iPhone 3.0 Firmware ready to be Unlocked and Jailbroken around release

Yeah, they will probably do that. I think they are doing a brilliant job, not to mention its free of charge. I think for most people outside USA and UK, Ultrasnow its a miracle for them, i have been traveling around Europe and I'm bare ****ed using Rebel Simcard, they can be reliable but very unpredictable. So UltraSnow its a gift for my iTelefone so i can finally toss those Piggy Sims away or maybe just shelve them for future reference.

You need to do a JB in order to get Ultrasnow which its uploaded through Cydia.

1. QuickPwn or Pwnage Tool

2. PrisonBreak

3. For those not tied to a carrier will have to go on Cydia and download UltraSnow

4. For those who don't care about the unlock will stop giving a toss after number 2.

None of the JB tools currently work with OS 3.0, correct?

not sure if i want to use half-working jb/unlock. I hope that they'll release fully working 9without youtube bugs) version next week.

i wouldn't be surprised if tomorrows release got delayed.

i personally dont care about the youtube app, you can't comment on videos, or view your account and subscriptions. it's pointless compared to going to youtube in safari.

As far as I'm aware we're still on for a Friday release of the jailbreak. I usually compile the Windows version of QuickPwn but am in Spain holidaying; other team members have the source so I would like to think it'll be a cross-platform QuickPwn release soon.

What people are saying here is correct; UltraSn0w is the codename for the iPhone 3G unlock - it's not the jailbreak itself, but does require a jailbroken device to operate (it's typically installed via Cydia). Also as stated, current QuickPwn and PwnageTool implementations won't work with firmware 3.0 - they have to be updated with each supported firmware.

it sounds like the youtube app problems has something to do with cell service carriers, so it won't be a problem on the ipod touches.

at least thats what i make of the twitter updates.

Lets hope we can get multi-orientation JB apps too, kinda pointless for some like Winterboard but still some would be better.

I have a question...is iPhone 2G properly supported with the latest unlock/jb tools? It seems that everyone forgot about the older iphone :p

I have a question...is iPhone 2G properly supported with the latest unlock/jb tools? It seems that everyone forgot about the older iphone :p

Oh it's not forgotten at all and all jailbreaking tools will support it. The baseband (the bit that controls the SIM card stuff) on the iPhone 2G hasn't been updated in a long time so the old unlock (BootNeuter it's called, usually installed via something like QuickPwn or PwnageTool) will still work fine.

If I jailbroke and only installed an app like Doom 3, would that impact my battery life at all? And would it make it slow, or is that the daemons and mobilesubstrate that does that?

If I jailbroke and only installed an app like Doom 3, would that impact my battery life at all? And would it make it slow, or is that the daemons and mobilesubstrate that does that?

I don't think JB slows down your iPhone, what slows down the iPhone is loads of apps. Just like in Computers the more apps you install the slower it gets, some probably don't notice it though now days Computers come with plenty of RAM and HDD space.

Anyway, to answer your question; By installing an App or Two or Three is not gonna slow down your iPhone. From my personal experience, if you go beyond 4 Rows filled with Apps you will notice a bit of slowness with reboot and respring.

Doom 3 is classed as old school???

At least the JB is posted on the devteam blog now. As suspected - not compatible with 3GS, and no ultrasn0w yet.

Oh it's not forgotten at all and all jailbreaking tools will support it. The baseband (the bit that controls the SIM card stuff) on the iPhone 2G hasn't been updated in a long time so the old unlock (BootNeuter it's called, usually installed via something like QuickPwn or PwnageTool) will still work fine.

Thats good news. Thank you Rob ;)

There's Doom 3 for iPhone?

Actually its Doom 3 resurection of evil i think, and it;s not yet released.

id is also working on classic doom port too.

so is it possible to unlock the original iPhone running 3.0?

Yes it is, just go to The Dev Team website for all the info you need to unlock it.

Doom 3 is classed as old school???

At least the JB is posted on the devteam blog now. As suspected - not compatible with 3GS, and no ultrasn0w yet.

what are you talking about? :blink:

Edit: Ohhh Mac Only :(

theres a link out there right now to a custom 3g unlocked ispw if you look around. since the windows tools are not out yet :ninja:

Sure but people need JB not just unlocking.