Windows 7 build 7100 done

Sukonka, the one who leaked Windows 7 build 7068, recently posted this line of RC branch builds.

7081.0.winmain_win7rc.090409-1900

7082.0.winmain_win7rc.090410-1901

7083.0.winmain_win7rc.090413-1900

7084.0.winmain_win7rc.090414-1900

7085.0.winmain_win7rc.090415-1900

7086.0.winmain_win7rc.090416-1900

7087.0.winmain_win7rc.090417-1900

7088.0.winmain_win7rc.090419-1500

7100.0.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700

It seems like we're finally at the end of the line here, with the expected build jump having happened, and the Windows 7 RC is done as of yesterday.

I've seen no other news on this yet.

FWIW, the latest main branch build that I've seen is 7115.0.winmain.090421-1650

Edited by Jugalator

The compilation date matches perfectly in line with the previous reports that OEMs would be getting RC yesterday. The question now is when Technet/MSDN subscribers can start downloading.

more than likely that what most people look for when they see these threads. "zomg i can has free downloads somwherez?" hehe

Well that is what we are hoping. But this is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully it will get posted on Connect so us tech beta testers will actually get something before the public does, like its supposed to be. I have never understood Sinofsky's reasoning behind "it takes to long to prepare a build" for beta testers so we just won't give them anything. During the Vista beta we got tons of builds, I can understand how THAT would of wasted alot of time that could of been used to fix bugs but not giving us at least one official private build is just rediculous. I mean obviously MS is probably the one behind all these leaks but if they already have all these builds to give out why not give them out officially. CTPs don't have to be thoroughly tested and thats what these leaks are basically.

Sorry if Im sounding like a broken record. Im sure plenty of people have already asked this question.

The compilation date matches perfectly in line with the previous reports that OEMs would be getting RC yesterday. The question now is when Technet/MSDN subscribers can start downloading.

Yes, after I posted that thing I remembered what was posted about OEM's the other day. :p So we really saw this coming already. But yeah, I guess one can see it as a confirmation in numbers. I can't really imagine a high profile release like this taking long to leak either, and I hope it won't take long for us to get it on MSDN.

Opps wrong thread

Wrong thread?

Good to see Windows 7 coming along nicely, hope to see the final RTM build sometime soon!

Feel like an idiot testing Windows 7 for Microsoft, why did they even select us testers when they just wanted to give us one beta build ? i mean come on Microsoft, why the harsh treatment, the least they can do is to release the RC build to us testers first.

I mean obviously MS is probably the one behind all these leaks

Yes... obviously...

Wrong thread?

Good to see Windows 7 coming along nicely, hope to see the final RTM build sometime soon!

Um yea, if you do require further explanation... I had 2 thread windows open, and was posting a reply, and did it in the.. wrong thread...

Microsoft is probably the one behind all these leaks. It makes testing and finding bugs so much easier when you have thousands, if not millions of bug testers doing your job for you

you know honestly i dont see why Microsoft just dont come out and say well we wont leak any but if we do go ahead run them and help us squash any bugs that effects your day to day life in the builds. i think would help qualify Microsoft to get windows 7 out the door sooner then what they probably was thinking of doing even if it is only 1 month sooner or 3 weeks sooner that be a help.

Microsoft is probably the one behind all these leaks. It makes testing and finding bugs so much easier when you have thousands, if not millions of bug testers doing your job for you

Yes, there's a good chance for that.

Anyway, I'm sure the RC will come our way soon enough. However, I'm more interested in Build 7115 ;)

Yes, there's a good chance for that.

Anyway, I'm sure the RC will come our way soon enough. However, I'm more interested in Build 7115 ;)

More interest in an unofficial leaked build over the official RC? Okay then. :blink:

More interest in an unofficial leaked build over the official RC? Okay then. :blink:

Keep in mind that the code for 7100 is already outdated. The latest internal build is likely even more stable and could have a few more minor last minute improvements.

cuz the leaked build is the same as the "oficial" RC. So why the wait? ;)