Solidworks 2009 problem on Windows 7 Beta1

Mate;

I have installed Solidworks 2009 to Windows 7, but I can't run it.

When I double click to Solidworks icon on the desktop, nothing happens...

Any advises?

Edited by Anatolian

The tool should be located in your %windir%\system32. It was first shipped with windows vista but I am not sure if it comes with windows 7. I will look when I boot back into windows 7.

The tool should be located in your %windir%\system32. It was first shipped with windows vista but I am not sure if it comes with windows 7. I will look when I boot back into windows 7.

There is no sxtrace.exe over there:(

I think I have to turn back to Vista..

Thanks for your attention...

Try this ---- Uninstall and clean any leftovers. Make a folder in Public folder and install it into that folder.

I have tried but it didn't work...

Edited by Anatolian

hey guys..ok i have the same problem as you guys..installed solidworks 2009 and it doesnt work..i installed some COSMOS apps too..i did find sxstrace in windows7..jus used the search box in the start menu, and then i ran it in command prompt..does anyone know wht to do?i'll paste the image i got.how can we use sxstrace to make it work?

post-278410-1232098163_thumb.png

Hi!

I think that the problem here is that somehow Visual C++ redistributable package did not install correctly, or the version that got installed is not right :)

The same error happened to me with one of my own C++ programs on Win7, and after I've installed the correct package (vcredist 2005 sp1) everything worked ok! Try installing the correct redist version (or install all of them :D) and it should work.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i installed visual studio 2005, VS2005 SP1 and VS2005 Vista SP1, and then re-tried Solidoworks 2009, and it works!!!! try and it see guys.. I use VS so its wont matter to me, so maybe the VS2005 redistributable will be adequate for you guys..

hope it works!!

Yeah dude, I know it should work :D

But you do not need to install all of the VS, just the right version of VC redistributable package. Vcredist installation seems to fail somehow when called from other installer process or msi process :laugh:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi!

I think that the problem here is that somehow Visual C++ redistributable package did not install correctly, or the version that got installed is not right :)

The same error happened to me with one of my own C++ programs on Win7, and after I've installed the correct package (vcredist 2005 sp1) everything worked ok! Try installing the correct redist version (or install all of them :D) and it should work.

This nailed it! Many thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
This nailed it! Many thanks!!!

An update to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (VCRedist.exe) is available. The Visual C++ Redistributable Package is included in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. This update adds support for side-by-side deployment of the Visual C++ runtime.

By using side-by-side deployment, you can install multiple versions of the Visual C++ runtime on one computer. Therefore, you can test and run Visual C++ applications in multiple configurations.

VC Redist x64 2005 SP1

VC Redist x64 2008 SP1