Vista Box Art Wallpaper

After hearing the news of the new cool box art for Vista and Office, I thought I had to have a go at turning them in to wallpaper.. so I did. :) The Ultimate box is just too neat not to be.

Edited ? Final Full Packb>

Thanks to everyone for their support and requests while I made this, Neowin rocks!

Details are as follows, all variations are available in all sizes: With Box, without box and plain without box or logo.

Sizes available are the largest I could pretty much do without waiting ten minutes for Photoshop to render the Save to Web PNG's.

As before, I recommend Paint.net if you need to scale down the size without loss of quality to your own desktop size.

Sorry if your size isn't supported, but I won't make any more versions of these, just size as best you can and crop the rest.

Thanks again!

Edited by Nidonocu

Those are some REALLY NICE wallpapers.

Would be sooo much better if you made the same ones MINUS the box.

Can you make me a version of the Ultimate without the box?

Please? :)

Nice work, I'm using one. And I don't use Wallpaper images very often. And I like the box being there. Thanks!

SShhhh. we Want him to take the boxes out of the wallpapers ;)

Minus the box? You people are crazy! I'll see what I can do. :) Do you still want the logo? The left side will be a bit bare without something there.

I suggest you make a 3rd style wallpaper without the logo "Windows Vista Ultimate" (for example). Then create square versions for all 3 versions of the wallpaper, for people using resolutions like 1280x1024 for example. Then zip them all together into a folder and you'll have one of the best wallpaper packages i've seen.

i dont know why this guy has said that those pics are in widescreen, cos they aint

Look

Edited by windows tester

i dont know why this guy has said that those pics are in widescreen, cos they aint

Look

:blink:

Yes they are. If you can't see that they're widescreen you might need some glasses...

Look

These are 16:10 widescreen, not 16:9. There are two ratios of widescreen, just like the two ratios of standard. Confusing I know 16:9 version coming shortly.

I suggest you make a 3rd style wallpaper without the logo "Windows Vista Ultimate" (for example). Then create square versions for all 3 versions of the wallpaper, for people using resolutions like 1280x1024 for example. Then zip them all together into a folder and you'll have one of the best wallpaper packages i've seen.

Its a good job I've got nothing better to do hmm? :blink:

I'll see what I can do ;)

And.. I just checked, I can blow it up to 1920 x 1200 without any noticible loss of quality, I'll include a version. :)

i know this may just sound like nitpicking but the home basic wallpaper (any version) shouldn't have the white aurora bands in the background. Home basic doesn't feature desktop aurora, and the box hints at that. ;)

Either way the wallpapers are very nice so far.

i know this may just sound like nitpicking but the home basic wallpaper (any version) shouldn't have the white aurora bands in the background. Home basic doesn't feature desktop aurora, and the box hints at that. ;)

Either way the wallpapers are very nice so far.

Actually you can sorta see one little bit of the aurora left, but most of it is blotted out. :)

All three editions of the widescreen versions are now done, starting work on the standard screen ones.

This walls should be used in Windows as default walls

This walls should be used in Windows as default walls. I mean you should email microsoft and get them to be vista default walls

http://www.nidonocu.com/vista_wallpaper/Wi..._widescreen.png

Not working. and maxsquared: Its not easy to get any wall paper to be default in Vista. Thats not how it works. If they needed wall papers for Vista, they would have a competition, not just pick some random person to get walpapers from.

Ok. Finally loaded. Can you make it for 1280x1024 Resolution :)