NintendoDS Press Conference Announcements

Nintendo is having a DS press conference in Japan right now revealing new stuff:

Summary:

- Opera Web Browser Add-on (NintendoDS Advanced)

- DigitalTV Add-on (via Wanseg has also been confirmed. It will use the 1-seg system)

- New Super Mario Bros.: May release in Japan (4800 yen = $40 USD*)

- Kanji Easy-to-find Dictionary

- Calligraphy Training DS

- Cooking game

- Tetris [DS] (Nintendo.com (New Movies)) (3800 yen = $32 USD*)

- Winning Eleven (Wi-Fi Enabled) announced

- Super Robot Wars announced

- Dynasty Warriors announced

- Children of Mana video shown

- Xenosaga video shown

- Shipments for the NintendoDS Lite first two weeks are expected to be 500,000 and 1 million in total for March in Japan

*Rough conversion rates that never hold due to other factors.

Edited by jmole

That is a mock-up image of what they think it would look like.

*Edit: @Real Image, nice! It doesn't look bad at all compared to the mock up that looked like something from the 70's.

Edited by jmole

That is a mock-up image of what they think it would look like.

It looks like it is large for the batteries maybe? It would be so cool to be able to watch different stations on the upper/lower display.

still the psp looks nice for games like popolo crois

picture34ef.png

are there any good rpgs for ds? I tried a gbmicro and zelda minish cap and sold both on ebay.

are there any good rpgs for ds? I tried a gbmicro and zelda minish cap and sold both on ebay.

Well the one I am most looking out for, which is Children of Mana that is supposedly coming out later this year.

ds_scr39.jpg

And Contact (Killer 7 Creator):

contact1.jpg

contact2.jpg

Other RPGs on DS either out or coming out eventually:

- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

- Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal

- Pokemon Diamond

- Pokemon: Fushigi no Dungeon Blue

- Final Fantasy III

- LostMagic

- Lunar: Dragon Song

- Tales of the Tempest

- Pokemon Pearl

- Western Lords

- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

- Xenosaga I & II

- Pokemon Rangers

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy

Edited by jmole

I hope we get the Fullmetal game over here. The Mana, Xenosaga, and Final Fantasies are givens but I'd like a FMA game.

Way happy with my DS though, advance wars and mario kart rock.

^LOL. Those are OOOOOOLD screens!!

Haven't gamed in a while. Last game I really played was killer instinct gold on 64. or tony hawk on gcn. I thinking that a handheld would be nice when cpu usage is at 100%. *looks into*

Haven't gamed in a while. Last game I really played was killer instinct gold on 64. or tony hawk on gcn. I thinking that a handheld would be nice when cpu usage is at 100%. *looks into*

Yeah, I hadn't gamed since the PS1 before I got my DS, other than Xbox and stuff at friends, so I know what you mean. I'm LOVING my DS though. Haven't had this much fun gaming since the SNES. Those screens are like from an alpha of Mario Kart though :p .

They just posted a screen of Opera for DS :woot:

Edit: Opera press release

And another (small) screenshot

post-20838-1139990070.jpg

post-20838-1139990495.jpg

Edited by Ji@nBing

that's neat. my palm tx is 480x320 = 153,600 pixels. the ds is 256x192x2 = 196,608. psp is 480x272 = 130,560 pixels. psp<tx<ds. Maybe I'll sell my palm and move to a psp/ds if they have an organizer *researches* It'd be nice to play a game while waiting for a teacher to show up for class.

I really didn't think the webbrowser was to be delivered by Opera. I thought it would be an innhouse or anohter 3rd party developer. I think it's awesome that they chose Opera, love their browser!

I hope New Super Mario Bros gets a releasedate before summer in Europe aswel

This is awesome :) ...at first I didn't think much of the DS, I was more interested in the PSP :blush: ...but when I found out about how it's battery life isn't that good and well most of it's games suck...I've been checking out the DS, while the PSP does has the very nice widescreen display and better graphics...but with the announcement of the DS Lite (and all the other goodies) and all these damn good games on it, I'm sold :) soon as the DS Lite is (hopefully) released in Au I'm getting one :) I just gotta hand it to Nintendo they sure know how to make a handheld rock :yes:

Today, Nintendo announced the inclusion of a web browser for its portable powerhouse, the DS. Naturally, if the DS is getting web surfing capability, wouldn't the Revolution also see some of that action? According to Nintendo Gal, who thought to phone NOA to get the official word. According to the voice on the other line, "Revolution owners will have the option to purchase that functionality."

It seems fitting, but no concrete details have yet to be announced. We are hesitant to call this a confirmation, as the information came from a phone operator and not a higher-up (Shiggy, Iwata, or Reggie). With GDC and E3 coming up, though, that all could soon change.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/15/surfing-...our-revolution/

http://www.nintendogal.com/index.php?/arch...eb-Surfing.html

Its pretty sweet that the DS can go online and surf the net now.....but it stinks that i have to buy an accessory to use it. I wish i could just download opera on to my DS and use it off there.

Amazing! so much news all at once!! Browser would be incredibly useful if you need some quick info if you're on the run, especially downtown :D I wonder how the TV tuner works though :huh:

Opera on the DS.... mmmmm. yummy :D

Now all we need is a bigger screen (a la PSP).

It doesn't need it, the web is already more usable than it is on PSP with the way they've set it up. And there are actually more pixels on DS between the two screens as opposed to PSP's one.