E3 2011: Halo Anniversary & Halo 4

It's literally the exact same game with a new graphics engine running on top. You can press a button and it's the old Halo with those graphics.

Which is pretty damn cool when you think about it, I don't remember every having that sort of option before. Not only is it neat it's also a in your face visual cue that the original game is there and untouhed so that all the people moaning "don't mess with the gameplay!" can finally just be quiet now.

Which is pretty damn cool when you think about it, I don't remember every having that sort of option before. Not only is it neat it's also a in your face visual cue that the original game is there and untouhed so that all the people moaning "don't mess with the gameplay!" can finally just be quiet now.

That is single player only. Multiplayer is confirmed running on the reach engine which plays a lot differently than the original Halo. Although they said they would try to keep the classic experience, it will most likely feel slightly different. Which is where most people are concerned about, the Classic Halo CE multiplayer experience. Either way, the graphical update is a nice addition.

Are there any other sites with this comparison? My job blocks blogs and all the graphics from Joystiq have a url that resembles (or is) a blog.

That is single player only. Multiplayer is confirmed running on the reach engine which plays a lot differently than the original Halo. Although they said they would try to keep the classic experience, it will most likely feel slightly different. Which is where most people are concerned about, the Classic Halo CE multiplayer experience. Either way, the graphical update is a nice addition.

They stated they're trying not to fragment the community, so it will have suit abilities and such like Reach. The multiplayer comes on a separate disc.

Kind of disappointed this isn't a downloadable XBLA title, personally.

Are there any other sites with this comparison? My job blocks blogs and all the graphics from Joystiq have a url that resembles (or is) a blog.

Those are same as the ones on prev. page

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1002932-e3-2011-halo-anniversary-halo-4/page__view__findpost__p__594047884

They are taken from halo.xbox.com

They stated they're trying not to fragment the community, so it will have suit abilities and such like Reach. The multiplayer comes on a separate disc.

Kind of disappointed this isn't a downloadable XBLA title, personally.

Agree with you on the XBLA title. But why would they do that when they can release a $60 game instead? Seeing how they also stated the multiplayer would be completely separate from the reach multiplayer, the community will alredy be fragmented. In my opinion they fragmented the community along time ago anyways. Not to say any of the multiplayer components were really bad or anything, but there are a lot of people that really miss the Halo CE gameplay mechanics. I miss them thats for sure, but I have also played every Halo game thats been released and got some sort of enjoyment out of each title. I am not as big a fan of the frachise as I used to be but I still try to support it when I can.

Agree with you on the XBLA title. But why would they do that when they can release a $60 game instead? Seeing how they also stated the multiplayer would be completely separate from the reach multiplayer, the community will alredy be fragmented. In my opinion they fragmented the community along time ago anyways. Not to say any of the multiplayer components were really bad or anything, but there are a lot of people that really miss the Halo CE gameplay mechanics. I miss them thats for sure, but I have also played every Halo game thats been released and got some sort of enjoyment out of each title. I am not as big a fan of the frachise as I used to be but I still try to support it when I can.

The game is $40 at retail. I guess with usual competition between Amazon, Walmart it might be cheaper at pre-order.

wow that was some heavy info

It all sounds amazing to me, though. The series is in dire need of innovation, and I absolutely love every aspect of that rumor.

It all sounds amazing to me, though. The series is in dire need of innovation, and I absolutely love every aspect of that rumor.

Agreed 100% (Y) I was finding it hard to get myself hyped up about this game but that did it :laugh:

Is it just me or did they make it sound like Halo4 is now more of a open world/sandbox type deal and you'll be free to jump between places as you try to figure out what's going on in the story? So like, Halo meets ME sorta? I mean I'm all for it if the story is deep and not like some other sandboxed games that have some loose story just for the sake of it that make me lose interest in them quick. I'm looking at you GTA.

+44444

My post was based on the initial one, which talks about malwares. The other functions of UAC I really didnt mention on my post. Anyway, I surely know that UAC is a wider tool than just a naggy popup, all I mean is that sometimes its nothing but only a naggy popup. Its kind of easy to bypass it. But for ordinary users it may work well to prevent execution of several files if people just read the warnings.

I think they will still have to keep some simplicity to core game play otherwise they will alienate most of the multi-player audience who frankly don't give a **** for story.

Is it just me or did they make it sound like Halo4 is now more of a open world/sandbox type deal and you'll be free to jump between places as you try to figure out what's going on in the story? So like, Halo meets ME sorta? I mean I'm all for it if the story is deep and not like some other sandboxed games that have some loose story just for the sake of it that make me lose interest in them quick. I'm looking at you GTA.

They won't make it open-world. That would be met by absolute insanity from the fans.

They won't make it open-world. That would be met by absolute insanity from the fans.

It sounded to me like it was open enough though, going by that rumor. Maybe I just read it wrong, but I think allowing you to pick where to go and what to do first to an extent is a good thing for a new Halo. If they jack up the scale of the game like it sounds it couldn't hurt.

It sounded to me like it was open enough though, going by that rumor. Maybe I just read it wrong, but I think allowing you to pick where to go and what to do first to an extent is a good thing for a new Halo. If they jack up the scale of the game like it sounds it couldn't hurt.

I think the rumor just indicates there will be more wide-open environments. Like Crysis 2 (not the original Crysis), I'd imagine.

I think the rumor just indicates there will be more wide-open environments. Like Crysis 2 (not the original Crysis), I'd imagine.

That works as well I suppose, the part about player choice is what threw me. But rereading it it seems to just mean as far as your abilities and weapons etc.

I think it will be just weapon and vehicle customization. They show weapon customization in the reveal trailer.

Screw the remake of Halo CE. HALO 4! Oh wait.. it's not made by Bungie. Halo CE!

Really? Because when I see that Halo 4 isn't being made by Bungie, I think, "YES!"