VistaGlazz 0.1 (beta)

VistaGlazz 1.0

Team CodeGazer is proud to announce the release version of VistaGlazz.

With VistaGlazz you can patch your Vista system files and modify your Aero msstyle to be transparent on maximized windows.

This product is for Vista RTM versions only (supporting Aero).

Administrator rights are a must, rights will be elevated in UAC.

Screenshots (of the beta, UI is still pretty much the same)

Menu

2005246964070567056_th.jpg

Patch system

2005246944732671394_th.jpg

Patch style

2005219306463097769_th.jpg

Download

Installer: VistaGlazzSetup.exe

Stand-alone: VistaGlazz.exe (save to disk before you run it)

Let us know what you like, what you dislike and any problems you run into.

You can post m here or on our forum.

Enjoy!

--------

Version: 0.1.1 - Fix 64bit detection (hope so)

Version: 0.1.2 - Fix reboot functionality

Version: 0.1.3 - Fix 64bit / "Patch anyway" / Logo

Version: 1.0.0 - Release version

Edited by Zyphrax

Thank you Zyphrax

Has anyone tried this yet??

And more importantly for me on an x64 Vista??

:)

You can safely start the program :), it doesnt patch the system right away. To patch the system you have to click on a patch button, before that the program checks your system state.

I'll give it a whirl - I was hoping someone could do something about this - I would prefer the title bar to be glass even when maximized.

It's saying my files are corrupt and requires a reboot.

When I click patch anyway then reboot nothing happens, so I restarted maually tried again and it said the same thing.

Thats from clicking on the left icon on the menu of the stand-alone.

Thats as far as I got as didn't want to mess up

It's saying my files are corrupt and requires a reboot.

When I click patch anyway then reboot nothing happens, so I restarted maually tried again and it said the same thing.

When you start the application look at the right side of the logo. Does it say running in 32bit version or 64bit version?

Have you ever manually patched your system files or are the files original RTM files?

Thank you for testing

It says 32bit version??

Why is that as it's x64 ultimate?

This is what happend in your case:

1. VistaGlazz detects 32bit

2. It looks at the system files' hashes

3. System files' hashes dont match the expected hashes

4. VistaGlazz notifies the user: status corrupt

I guess the 32bit/64bit detection code is a bit off there :)

As I've said I havent been able to test the 64bit fully yet. I'll try to fix the detection system as soon as I can.

Does this make the taskbar permantely transparent as well?

Yes, the taskbar transparency is linked to the transparency of the titlebar

Holy Crap it worked!! :D

Although I don't actually like the desired effect, but it got my files patched :o :D

Great! :)

You don't have to patch your Aero file if you don't want to, you can just use the program to patch your system files and download any Vista style you like.

I've updated the standalone and setup to version 0.1.1, with a new 64bit detection system. I hope this one works ok, any 64bitters feel like giving it a spin? VistaGlazz should say at the right of your logo: Your system is running in 64bit mode.

After running it as Administrator it patched ok. The reboot button didn't work so I manually rebooted.

Once installed it appears to be working perfectly. Thanks!

After running it as Administrator it patched ok. The reboot button didn't work so I manually rebooted.

Once installed it appears to be working perfectly. Thanks!

Fixed reboot in last version. Thnx!

Could someone try it for me on a 64bit machine?

Can you make it so you can choose to only patch a visual style and not the system files? Also, can you have it so you can choose which style to patch? For example, I downloaded the AeroClear Glass visual style, but it has a black taskbar and black toolbar windows when maximized, and I really wanna patch those so they'll match the transparency of the rest of the theme.

If not, does anyone know how to go about patching the theme manually? Thanx

Got a question...

So is it an option to either patch your system or the style? If so, does it work exactly the same either way?

Can you make it so you can choose to only patch a visual style and not the system files?
So is it an option to either patch your system or the style? If so, does it work exactly the same either way?

The program has two options:

- Patch the system files (UxTheme, ThemeUI and Shsvcs)

- Patch the aero style

The application will warn you if you patch the aero style without patching your system. Because patching the aero style on an unpatched system, will result in Vista jumping back to Windows Classic look.

For example, I downloaded the AeroClear Glass visual style, but it has a black taskbar and black toolbar windows when maximized, and I really wanna patch those so they'll match the transparency of the rest of the theme.

This is not yet supported in this version of the application, maybe in future versions.

You might be able to fool VistaGlazz :):

- Backup C:\windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\aero.msstyles

- Copy your AeroClear msstyles file to C:\windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\aero.msstyles (pretending it to be the real Aero file)

- Start VistaGlazz, VistaGlazz will report your Aero msstyle as corrupt (because of the hash check)

- Hit the Patch anyway button

If you're lucky you'll have a glassed AeroClear msstyles.

Edit:

I've checked the code, and in the current version this trick won't work.

There seems to be a small issue with "Patch anyway", i'll fix that tonight (it's 9:43 here).

If I have some spare time, i'll try to add the more specific patching functionality through commandline parameters.

any screenzzz lol

You can find screenshots in the opening post.

Edited by Zyphrax