MSN Plus Working with WLM!

Hey guys, I was experimenting with MSN plus and the new build of WLM today and I found out that MSN plus (version 3.61.145 and lower) is compatible with WLM but there are certain requirements.

1. MSN Plus version 3.61 and lower will work with the 0562 build of WLM

2. Unfortunately you have to be a beta tester to download the new 0562 build

But after you install it, there are certain features that do not work on MSN plus. This includes:

Tabbed Contacts

Desktop Contacts

Custom Sounds

Version check

Pinging

Any text commands

Name color codes

Extension of Maximum word limit

Stuffplug

I will add more to this list

The rest of the features such as boss protection and msn lock are still working.

Unfortunately though, I guess this means the WLM dev. team have stopped working on a new engine, and are just re-using the old MSN Messenger engine.

Manson_AAN

Edited by Manson_AAN

nice, I like the new GUI of the beta but without plus it's useless to me. I was wondering if you'd be able to test plugins and see if they work like Stuffplugin etc.

Can you still hear custom sounds that people send you?

Can you still right click on a contact in the contact window and copy their email address?

Can you press ( and have the emoticon panel come up?

well basically all that works is transperancy, boss protection and messenger lock and a few more options..

so basically all plus options to do with the main window and the whole application in general work probably, but any options in the conversation windows don't work at all..

[they probably updated the convo windows engine but used the old main window im guessing]

but yeh, i guess if you use stuffplug [and any other plugins] then any options made for the main window should work, but probably not for the convo windows..

greg, I don't think the custom sounds work, nor do anything that is related to a text command. As for the right clicking, you WLM has an edit contact feature where u can access the e-mail address.

interesting...but should i down grade to that version?

Download Msgplus 3.61 here: http://download.msgplus.net/files/MsgPlus-361.exe

I was about to request that link

Thanks, I will check what is compatible

EDIT: Damn it still say 3.62 in the Installer even after uninstall MSN+ 3.62 ...

Edited by NI3NOR

I'm surprised to hear it partially work, if I were you I would use caution (and uninstall it if Messenger starts acting funny). For those of you who wonder about old/new engine, the oposite happened. This new build of Messenger uses many new techniques/files which actually completely broke my current alpha version of Plus! 4.

So rest assured that Messenger is evolving, and quite a lot (the new beta requires at least XP SP1 though).

Note: version 3.62 was modified to not even try to load in Messenger 8 to avoid problems.