Lion opens car door during a Safari!

ATxid.jpg

With a 300lb lion in the offing, the couple visiting the safari park could at least console themselves that they had the protection of their car.

They watched in glee as the big cat padded up to their white Toyota.

Then fascination turned to terror as the creature calmly took the rear-door handle between its teeth ... and pulled it open.

For several seconds the car remained immobile as its occupants sat in stunned disbelief. Then the driver pulled away, with the lion in hot pursuit.

It chased its quarry all the way to the gates, where a game warden threw a stone to shoo it back into the enclosure.

The drama was played out at Lion Safari Park in Johannesburg, South Africa, and captured on camera by British tourist Richard Holden, who was in the car behind.

hDXu9.jpg

At the start of the trail, visitors are warned to lock windows and doors and take off all removable items such as aerials.

But Mr Holden, 32, an engineer, who was on holiday with wife Candice, 32, a teacher, and their two-year-old daughter Faye, said the car in front had obviously left the doors unlocked.

Since the lions at the park are fed every day, there is little chance that the Toyota couple would have been eaten.

'But they must have been panicking because they didn't drive off straight away,' said Mr Holden, from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. 'If that had been me, I would have hit the gas.'

Source

At the start of the trail, visitors are warned to lock windows and doors and take off all removable items such as aerials.

Some people sure have a problem with doing what they are told. I bet next time they'll listen. :D

The next news item:

"Human opens car door. Shocked Lion cubs attack and eat the human before they get a chance to discover how to make fire"

:rofl:!

Oh ****, animals are evolving! They can't be stopped! We're all doomed! DOOMED I TELL YOU! :rofl:

Maybe this lion is part of the circus and was trained to open car doors. :p

There's a video out on the web where there's a family out in a safari thing, the video looks like it was made in the 70's and there was a car with a family in it, dad, wife, baby and another older child.

well the smart dad decided to get out of the car and take pictures of the lions. one lion attacked him and they started to eat him alive, while his wife and kids were crying and screaming. There was another car a little farther away who was video taping it.

There's a video out on the web where there's a family out in a safari thing, the video looks like it was made in the 70's and there was a car with a family in it, dad, wife, baby and another older child.

well the smart dad decided to get out of the car and take pictures of the lions. one lion attacked him and they started to eat him alive, while his wife and kids were crying and screaming. There was another car a little farther away who was video taping it.

Ewww, why did I just go and view that video? :pinch:

Thats pretty impressive for a Lion to know how to do that.

How intelligent are Lions? My dog could open doors in our house when he was younger (he's too ill now) but how don't know how a dog's intelligence compares to a Lion.

fake

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155306/

that's the movie it's from