your base, cus if you did, I don't think it can be on Neowin.

I used the Windows XP Metallic default theme as the base but through the use of layer effects among other techniques I was able to imprint the gloss effect for the silver version.....and in all honesty half my mind says M$ took someones black and white mercury gloss and added blue. I can't see this being a violation of any rules, its not any different than the aqua variations we see.

yes yes, I opened it up in reshacker. You clearly imported Royale resources into luna. If the mods let this go then I apologize and I'll shut up.

BTW, I like it.

post-36-1089345574.jpg