This question indicates to me that you know nothing about Diablo (as a franchise) and I won't be discussing the topic any further with you.

Diablo 3 would have been a fine and dandy game on it's own, if it were called anything other than Diablo 3. (I still wouldn't play it, but I'd have no reason to hate it.) But the fact is, it is the successor to Diablo 1, and Diablo 2, and thus it fails extraordinarily in many different aspects of the series. End of story.

lol, I don't need to justify to you the amount of my life wasted on Diablo 1 and 2.  The fact that you are getting so bent out of shape over attack speed is extremely comical.  Thanks for that.  Glad you made it to the end of your story.  I'd say cool story, but it really wasn't.

Twice in 2013. It's well documented.

Do you often dwell on things you don't like? I thought you were done trolling this thread, but life must be boring for you because you keep coming back.

Not sure why their patch frequency matters so much to you but if you took the time to look at it you would see that you are clearly wrong. Diablo 3 came out in May 2012. Between May 2012 and May 2013 there were 8 significant patches to the game. That's about 4x the amount you claim and it is very well documented. In its 'second year' there have not been any significant patches that have been released but it is also only about 4 months into its second year.

Do you often dwell on things you don't like? I thought you were done trolling this thread, but life must be boring for you because you keep coming back.

I log on and click the notification icon, it's not hard. It must be hard to fail at constructing a demeaning statement on the internet.

Not sure why their patch frequency matters so much to you but if you took the time to look at it you would see that you are clearly wrong. Diablo 3 came out in May 2012. Between May 2012 and May 2013 there were 8 significant patches to the game. That's about 4x the amount you claim and it is very well documented. In its 'second year' there have not been any significant patches that have been released but it is also only about 4 months into its second year.

Patching frequency is important because it displays dedication and support. When software is newer and has a lot of problems, many patches would be expected, preferably sooner than later...

I never said "it's second year", I said "2013"...

This year, (which happens to be 2013), Diablo 3 has patched 2 (two) times. Now, I know it's hard, but please try a little harder at attempting to understand what you read.

I log on and click the notification icon, it's not hard. It must be hard to fail at constructing a demeaning statement on the internet.

Patching frequency is important because it displays dedication and support. When software is newer and has a lot of problems, many patches would be expected, preferably sooner than later...

I never said "it's second year", I said "2013"...

This year, (which happens to be 2013), Diablo 3 has patched 2 (two) times. Now, I know it's hard, but please try a little harder at attempting to understand what you read.

They patch 1-2 times a year? ...<immature rant>...

Any more pathetic trolling?
  • Like 1

Any more pathetic trolling?

Well, considering it's D3, I didn't really expect any actual defense or an intellectual debate.

So, if that's your best defense (throwing out the hater/troll card) than yeah, nothing much going on here...

Moving along...

madd-hatter, your exact quote was "They patch 1-2 times a year?". Stop deflecting.

Given that there were considerably more in 2012, and we're already on two in 2013 (which, I remind you, is not finished), yes, your comment was outright wrong.

It is really helpful to use facts when making conversation, rather making up bullcrap.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the 2.0 patch, sounds like there's a lot of fun stuff coming down the line, regardless of the expansion itself. Made sure to take part in Blizz's recent survey too.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the 2.0 patch, sounds like there's a lot of fun stuff coming down the line, regardless of the expansion itself. Made sure to take part in Blizz's recent survey too.

I like the idea of returning usable skill points as a reward for the paragon leveling system :).  It will be fun to have those tweaks.  My buddy and I leveled up to 60 on hardcore, and his char got killed by a lag spike :(.  Damn.

Anyone try Diablo 3 for console yet?  Looks like RedBox is renting the XBox 360 version.  I'm going to rent it this weekend to check out.  I'm mostly just interested in how they adapt the gameplay to a controller.

I'm mostly just interested in how they adapt the gameplay to a controller.

Ditto. I have no issues re-buying the game if I can lounge on my couch and kill crap with my Wife on the same screen. It's not only more relaxing, it's more social than sitting on my desk by myself while she watches TV in the other room.

• Like 2

Ditto. I have no issues re-buying the game if I can lounge on my couch and kill crap with my Wife on the same screen. It's not only more relaxing, it's more social than sitting on my desk by myself while she watches TV in the other room.

Yeah, I want to play it with my family as well and right now buying the console version is cheaper than buying 2 more PC copies in order to play 3 player :).  With it at RedBox I can try it before buying which is awesome.  I'm very skeptical that the graphics will be that great and extremely skeptical of the Wizard and Demon Hunter gameplay.  I keep checking RedBox but all the kiosks near me don't have it.

Could somebody advise me where the cheapest place to buy this for PC is currently.?

Probably the best you will find it for is $40.  Walmart and Amazon have it for $42.  I would advise against buying this game used.  Once purchased your "Activation Key" gets tied to a battle.net account.  So unless its "used" but somehow never played, they would need to transfer their entire battle.net account to you for you to play the game.  Otherwise you'll just have a bunch of plastic and cardboard.

Woot!  Found it at a nearby RedBox.  I'll let you guys know my thoughts on the XBox 360 version tomorrow.

I'm pretty impressed with the console port.  So far it has exceeded my expectations.  I played with my step son for most of the evening and he was mesmerized with it.  He had watched me play on PC quite a lot, but he always dismissed the game as looking boring.

The gameplay is really quite tight on the XBox 360 but I was playing Barbarian which is probably the easiest to control.  But my step son wasn't having any issues with his DH.

Anyway some memorable highlights:

* All characters have a roll/dodge ability now.  This will probably be coming to PC.  I don't keep up with "blue" posts...

* The zoom out when we started getting further apart was really well done

* As you retrieve loot there is a little summary that pops up over your portrait that tells you if its an up or a down in a few different categories (attack/defense).

* Easy/Normal/Hard mode ...basically simplified Monster Power.  I started on hard mode and to my surprise it was actually pretty difficult.  We died quite a few times on the first elite and decided we better back off to normal.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the root gamers forum since this is now a cross-platform game.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 for console with my step-sons this past weekend.  Ended up just buying it. 

Probably put about 7 or 8 hours into it.  It is MUCH more challenging than the PC version for me (maybe its the controls).  Better loot drops are pretty obvious, but it isn't making the game much easier.  We started on hard and had to scale back to normal.  So far my barbarian is not quite level 20 yet and I have 3 legendary items all with +strength and all usable.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the root gamers forum since this is now a cross-platform game.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 for console with my step-sons this past weekend.  Ended up just buying it. 

Probably put about 7 or 8 hours into it.  It is MUCH more challenging than the PC version for me (maybe its the controls).  Better loot drops are pretty obvious, but it isn't making the game much easier.  We started on hard and had to scale back to normal.  So far my barbarian is not quite level 20 yet and I have 3 legendary items all with +strength and all usable.

It might be much more challenging for the time being but it doesn't seem like the game on consoles will  have the life span of even the pc version when people are already pushing 300k dps and beyond 2 weeks after release.

I'm not complaining or anything but just as a comparison it's taken me around 120 hours to get to only ~200k dps on my barbarian on the pc version.

It might be much more challenging for the time being but it doesn't seem like the game on consoles will  have the life span of even the pc version when people are already pushing 300k dps and beyond 2 weeks after release.

I'm not complaining or anything but just as a comparison it's taken me around 120 hours to get to only ~200k dps on my barbarian on the pc version.

I'm definitely not that far along!  I haven't even beaten Act 2 on normal yet, but probably only have invested about 15 hours across 3 different characters.  Keep making new characters because the person I want to play with is just starting :p.  Blizz can't seem to win here.  PC drops for the most part suck and to me that is just artificially making the game longer (but not more interesting).  It takes sorting through tons of items in order to make money on the AH buy what you really needed to drop in the first place in order to progress (by progress I mean play the same-old content yet again but slightly harder).  People complain about that and then they complain on console because the drops are too aggressive and they feel bored with the game faster because of it.

But I get what you are saying.  I'd say check out the console version if you get a chance.  There is a free demo and I've found it at redbox to rent for XBox 360.  I think it is hard to draw direct comparisons between the stats, to be honest.  Maybe I'm wrong.  There was a lot of tweaking in the console version because of the mob density limitation.  I find that if I don't actively dodge on console (when perhaps slightly under-geared), I risk dying.  Hardcore mode on console right now looks far more daunting to me than hardcore on PC.  Hardcore on PC is pretty damn easy cakes up until inferno difficulty.

you all must be the rare bunch. I've read items all over the net how many people hate/dislike D3 due to the game play.

I haven't even attempted to purchase the game.

you all must be the rare bunch. I've read items all over the net how many people hate/dislike D3 due to the game play.

It was the case when it 1st came out, but since the last patch its a pretty decent game now

i played the demo of the PS3 version and i hope that they add the option to the PC version to get that UI and use a controller as well as the feature for if an item is better or worse when you pick it up and allow for quick equip that was a very nice feature. As for the dodge options i am not sure how i feel about that. while on the console it has saved me a lot i am not sure if it i somethign that i would like on the pc version but i can say it would not bother me at all if they ended up adding it.

The game play is tight.  I haven't heard anyone really complain about the actual game play.  Blizz had that done right from the beginning.  IMO the game play is much better in D3 than in TorchLight 2 whereas TorchLight 2 is better in other areas (loot and build diversities for instance).

Some people don't like D3 because of the RPG elements that are different from D2 (choice of stat distribution when you level for instance, and skill points that are permanent).  Definitely feel more like your barbarian is yours in D2 where as in D3 the only differentiation between all the level 60 barbarians is the gear they currently have.  Also some folks don't like the way item drops were handled in D3.  Add that to the pay-to-win model of the real money auction house and the always-online requirements.... there were lots of things people had every reason to not like about D3...

Still, I bet that everyone who hates on D3 and actually played enjoyed the crap out of it the first play through.  They just got all bent because they only got like 50-100 hours worth of gameplay instead of the 1000's of hours they were hoping for.