Windows 7 Replacement Tray Icons

Ok so after seeing the utorrent icon that mail shared. I want all my tray icons to match that white look. So here is a thread to share/create all white icons to match Windows 7 tray..

Keep in mind some icons are embedded in the programs themselves and can not be changed, but some can and some of you may know a workaround to change others.

So share them here.

Not trying to hijack - just sharing the ico I use.

capture.png

http://localhostr.com/files/3e7a4f/tray.ico

Place in %APPDATA%\uTorrent

The steam icon is pretty much already black and white, so thats good.

I think it'd look better inverted. I hope program devs make white icons for 7. It would look more consistent. Then again in the flyout it wouldn't look so good.

Unless the application has some verification of it's own exe-file and it's not compressed you can often just use ResHacker or similar to replace the original icon with your own.

I use this one:

ut-2.jpg

It is smaller in the tray :)

Nice! I like it!

Still amazed at the fact that white tray icons might become the "in" thing now. :laugh:

I think it'd look better inverted. I hope program devs make white icons for 7. It would look more consistent. Then again in the flyout it wouldn't look so good.

(Y) I think the steam icon would look great if it was just the white gear, or inverted, and honestly I think JUST the white gear would look best.

Tweetdeck needs a white bird icon or something along with removing the red from the umbrella in avira antivir

I wish I knew how to begin, I would start doing them myself.

I was bored, so I made a quick mock-up of a 7-styled system tray icon for Steam. The original is there for comparison. It's so-so, but for a 5 minute job, not awful. Should at least give an idea of what a white icon would look like.

post-24828-1241309407.jpg

Ok so after seeing the utorrent icon that mail shared. I want all my tray icons to match that white look. So here is a thread to share/create all white icons to match Windows 7 tray.

It would make much more sense the other way round, replacing those ugly, primitive white taskbar icons :x

Sorry about being off topic but how does everyone get that EN button on the taskbar?

That's the Language toolbar, where you select the input language. It only appears if you have more than one input language.

It would make much more sense the other way round, replacing those ugly, primitive white taskbar icons :x

I like them... :( . Clean, out of the way, only colored when something's wrong, or changed.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Digsby icon? It looks like a blob...

I like them... :( . Clean, out of the way, only colored when something's wrong, or changed.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Digsby icon? It looks like a blob...

I use the win7 Digsby skin http://tr.im/kl3H .. changes the tray icon to a white star also ... looks good

I agree with Lord Ba'al, I find it pretty weird that people would rather try to change every other program's icon to a colourless one instead of changing the 2-4 Windows icons which now look worse imo.

I suppose I've gotten used to them, but what was the reasoning behind them? I'd say that white is the most neutral and visible colour now that the taskbar is fully transparent.

I agree with Lord Ba'al, I find it pretty weird that people would rather try to change every other program's icon to a colourless one instead of changing the 2-4 Windows icons which now look worse imo.

I suppose I've gotten used to them, but what was the reasoning behind them? I'd say that white is the most neutral and visible colour now that the taskbar is fully transparent.

Each to his own.

Still amazed at the fact that white tray icons might become the "in" thing now. :laugh:

I agree, I think the white icons look like crap. :(

I assume it's to maintain consistency between each of the 4 native tray icons. They are all white and in the same style and because they are the only 4 many of us will have showing at all times in the tray then it makes sense to make them consistent. They also go with the clock, haha.

I hope software development companies start to produce icons for the tray which are consistent with these Windows tray icons, for people who like to have other icons showing down there.

I much prefer the neutral white tray icons in Windows 7 to the 70's disco light show you end up with in XP/Vista.

I use the win7 Digsby skin http://tr.im/kl3H .. changes the tray icon to a white star also ... looks good

(Y) Love the star, and white mail icon for checking your email. Here is a pic

digs.jpg

I much prefer the neutral white tray icons in Windows 7 to the 70's disco light show you end up with in XP/Vista.

(Y) +1 consistency is what its all about. Windows made the 7 icons white. So lets make everything else match that. I am about things match and looking consistent not about them looking like..well as Lannister said a disco.