E3 2011: Halo Anniversary & Halo 4

Someone misplaced the new IPs.

I guess the same person works part-time at Nintendo and Sony as well? ;)

Question is.... who is making them? Didn't Bungie say they weren't making any more? Obviously MS would never let that be the end of the IP though.

Halo 4 (Isn't it not being made by Bungie?? = likely pass unless some crazy stuff is shown.

Halo:CE Remake = YES. Just do not touch anything.

They better not screw with the controls/game play on the Halo: CE remake.

I doubt the gameplay will see any drastic changes, devs know that the gameplay is key to what makes it so liked. They'd have to be crazy to do anything big. I just expect updated visuals mostly.

By "thats not all" do they mean we're getting Halo:CE ramake and Halo 4 is a completely new game?...

Question is.... who is making them? Didn't Bungie say they weren't making any more? Obviously MS would never let that be the end of the IP though.

I thought everyone knew already? When MS cut off Bungie and they left a group stayed behind and formed 343i. They also brought in some more talent i've read. Corrinne Yu is the principal working on the engine.

I doubt the gameplay will see any drastic changes, devs know that the gameplay is key to what makes it so liked. They'd have to be crazy to do anything big. I just expect updated visuals mostly.

Hopefully the ONLY additions will be visuals and XBL play, same controls and gametypes, same simple maps etc. Leave those good ol 2001 physics and gameplay alone.

343 industries. Development team set up by MS after bungie left. Think they retained a few bungie members and that frankie guy.

This is another huge disappointment for me. MS have the weakest first party of any console yet they think it is ok just to have a yearly cycle of Halo/gears.

Why cant they come up with something new that isnt for Kinect.

Where are the exciting new games with great single player and online? Guess they dont really exist on the xbox anymore.

Halo 4 (Isn't it not being made by Bungie?? = likely pass unless some crazy stuff is shown.

Halo:CE Remake = YES. Just do not touch anything.

Both are no doubt being done by 343 Industries seeing as MS created the devs to develop the Halo franchise after Bungie left.

Both are no doubt being done by 343 Industries seeing as MS created the devs to develop the Halo franchise after Bungie left.

Thanks for the heads up.

For people lamenting the lack of exclusive, these are two of the biggest (Y), CAN'T WAIT! :D

With everything that used to be exclusing now more or less being multiplatform the need for lots of them just isn't there. Besides MS is started to shift focus on the Xbox to not just a games system and an all around media hub. They like to point out the fact that 40% of the time people use their 360 for non-gaming. I don't know about you but that's not a small number and it's been growing with more and more media/social features MS has added.

Add the IPTV stuff that people are talking about into the mix and you've just transformed the thing basically.

For people lamenting the lack of exclusive, these are two of the biggest (Y), CAN'T WAIT! :D

A remake (probably just polish) and the 6th game in a series?

Eeeeeeeeeeeee :D Can't wait! Although I really liked Bungie's work, so I am interested to see how this turns out.

With everything that used to be exclusing now more or less being multiplatform the need for lots of them just isn't there. Besides MS is started to shift focus on the Xbox to not just a games system and an all around media hub. They like to point out the fact that 40% of the time people use their 360 for non-gaming. I don't know about you but that's not a small number and it's been growing with more and more media/social features MS has added.

Add the IPTV stuff that people are talking about into the mix and you've just transformed the thing basically.

Dont think its that, its more to do with the fact that they are pouring all their resources into Kinect which I dont have the slightest interest in seeing as (imo) it is a step backwards in terms of controlling a game.

Dont think its that, its more to do with the fact that they are pouring all their resources into Kinect which I dont have the slightest interest in seeing as (imo) it is a step backwards in terms of controlling a game.

Maybe true as far as what has priority atm but keep in mind that the 360 is also heading into the last few years of it's life outside of kinect related stuff. There's no changing that, you could come up with some new IP exclusives sure, Alan Wake last year for example, though it picked the wrong time to go on sale. But as far as Xbox gamers go, getting multiplatform versions of games that used to be exclusive to the Playstation is basically the same in the end, to a degree.

A remake (probably just polish) and the 6th game in a series?

and that is a problem? Halo 4 will be 4th in the "series" actually.

and that is a problem? Halo 4 will be 4th in the "series" actually.

Halo CE

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 3:ODST

Halo Reach

And now Halo 4

If halo 4 plays substaintially different then i may be interested, (I doubt it) but this will be the 4 halo game on the 360 alone.

Maybe true as far as what has priority atm but keep in mind that the 360 is also heading into the last few years of it's life outside of kinect related stuff. There's no changing that, you could come up with some new IP exclusives sure, Alan Wake last year for example, though it picked the wrong time to go on sale. But as far as Xbox gamers go, getting multiplatform versions of games that used to be exclusive to the Playstation is basically the same in the end, to a degree.

Th original Xbox had some of its best games before its end of life (before they killed it with the 360), The 360 has been getting progressively worse for a while now and i may as well just get a ps3/pc for the titles i want (BF3, B:AC) as MS have nothing to offer.

I was starting to get worried there'd be nothing exciting game announcement-wise... good to see there's something big being announced.