gPopper Released

Apologies if someone already posted this, I did search & couldn't find it.

Anyways

gPopper is a FREE Gmail utility which acts as POP3/SMTP Gmail server allowing you to use programs such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Thunderbird to send and receive Gmail.

Formerly Pop Goes the GMail (PGtGM), gPopper has continued where PGtGM has left off.

Just about any email client that supports access to POP3 email accounts can be configured to work with gPopper.

NOTE: The .Net framework is required to run gPopper

Main site

Direct Download link

Screenshots

Thanks for posting about this. Cool to hear about it, although I'm kind of cautious when it comes to stuff like this because Google has posted themselves about the interoperability of 3rd-party software and how they want to implement their own solutions (i.e. gMail Notifier) when the time comes. Can't wait for official POP3 from gMail.

Understandably, people are enthused!!

Thanks for posting about this. Cool to hear about it, although I'm kind of cautious when it comes to stuff like this because Google has posted themselves about the interoperability of 3rd-party software and how they want to implement their own solutions (i.e. gMail Notifier) when the time comes. Can't wait for official POP3 from gMail.

Understandably, people are enthused!!

I understand what you're saying, but until google actually do include POP3 support, those of us who want that functionality have no choice but to rely on applications like gPopper to do the job.

Hmm, I'd never had any problems with pgtgm so I gave this a try. The actual app has no problems checking for mail, I can send mail from Outlook Express but receiving is weird. When receiving on the Gmail account, it detects that I have mail, but fails to retrieve it :/

& POPAccept was called

& POPData was called: USER username

& POPData was called: PASS password

& POPData was called: STAT

& UpdateLists was called

& RefreshMessageList was called

& ParseMessageArray was called

& POPData was called: LIST

& POPData was called: UIDL 1

!! POPData caused error: Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.

,Sep 12 2004, 22:24] :huh: didnt you make this?

I made the original application, which was released under GPL. Google changed the login code however, and I didn't have time to fix it, so I let someone else continue the work.

I'm just making sure the coder is following the terms of the GPL license by making source code available.

I made the original application, which was released under GPL. Google changed the login code however, and I didn't have time to fix it, so I let someone else continue the work.

I'm just making sure the coder is following the terms of the GPL license by making source code available.

hey didnt you get a job from google? what do you do??

Where can I download the source code? I can't seem to find a link on the site.

Thanks

He doesn't have a link but he says if you email him he will send you the source. can u compile it for linux or soemthing.

Where can I download the source code? I can't seem to find a link on the site.

Thanks

Taken from the author's forum.

For those of you that would like a copy of the sourcecode, please send an email to imizzydev@gmail.com.  A copy of the sourcecode will be emailed to you within 48 hours.  I will automate this if requests get out of hand.

At the moment this program is very buggy, I hope the dev can find time and courage to work it out and make it as great as PGTGM.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same question. Thanks.

584664140[/snapback]

i want to know too. i have it installed and configured, as of right now, it doesn't look like it does.

also, to set it up with outlook, just use localhost for incoming and outgoing.

& Login was called
& GetCookies was called: #######
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Unable to log in to Google Accounts: empty response document!
Unable to find _sgh GET variable.
Unabled to find JS Gmail engine version.
Initial DataPack document did not contain any data.
Gmail may be having problems or may have changed something.  Try again in a few minutes.

Anyone get this error, gPopper works correctly on one network, but not on the wireless network in the same uni, and not on a corporate network. I run XP SP2 and .Net 1.1 SP. Connecting via thunderbird worked fine when I init set it up, over 60 msg dl. Now I get the above error no matter what proxy/firewall settings I use. Even throughing in authenticated settings. Is it possible that gPopper does not like proxies that require authentication.

Gmail itself and the firefox gmail notifier work perfectly. They even bypass the authentication of the proxy and seem to work direct. But gPopper doesn't.