• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#91 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:00

can you get rid of the black bar behind the tiles???

#92 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:11

yo here is a pic of 64bit black with custom top and bottom what do you all think?

Posted Image

I think maybe you can try to make the top/bottom part as if it's "fading" into the middle, Panda X did it quite nicely and looks more natural.

can you get rid of the black bar behind the tiles???

LOL, this is the 6 million quiz as of now. :laugh:

#93 jeffbar1

jeffbar1

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:21

It was just an example to see if anyone can get rid of center stripe.
Any luck on transparencies?
Panda are the tiles a background layer or are the 5231 and 32 :1033?
Any ideas on why when changing alpha hex value from FF, frame buffer is not erased and leaves residual images?

Microsoft is still working on it, I guess.

why is metro so incomplete and lackluster?

#94 LightShadow

LightShadow

>Metro<

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:45

It was just an example to see if anyone can get rid of center stripe.
Any luck on transparencies?
Panda are the tiles a background layer or are the 5231 and 32 :1033?
Any ideas on why when changing alpha hex value from FF, frame buffer is not erased and leaves residual images?

Microsoft is still working on it, I guess.

why is metro so incomplete and lackluster?

Two words.
Developer Preview.

#95 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 20 September 2011 - 13:35

I wonder what the middle colored bar is there for actually. It's a layer of it's own right? What role does it play visually, help with smoother scrolling or something?

#96 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 20 September 2011 - 14:37

I wonder what the middle colored bar is there for actually. It's a layer of it's own right? What role does it play visually, help with smoother scrolling or something?

The tiles are probably tied to it somehow, I'm guessing when you scroll left and right through the tiles the top and bottom background sections don't actually move but the black bar section is what scrolls

#97 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 20 September 2011 - 14:58

The tiles are probably tied to it somehow, I'm guessing when you scroll left and right through the tiles the top and bottom background sections don't actually move but the black bar section is what scrolls

The tiles actually move when you scroll either left or right on my end. If you do not see the tiles move on your end, It is probably because it is disabled. If you want it move while scrolling, then you need to enable it.

The Start logo and the login name stay still.

#98 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

Posted 20 September 2011 - 15:22

Two words.
Developer Preview.

Two words,

I wish people would stop with the "It's a Developer Preview". So What if it is? Can't people explore? Can't people dig into what they can and can't do no matter how far along the OS is. Ok that was more than two words.

#99 LightShadow

LightShadow

>Metro<

Posted 20 September 2011 - 16:06

Two words,

I wish people would stop with the "It's a Developer Preview". So What if it is? Can't people explore? Can't people dig into what they can and can't do no matter how far along the OS is. Ok that was more than two words.

Hey, you got the wrong end of what I was saying. His quote (I should have edited it to just that line) was that why is Metro so lacking and incomplete. That's because it's a DP, room to improve. I'm not saying it to the reason why you can't explore. I mean even I support it.

#100 jeffbar1

jeffbar1

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 16:48

i'm just saying for a MS DP Metro is lacking if they have been working on it for months. I think they striped it. I have to say thanks MS, I hate leaked versions that are even less complete.

#101 OP Panda X

Panda X

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 17:02

i'm just saying for a MS DP Metro is lacking if they have been working on it for months. I think they striped it. I have to say thanks MS, I hate leaked versions that are even less complete.

Well yes, the developer preview is heavily stripped. That's because it's whole and only purpose is so people can make apps for it and make sure existing apps run on it when it comes out. It's not for playing around with, using as a main operating system, or anything else. If you want to do all that then use the Beta or Release Candidate as that what they're for. Developer preview is for making apps new apps so the store will have some good programs when it releases, and existing programs will still work. Nothing else.

The Beta/RC will have options to customize the color, it'll have more apps like email, file browser, metro task manger, etc. All of which are currently locked down in the developer preview.

#102 OP Panda X

Panda X

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 19:56

Red: 5
Green: 60
Blue: 150

To me that seems like a nice, smooth yet native feeling color for Windows. :)

Here you go: http://metrothemes.d...t.com/#/d4af2va

#103 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 20 September 2011 - 20:06

Here you go: http://metrothemes.d...t.com/#/d4af2va

Thanks. Though I was hoping for a blue version of the original background as I'm not a big fan of the tiles. :(

#104 wahoospa

wahoospa

Neowinian

Posted 20 September 2011 - 23:52

Posted Image

Download: http://thepanda-x.de...4-bit-259046641

How do you get the weather tile to display the weather in the Metro desktop like in the picture? The only way I can get the weather to show is click on the tile and it takes me to the a full screen.
I would like to have the weather showing in the tile always on the Metro.

#105 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2011 - 00:04

Two words,

He asked why the Immersive/Metro experience is "so incomplete and lackluster." The correct response to that is "It's a developer preview."