Opera v9.24

Release Notes

This release is a recommended security upgrade. See the Security section for additional information.

Changes Since Opera 9.23

Security

Fixed an issue where external news readers and e-mail clients could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Michael A. Puls II. See our advisory.

Fixed an issue where scripts could overwrite functions on pages from other domains. See the advisory. Issue reported to Opera by David Bloom.

Download: Classic Setup | English Setup

Download: International Setup

Download: Other Versions

hmm I should use this one waiting Opera fix the bookmark bug

Then Check out the new alpha....and the one after thal will be a BETA

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2007/...9-5-beta-coming

Windows

Classic

Mac

Unix

Thursday next week (25 Oct), Opera 9.5 beta will be released. The release will be celebrated at the Rock Opera party in San Francisco. The party will feature live performances of the bands The 88 and The

Binges, and a couple of other exciting things will be announced there.

Of course, you are all invited. Just answer the questions in the quiz and get your invitation. If you join the party, don't forget to bring your mobile phone, you might want to have it there. And don't worry no one from the Desktop Team is going to sing . I you can't make it to California, just join the online celebrations!

New snapshot build

To warm up for the party, here's a new snapshot build. Happy bug hunting, don't forget to join the party and check out this blog for more news!

Changes and fixes

• Rewritten backend for bookmark synchronization. Fixes several bugs
  • Cosmetic changes in synchronization user interface, new icon
  • Reloading widgets broken
  • Smilies in chat/mail now works again
  • Fixed leak in search engine
  • Fixed printing crash
  • Fixed a margin collapsing regression
  • Fixed dead bookmarks bug and crash when clicking on bookmarks in personbar
  • Fixed bug where Redirected e-mails displayed incorrectly in Sent view
  • Fixed crash when importing default browser bookmarks on first run
  • Fixed crashes when Image with svg source is a sibling of a float
  • Fixed several layout issues
  • Several stability fixes added

Known issues

• Framesets don't work. Gives blank page on Gmail and other sites
  • Filters in M2 don't work
  • Widgets don't work after restarting Opera

Edited by Rapier

hmm I should use this one waiting Opera fix the bookmark bug

This isnt an upgrade for the alpha builds. It's to be installed over 9.23 not 9.5. New alpha is out as well, although Gmail is not working in that one. :)

This is the first time I've used Opera since V8, and I must say I am impressed. The Speed Dial is one of the few actually innovative features in a browser I have seen in quite some time. The home page is almost always useless as I usually go to different places when I start my browser, but this is very nice. Speed Dial makes so much sense, I'm surprised no one thought of it before.

Yeah, I thought I'd try Opera again this time around. Very fast, I love it. However, due to the lack of extensions I need, I can't exactly make this my default browser just quite yet. Thumbs up though. (Y)

The Speed Dial is one of the few actually innovative features in a browser I have seen in quite some time.

And the idea has been copied to Maxthon and Firefox plug-ins :)