Post your Samurize script

Ok,

I see a lot of screenshots here, with some great samurize scripts, but nobody ever posts the

actual scripts....as a non-coder myself, I'd love to have a few.

So why not have a thread where ppl post their scripts as well as screenshots of it?

Im sure lots of ppl (myself included) would be very grateful. :cool:

Tartan

Tartan: Do you mean scripts or configs? Scripts are the "addons" (eg: weather); configs are how you customized Samurize. I assume you mean configs...

GambitADSL: You might want to try removing your email password from your config before posting it ;). Even though it uses 256 bit Blowfish for password encryption *, there's still a (very) small chance of someone cracking it.

Everyone else: Remove your password from your config before posting it.

Edited by hurting101

Here's mine: Unfortunately I haven't fixed the weather errors yet.

I've fixed some of them so that the main indicators now work. I've attached the script (I hope).

Remember to install the font, and remember to add the writefile function to your list of graphs to make sure it updates.

ExtendedWeather1.4.zip

Yup,

Thanx for the pointer. Yes I meant both, so everyonecan enjoy ppl's hard work :blush:

And of course like hurting101 said, remember and remove any passwords too.

Thanx guys

Tartan

Hmm weird, am using your script judge, and it works great except with the weather part it only seems to pick up the "conditions" and "as of" correctly... looking at the vbs file and weather.tmp, i can't see why the image would be displaying what looks like rain, when it should be displaying snow. Also the "temperature" and "feels like" are coming up as N/A which from my understanding of the script, should only happen if it can't find the city thats been entered. If you want to try for yourself, i have "london, england" in there.

Any ideas?

Cheers for the nice config Judge.

p.s. that version of your extended weather has a "Temperaure" in the script which was giving some problems.

Here's another version that has some fixes for the symbols (plus it has some functions to retrieve today's forecast data). It sounds like the HTML returned for London is slightly different than it is here in Groton, MA. I'll try and take a look.

ExtendedWeather.zip

Cheers judge, couldn't see any differences on the weather.com pages myself but it must have something to do with it.

btw, any idea if there is a way to exclude a process from the cpu usage bar, like you can do with coolmon? It's just its not very useful when you have UD or Seti or something using up all the spare cycles..

hmm just realised mine still says temperature and feels like are N/A even when i leave the script as you posted it?

Is it showing the temp properly on your pc judge?

hmm just realised mine still says temperature and feels like are N/A even when i leave the script as you posted it?

Is it showing the temp properly on your pc judge?

Yep. Even when I change the location to london, england.

Edited by judge

Some great configs here ... Pity I just dont understan the editor tho, seem to be able to do some kewl stuff with it :(

was using judge's weather script for past couple of days and was working fine

yet now neither his script or one on samurize.com works

anyone have any ideas?

I posted an update yesterday in this forum. Just read back a little. The guys at weather.com have got too much time on their hands.

Heh you got that right.. btw the script is working fine on my home pc, temps and everything now.. just here at work the temps show up as N/A, i think it must be something to do with our firewall. Weird that the image, conditions and as of seems to work though.

Cheers Judge

ah much thanks judge

didnt realize you had posted an update

now i can go back to checking weather by looking at desktop rather than getting up and looking out the window :D