thing by our community - his journal entry of 31 July, 2005 has

convinced me that he has no such plans.

You are one of only four people who have been chosen to receive this

correspondence. I have always believed you to be a person of high

moral character, and I pass this along to you not in the interest of

causing more chaos, but rather of taking Angelo to task, publicly, for

the political wrangling and self-serving revisionism that has allowed

him to wrest control of deviantART away from Scott Jarkoff and Matthew

Stephens, in whose hands the control of this site truly does belong.

In the interest of promoting truth and knowledge above ignorance and

deceit, I send this to you now. I rest assured in the belief that you

will do with it what you feel is right.

I can offer you no guarantees save one - this email is legitimate. It

has not been edited in any way. This is but one piece of a much

larger paper trail that can be followed directly to one and only one

conclusion - Angelo Sotira is more interested in making deviantART

into his personal cashcow than he ever has been in the community whose

money he is so willing to take.

Sincerely,

A Friend

Full message here: The Truth about the Alien

Please feel free to discuss this. I had not seen this before, but I figure it is definately news worthy.

This is a real mess they have worked themselves into and I am happy that Jark is persuing legal means of regaining control of his creation.

This is a real mess they have worked themselves into and I am happy that Jark is persuing legal means of regaining control of his creation.

586320530[/snapback]

Indeed, Spyed is not looking so good now.

Radish?

wow, i mean just wow. i hope he gets his demands even if he does go to court, but i hope that deviantart doesn't shut it's doors!

edit: i visit deviantart on a sortof regular basis but i'm not a member and had no idea of thise things!

Trix

"weed out the untalented artists" That's a horrible thing to say and goes completely against the objectives of expression and art. Like anything though, when some people see they can line their pockets then that becomes their sole ambition.

oh well?? I couldn't care less what happens to Deviant personally the artwork is good but there servers are so slow sometimes (yer I sound heartless) and all this stuff its all down to money in the end and there hardly benefiting there user base.

Can someone summerize all of that in a few sentences please? That is A LOT to read.

586320586[/snapback]

Basically put, Jark is legally demanding the return of his 45% ownership of the company along with a public apology of incorrect statements put forth by spyed.

One guy is whining because he got fired, so he's using a website community to martyr himself and put pressure on the guys who fired him to either give him his job back or else pay him for work that he claims he hasn't yet been paid for. I'm sick of hearing about this.

Jark was the friggen man, no question about it. When he was running the show things were very smooth, the servers were quick, you could actually search for stuff on DA without paying. All was well. Spyed ruined things and took over the show slowly and silently. I stopped posting things there and I'm contemplating removing all of my stuff from the website except a link to my own personal website. It is appauling to see someone lead a community down this path.

One guy is whining because he got fired, so he's using a website community to martyr himself and put pressure on the guys who fired him to either give him his job back or else pay him for work that he claims he hasn't yet been paid for. I'm sick of hearing about this.

586320619[/snapback]

bro. you didn't read the whole thing, you skimmed it, made assumptions, and made an ass out of yourself. good job.

:spam:

586320619[/snapback]

A "guy" got fired? Have you actually read this? This "guy" is Jark, you know, the createor of Deviant Art. He is the real owner... :rolleyes:

bro. you didn't read the whole thing, you skimmed it, made assumptions, and made an ass out of yourself. good job.
That's code for: I'm lazy and don't have a substantive rebuttal, but I disagree with you so I'm going to make it out like you're self evidently wrong. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.

Anyway, I read the whole thing, and it comes down to the fact that he was fired and that the guys who fired him were evidently in a position to do so. If they really do owe him money then I hope he gets it. The rest is attention ###### fluff.

Wow... thats why deviant art is so crappy now. you should NEVER have to pay to search a site and never have to put up with such slow crap that deviant art has become. Oh well... hopefuly things get resolved.

586320619[/snapback]

order of succession:

1)READ

2)THINK

3)REPLY WITH INTELLIGENCE AND WITHOUT ASSUMPTION

--anyways--

this is good to see that he's doing something about it.. kinda sad to see devart get to the point at which it is.. hopefully the lawsuit succeeds!!

90% of DeviantArt content is crap anyways. So personally I would not care if it goes, despite me having an acount. There're better places on the web than DA.. all in all DA is overhyped.

Can someone go into more detail into what all this is about. I am seeing posts about DA all over the customizing scene the past few weeks, what all is going on?