Train kills man trying to kill girlfriend

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-me...=la-home-center

A man tried to kill his girlfriend today by parking their car in front of an approaching Metrolink train in Pacoima, police said, and the resulting collision left him dead and the woman in extremely critical condition.

Los Angeles Police Sgt. Lee Sands said the incident began just after noon when witnesses noticed a man and woman arguing in a car waiting for a Metrolink train to go by at the intersection of San Fernando Road and Branford Street.

The man, who was driving, then pulled ahead of two cars in front of him and past the guardrail, parking the vehicle on the track, Sands said.

As the Metrolink train was coming at them at a high rate of speed, the man jumped out of the car, witnesses said. The train ? filled with passengers headed toward Lancaster ? plowed into the car, hurling it into the man as he tried to run away.

Good. One less moron in the world. I hope is girlfriend pulls through.

<snipped>

Actually, one of the most common forms of suicide in Japan is jumping in front of bullet trains, because they move so fast. Of course this case was unintentional suicide.....

Edited by Fred Derf

<snipped>

<snipped>

As for the story, that's gotta be the epitome of irony right there, and it's highly amusing. I do really hope the woman pulls through.

-Spenser

Edited by Fred Derf

<snipped>

in Toronto, one of the most common ways ppl try to kill themselves, is jumping from platforms onto the tracks in front of the slowing down Subway trains, at least ONCE a week, there will be a "medical emergancy" at one station or another. It's never on the news, but it happens weekly.

Edited by Fred Derf

What a shame.

/sarcasm

I really hope the woman pulls through.

He gets what he deserves.

So true. (Y)

Hope she pulls through, what a moron (the guy). If you want to take yourself out that's cool but don't affect other people, that train driver's going to have to live knowing that he killed someone.

Guys, try to keep in mind that his life, however twisted his mind was, is no less valuable a loss. He still deserves to be mourned. I mean, what horrible things happened in his life that would lead to such a mean, selfish act? Most people aren't born evil. personally, i hope that the man finds some peace in death that he obviously never found in life. I also pray for the woman of course, but being a christian, i believe our creator never givese us more than we can handle, so she'll be ok.... whether she lives or dies, she'll be ok.

Guys, try to keep in mind that his life, however twisted his mind was, is no less valuable a loss. He still deserves to be mourned. I mean, what horrible things happened in his life that would lead to such a mean, selfish act? Most people aren't born evil. personally, i hope that the man finds some peace in death that he obviously never found in life. I also pray for the woman of course, but being a christian, i believe our creator never givese us more than we can handle, so she'll be ok.... whether she lives or dies, she'll be ok.

No.

Hope she makes it.

Man I hope she survives.

Him? good, we don't need people like that messing up our planet, it's more room for somebody worthwhile.

Edit: doh!

Edited by The_Decryptor

Man I hope he survives.

Him? good, we don't need people like that messing up our planet, it's more room for somebody worthwhile.

He died but the woman is still alive, albeit in a critical condition..

Um, doesn't Christianity state that if you try to take your own life and/or someone elses you automatically go to Hell?

ispamforfood I can't really agree with you on that. The guy was a selfish ###### and deserved all he had coming to him. However what we don't know is why he did it; the woman could of provoked him to such atrocious actions via her own nasty habits, but w/o knowing the full truth it's difficult to pass complete judgement.

He got killed when the train hit the car, and the car *hit* him (he was outside trying to get away) due to the impact of the train.

you want to take yourself out that's cool but don't affect other people
regardless of what one has done in this world, they will still be mourned by SOMEBODY no matter how evil. So that'd be kind of hard to not affect someone

Well it's quite obvious he was given more than he could handle, regardless of whether God exists/had anything to do with it.

This man was an idiot, but even had he survived and killed her I wouldn't want to take his life. It's not for us to judge. I hope she pulls through but I think it's naive to assume she is totally innocent in this.