iPhone 3.0 Firmware ready to be Unlocked and Jailbroken around release

As anyone reading this blog must already know, this is the big week where Apple releases their official 3.0 FW to the public (Wednesday), and then the new iPhone2,1 hardware, aka the iPhone 3GS (Friday).

On Tuesday evening (just before the big Apple release) we'll do a live demo of the yellowsn0w carrier unlock working on official 3.0 firmware. The actual link for the feed will be twittered by @MuscleNerd and also placed here when the feed starts. The demo should answer everything you need to know about the new yellowsn0w. But it's good news for iPhone 3G unlockers everywhere.

Meanwhile, we're in the middle of testing our PwnageTool and QuickPwn tools, which will work with iTunes 8.2. The jailbreak of course continues to work on 3.0 for all devices it ever worked on, thanks due the Pwnage 2.0 technique released last summer. Our tools will be released no sooner than the Apple release (just in case!).

P.S. For the new iPhone 3GS, please don't expect periodic updates about any progress we have or don't have. Nothing gives Apple the upper hand like someone tweeting or blogging partial hack results. That's not how cat & mouse is played :) That's how the cat gets fed.

ulc042608dr.png

Source: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/124232620/big-week

2.2.1 wasn't unlocked so all of you with piggyback sims can get ready to bin them! [or at least shelve them in case they're needed in the future]

Demo of the new ultrasn0w here, it's being released on Friday

Jailbreak should be updated today I believe for 3.0.

Can't wait.

Iphone 3G arrived at 8:30am.

Gunna update later, and then ultrasn0w on Friday. Hopefully be able to use my three sim card :) , with 3G signal??.

If not, already ordered an O2 iphone sim card from ebay for ?2.99 which gives a year of internet for free:DD( after one ?10 topup).

Looks like I will have to wait until Friday for me to able to use 3.0 :(

However Im leaving for Edinburgh at 16.20 so I hope its out at about mid day, I can get it all installed and unlocked before I have to leave for the airport!

im hoping they release the JB before friday since i dont need ultra snow... now if apple can just officially release 3.0

JB is coming before then.

I think they actually confirmed today.

the jailbreaks (and 2G unlock) will be out very soon...only the ultrasn0w 3G unlock is delayed a few days

It'll be today ;)

It'll be today ;)

Where is it Audio!! I want it!!! Whereeeee :rofl:

Now seriously, I must be getting old because I can't find it :s

Update 2 (Thursday morning):

• We have two issues that we've been trying to resolve:

1. There are new 3.0 complications with YouTube.app if you're on a hacktivated (unofficially activated) device
  2. There's a bug in Apple's new version of asr that our custom IPSW's are tickling and causing crashes on, on some devices. (For the nerdy or curious among us, the details of that bug were tweeted by planetbeing a month ago.)

• As of Thursday morning we now have a workaround for #2. For #1, we'll try our best to get it fixed but we may end up releasing a preliminary jailbreak in which YouTube doesn't work for hacktivated devices, and then follow that up with a more complete jailbreak when we can.

So, that means it will take more than the suppose Friday release? :rolleyes:

Friday is the release for ultrasn0w.

The update above is about the jailbreak which was suppose to happen shortly after 3.0 came out. They'll release it before/on friday, ultrasn0w needs a jailbroken iphone to work.

The only question to ask is will the Youtube bug be fixed for Friday or not...

Is ultrasn0w just for unlocking or unlocking and jailbreaking? Can you jailbreak OS 3.0 on an iPhone 3G with existing tools like PwnageTool or QuickPwn.

I don't personally give a rats ass about the YouTube bug, since the other one was fixed which was really important. I believe YouTube its not essential but then again i can't speak for all of you lads. I say let them do a prelinimary release today and then do a another release with YouTube bug being fixed.

Is ultrasn0w just for unlocking or unlocking and jailbreaking? Can you jailbreak OS 3.0 on an iPhone 3G with existing tools like PwnageTool or QuickPwn.

Ultrasn0w is for unlocking 3G only.

QuickPwn will be updated for jailbreaking 3.0 independently.

Ultrasnow for unlocking Only. No, existing tools such as Pwnage Tool and QuickPwn will not work for the final 3.0 OS.

I don't personally give a rats ass about the YouTube bug, since the other one was fixed which was really important. I believe YouTube its not essential but then again i can't speak for all of you lads. I say let them do a prelinimary release today and then do a another release with YouTube bug being fixed.

I think the point is they're going to work on fixing it until the latest date they can release which is Friday. Ultrasn0w needs a jailbroken iPhone so if the youtube bug isn't fixed by then they'll probably do a preliminary release.

So for Ultrasn0w to work your phone needs to be JB first? PwnageTool or QuickPwn will need to be released first then? Are they due to be out tomorrow as well? I only want to JB not interested in unlocking (unless I flog me 3G on eBay and buy a 3G S. :p )

Yeah, they will probably do that. I think they are doing a brilliant job, not to mention its free of charge. I think for most people outside USA and UK, Ultrasnow its a miracle for them, i have been traveling around Europe and I'm bare ****ed using Rebel Simcard, they can be reliable but very unpredictable. So UltraSnow its a gift for my iTelefone so i can finally toss those Piggy Sims away or maybe just shelve them for future reference.

So for Ultrasn0w to work your phone needs to be JB first? PwnageTool or QuickPwn will need to be released first then? Are they due to be out tomorrow as well? I only want to JB not interested in unlocking (unless I flog me 3G on eBay and buy a 3G S. :p )

You need to do a JB in order to get Ultrasnow which its uploaded through Cydia.

1. QuickPwn or Pwnage Tool

2. PrisonBreak

3. For those not tied to a carrier will have to go on Cydia and download UltraSnow

4. For those who don't care about the unlock will stop giving a toss after number 2.