After over 60 hours of playing the game and leveling two characters up to max level I suspect he will come back with a "Diablo 3 sucks, and here is why" post..... :rofl:

60 hours to level up two characters? Heh. In sixty hours you can get over 200 paragon levels (doing t6 cota runs, that give you 20 billion exp in a hour). And why waste time to level up a second character, when all of them are good at farming (seeing as that's all the game got to offer after you complete the terrible story)?

60 hours to level up two characters? Heh. In sixty hours you can get over 200 paragon levels (doing t6 cota runs, that give you 20 billion exp in a hour). And why waste time to level up a second character, when all of them are good at farming (seeing as that's all the game got to offer after you complete the terrible story)?

First of all, I didn't say 60 hours to level up two characters.  Lol.  I said 60 hours of playing and leveling up two characters.

Each character has unique gameplay that is what makes the game fun.  You are wrong about only needing 1 character for farming.  Since 2.0, items that drop more-often-than-not are appropriate for the class you are playing.  In other words, you won't get much Wizard gear playing your Barbarian.  I consider the "loot farming" only as much fun as it takes to get over whatever loot wall you need to get over to complete the difficulty that you are challenging yourself with.  Loot farming just to loot farm is boring as hell, and not something I enjoy doing in any game.  Have fun playing the unique gameplay of each class in Diablo 3.  That is where all the fun it (for me).

Also, doing "t6 cota runs" is all great and fine and dandy for you "normal" diablo 3 characters just running towards death-after-death-after-death.  Hardcore characters take things a bit...slower... because it is more rewarding than your strategy of hit a mob a few times, dying, and running back to whack on it some more.  Not sure how anyone can enjoy a game like that.  Seems pointless.  Why not see how many times you can clap your hands and then try and beat that records?  About the same IMO.

First of all, I didn't say 60 hours to level up two characters.  Lol.  I said 60 hours of playing and leveling up two characters.

Each character has unique gameplay that is what makes the game fun.  You are wrong about only needing 1 character for farming.  Since 2.0, items that drop more-often-than-not are appropriate for the class you are playing.  In other words, you won't get much Wizard gear playing your Barbarian.  I consider the "loot farming" only as much fun as it takes to get over whatever loot wall you need to get over to complete the difficulty that you are challenging yourself with.  Loot farming just to loot farm is boring as hell, and not something I enjoy doing in any game.  Have fun playing the unique gameplay of each class in Diablo 3.  That is where all the fun it (for me).

That's the reason I said leveling a second character is a waste. Improving a single character that you're playing, is better than getting loot for your other character that you created only to see a different animation on a skill that does the same thing on a different class. Also if playing just to get better loot is boring for you, why are you playing the game? Other than improving your gear, what else is there in the game after you completed the story (other than gaining paragon levels (which requires you to farm))?

Looking forward to fighting the Server boss tonight when RoS goes live!  We need to start a Neowin community for the 3-4 of us that actually play :D.

That's the reason I said leveling a second character is a waste. Improving a single character that you're playing, is better than getting loot for your other character that you created only to see a different animation on a skill that does the same thing on a different class. Also if playing just to get better loot is boring for you, why are you playing the game? Other than improving your gear, what else is there in the game after you completed the story (other than gaining paragon levels (which requires you to farm))?

For me, I like overcoming the challenge of the difficulties.  Getting gear is just a means to an the end of defeating the game.  So long as I haven't beaten the game on the top difficulty and on Hardcore, there is always progress to be made.  I usually get bored of it before then, however, and stop playing ;). 

But I agree that playing the game over-and-over-and-over is boring.  Hopefully with the new Act will add some excitement and Adventure mode will make item farmings less monotonous (less....broke record).  I'd rather gear up in Adventure mode and then overcome a difficulty in story mode then keep playing story mode over-and-over.

More-or-less I think people are overly critical of the game.  That's just my opinion.  But a lot of folks seem really bent out of shape over Diablo 3 for some reason.  Like they expect it to be their life obsession for the next 2-3 years or something like WoW or Diablo 2 was.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls ? all the regional launch times

Monday, 24th March 2014 20:21 GMT By Sherif Saed

If you?re getting a copy of Reaper of Souls tonight, and want to play as soon as the servers go live, you will need this handy launch times guide.

Most of the expansion content should be already on your hard-drive if your game is up-to-date, if not, you?ll need to start the launcher and let it update and optimize. You can head to the link for more details.

Blizzard posted all the times, find them below:

For Asia: ? the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.

• 3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
  • 2:00 a.m. CST on March 25

For Europe: ? the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.

• 23:00 GMT on March 24
  • 00:00 CET on March 25
  • 01:00 EET on March 25
  • 03:00 MSK on March 25

For the Americas: ? the expansion will be available to play at 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.

• 10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
  • 11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
  • 12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
  • 1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
  • 1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
  • 12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
  • 3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

Are you going to be playing this tonight?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/24/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-all-the-regional-launch-times/

It is interesting that they are not anticipating any server downtime to come with this release...at all.  Apparently when the clock "dings" for your region, Act V and all of RoS should be available (even if you are currently in-game).

Diablo III will be available the night Reaper of Souls goes live and there will be no need to patch or exit the game once the clock strikes GO!

We advise logging in ahead of time to reduce potential queue times. Once you're in-game and the Reaper of Souls has launched in your region, you'll see a server broadcast message letting you know that the expansion is now available to play. This means you can continuously play Diablo III all night long and jump straight into Act V the moment it?s available!

source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/

I'll believe it when I see it.  The launch of Diablo 3 was just....so absolutely terrible.

I won't be able to play tonight. I ordered from Amazon because I had gift cards and they only had physical copies for some reason instead of digital.

:s

The EU launch went quite well. The new place is quite charming and challenging :wub: , especially those damn Punishers that can stun and 1shot you. :(

US launch went really well.  Was Blizzard prepared?  Or was RoS launch not as big as D3 launch?  Combination of both?

It went really well over here.  Server message that the game was ready, and everything just played smoothly after that.  Played for about 2 hours last night immediately following release.

I think the fact that we were able to download RoS in it's entirety for the last month really saved them a lot of trouble. Also coupled with the fact that no downtime was required to access it so they didn't have hundreds of thousands of people all trying to get in at the same time.

From everything i have heard about the launch it was the smoothest game launch probably in history for an online game. I wont get to play until i get home from work this afternoon though :(

Wow, just finished a 12 hour RoS session. I'm off to bed. So far, very impressed, the game vanilla D3 should have been!

I'm glad they went with this Gothic atmosphere theme for Act V.

(Prior to the exp. announcement), I was putting money on the crappy jungle theme like Act 3 in Diablo 2.  I think I rage quit Diablo 2 over that Act.

I have yet to play but what I have seen of Pandemonium it is going to be awesome.

From everything i have heard about the launch it was the smoothest game launch probably in history for an online game. I wont get to play until i get home from work this afternoon though :(

For me both Guild Wars 2 and Aion had pretty flawless launches. RoS has had a few issues like people randomly having their experience bars changing from regular exp to paragon while leveling from 60 to 70 and some connection errors along with high latency problems here and there. Minor issues all in all so not completely flawless.

However! We wouldn't have needed to worry about the game launch being smooth had they decided to relax the always online requirement. I think this is worth mentioning. With the removal of the auction house and bind to account there is no more need for always online.

I forgot about that The Guild Wars 2 launch was awesome too. I went straight from Beta into the live game without much notice at all :D

Wow, just finished a 12 hour RoS session. I'm off to bed. So far, very impressed, the game vanilla D3 should have been!

Nice! I can't wait to start playing tonight. I'm waiting on my best friend to get home so we play together and neither one of us gets ahead. I never thought I'd be this excited for a Diablo game but Blizzard has managed to fix almost everything. You're right.. this is what Diablo 3 should have been from the beginning.

So I made a crusader. People on the official D3 forum are saying it's really weak but I'm not seeing. Maybe this will change but it's now my favorite class to play and I'm cruising through the story in t1 without any issues.

One question though.. does everyone get the 'pre-order' wings? I actually didn't pre-order, but I did get mine on the standard version. I wasn't given a special code or whatever for it either.

One question though.. does everyone get the 'pre-order' wings? I actually didn't pre-order, but I did get mine on the standard version. I wasn't given a special code or whatever for it either.

You get the wings as long as you activate your game code by March 31. Doesn't matter if you pre ordered or not.