[VS] Imperial

apply this theme then apply the silver defualt theme then post.

If anything it is closer to mercury.....after all royale pretty much looks like a blue mercury. In any case this is the silver version and it is slightly more glossy than royale. After you calculate the differences between blue luna and silver luna then try and merge them with royale with those differences this is pretty much what you get. And hopefully this will serve as a good subsitute for those that don't have Royale.

Also this is my 4th theme but it is the only one I released =) and the sole purpose of this theme was a silver royale and I believe that is what I've accomplished minice a bug or two which I will fix.

Yeah, I was just judging by the screenshot.

EDIT: Typo

yes yes, I opened it up in reshacker. You clearly imported Royale resources into luna. If the mods let this go then I apologize and I'll shut up.

BTW, I like it.

using any other start bar would break the gloss and like I have stated many times this is a silver version of the blue Royale specificly the blue colors and differences between default silver. Would you like me to show the original apple image and compare it to numerous aqua look alikes that use that same image? proves the samething(btw I really do have an Apple OS X sitting right here to the left...bah)

What really sickens me is people like Emily over at http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?sear...nding&library=1 simply used windowblinds editing program and imported the Royale and exported it out with a single button and says she just based it on windows media player 10 o0......yea...right. And not of all of them but lots of the comments are saying she is awsome and got some talent when she did absolutely nothing o0.

My goal was to make a Silver version of Royale and I did simply that.

I downloaded and it did not work, Im sure I put it in the right folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes :o

I do not know why it would not work for you. At first I used microsofts regular zip compression but then I had to use winrar for the updated zip file because I needed the extra 4 kbs of compression to meet the 250kbs max attachment limit since my ftp was acting up(I know a few d/ls can't bring my bandwidth down cuz my host promised me unlimited bandwidth if such a thing existed).

What program are you using to open the file? And does anyone else have this same problem? You did drag the Imperial.theme file and Imperial folder right?

The point I wanted to make is YOU ARE NOT supposed to distribute Royale resources, not even in another theme.

If there is an issue the mods can and will contact me otherwise it will stay.

didn't he say he used default luna resources?

I did for the about 95%. I used silver luna as the base and I imprinted the gloss effect by using a gloss image from royale and made it b&w then by using many different layer effects and some pixels had to be added by hand and lots of rotating and erasing parts here and there.......

what was I supose to do use a different start button and break the glass gloss effect? If it is really an issue I could seriously just do the exact same thing I mentioned above by using a mercury theme for the start button 99.9% dead on with one less step which is making it b&w.

The point I wanted to make is YOU ARE NOT supposed to distribute Royale resources, not even in another theme.

go play doom :rolleyes:

"OH NOES!!11! his theme looks like royale!!1 get him!!!1!!one"

So we're cool with the whole Royale thing now?

well it would seem that way atm lol......

if I knew it was going to create that kind of fuss I would have just left the default silver start button there and be done with it sayin it is 100% free of royale resources......with the exception of about a *dozen that never changed* from the default resources lol.(guess I should take those out to =P remember it has to be free from all and any royale resources j/k)

lol I just read a thread about the black royale and it seems erp is now a big fan of the OldeCrow creator. The thread went into the issue of royale just like here but it wasn't erp that started it strangely enough considering I can just as easily prove some of his resources match regular royale. I haven't read the entire thing but it seems to be concluding since it is a recreation aka black there was nothing wrong with it as in my case =) aka silver. The thought of making it black did cross my mind before finding that thread but the thing is.....it has already been done many times over lol (mmx mercury)(there is light mercury aswell which may very will resemble mine -.-)

I just discovered my taskbar buttons are still incorrect, but I do know how to fix it and I will update it tomorrow with the fixed tabs. I found 2 issues

- My tabs slightly too small anywhere from 1 to 2 pixel oo I guess staying up til 4am doesn't help

- Also I added a small row of pixels next to the grey border causing my tabs to seem like the slightly left off the taskbar both issues will be fixed tomorrow

So you can recolor royale.Wow how original.

Lets hope your next theme is a heck of a lot better then this boring recolored royale/luna whatever you wanna call this thing.

Lets hope your next theme is a heck of a lot better then this boring recolored royale/luna whatever you wanna call this thing.

:yes:

o0 what do some of you people not understand I stated from the beginning of this thread that this was simply a silver conversion of royale nothing less and nothing more yet some of yall are presistent to restate the obvious.

btw Imperial is a synonym of royale(royal, actually there doesn't seem to be a true difinition for royal with an e) incase nobody noticed ;)

heh I think shawn was tryin to tell me this earlier....base my taskbar buttons on the taskbar.....bg. What I should have done from the beginning instead of basing it on how royale taskbar buttons were cuz I added an extra gradient to the taskbar background that royale does not have lol. Well back to the drawing board to fix this issue so the taskbar buttons blend in a whole lot better as soon as I get back from eatin out.

It looks nice... Don't let all the negative comments deter you from the theming world.... :) A lot of the people who give negitive comments have never made a VS... :) Keep at it...