AutoStreamer Released! (v 1.0.29)

AutoPatcher's little brother, AutoStreamer, has gone final :) Although still unknown whether it will carry any neowin.net badges, at its current state, AutoStreamer works as a slipstreamer-only. Basically, all it really needs is a source (that being an original Windows CD or a local share) and a Service Pack file.

Supported Operating Systems:

- Windows 2000 (All versions)

- Windows XP (All versions)

- Windows 2003 (All versions)

Supported Service Pack files:

- Windows 2000: SP3 onwards (meaning you can't select a SP1/SP2 file as a service pack)

- Windows XP: Any

- Windows 2003: Any

Screenshots:

as_01.JPG

as_02.JPG

as_03.JPG

Download:

AutoStreamer

UPDATED - 08/24/04:

Fixes:

- It now detects 5.1.2600.2180 as Windows XP SP2 and not Pre-SP2

- Should work with ALL languages

- Recognizes Windows XP SP1/SP1a/SP2 (Wrong OS Error)

Have fun!

/Raptor

Edited by FlishFun

Ummm sorry, what does it do?..I'm guessing it...downloads the service pack and saves it on a disk or something like that?

Ummm sorry, what does it do?..I'm guessing it...downloads the service pack and saves it on a disk or something like that?

No... let's assume you have this:

your original Windows XP CD

Service Pack 2 (when it comes out!) on your HDD (the distribution file!!!!)

AutoStreamer will slipstream (=integrate) the updated files and create a bootable cd image, ready for you to 'burn'. This way, if you ever have to reinstall windows, it will install using all the updated files :)

You put your XP CD in the drive, download a service pack and it will slipstream it automatically and create a bootable ISO for you, sweet!

Will this accept the FCKGW version of Windows XP Corporate Edition as a source?

Or does it need a legitimate copy of Windows?

As far as i know there's no FCKGW version of Windows XP... That's only a key... Yes, Corporate editions work. However, All-In-One versions don't (as far as I know Microsoft doesn't have such thing)

/Raptor

Thanks so much for you're info. That sounds pretty neat. Altho...It'll probably take only 5-10min to download SP2 if I needed to reinstall...(cable). But still a great idea. I'll probably use it.

Thanks Raptor for all of your help with this. It is awesome. I will be updating my website with an announcement that it is finally released and available for download from my site. I greatly appreciate all the time you have spent creating this for me and our fellow Neowins. I will also add a post to my forum. Thanks again and all I can say is "IT ROCKS!!"

Thanks so much for you're info. That sounds pretty neat. Altho...It'll probably take only 5-10min to download SP2 if I needed to reinstall...(cable). But still a great idea. I'll probably use it.

Still... slipstreamed windows have one big advantage:

If you install windows xp gold today, it will take like 35-40 minutes? Then you will install SP1 (or 2 if you wish)... That will take you about 15 minutes, AND will play around with files (backups etc)

If you install windows xp sp1/sp2, it will take the same 35-40 minutes. Afterwards you won't have to waste more time or disk space...

/Raptor

Doesn't the SP2 have the capability to slipstream already built in? I've been using:

xpSP2.exe -s:F:\WinXPSP1\ . Then I can use nlite to pull out any of the unnecessary stuff and add some of my own files/applications to fill up the cd.

What does this do that the Service Pack doesn't?

superb app, really suefull for those who dont know how to do it. :D EXCELLENT WORK RAPTOR..!!

and the old SP1 slipstream method works too for SP2, but i might as well use this nifty app to make life easier :D

does it burn using windows xp imapi interface?

that would be bad ass!!

i'd remove the 'auto patchers brother' from the title graphic on that main form but otherwise very cool.

What does this do that the Service Pack doesn't?

Allow a total noob who can't read a tutorial or MSDN article to create a slipstreamed CD.

This is awesome Raptor, a worthy download (Y) :)

Now bring on XP SP2 Microsoft :sleep:

Radish?