Finished the campaign today plus done a few Nephalem Rifts. Some good opportunities for great items coming, both in drops and in crafting. Really enjoying this expansion and without giving spoilers, look forward to the next

Just finished the Campaign, wished it was a bit longer though. Also Cinematics were like non existent except for the intro Cinematic. So I was disappointed in that as well.

tempted to buy it.. is it worth it? I enjoyed D3.. downloaded and re-installed it but have found 0 games to join.. always 0 people on that quest.

tempted to buy it.. is it worth it? I enjoyed D3.. downloaded and re-installed it but have found 0 games to join.. always 0 people on that quest.

Most people will only play in communities and clans.  I was thinking of starting a Neowin community....  But there are not many players here.

One question though.. does everyone get the 'pre-order' wings? I actually didn't pre-order, but I did get mine on the standard version. I wasn't given a special code or whatever for it either.

They are not very special tbh.  I've been trashing mine on all my chars :(.  Not near as cool as the Infernal Helm legendary that console players got for their pre-order... grr!

Most people will only play in communities and clans.  I was thinking of starting a Neowin community....  But there are not many players here.

Start it, and get people to join! I know when I was playing with a couple of members here and it was fun as hell when D3 came out.

Just finished the Campaign, wished it was a bit longer though. Also Cinematics were like non existent except for the intro Cinematic. So I was disappointed in that as well.

They only added 1 act.  Aren't there two cinematics per act anyway?

If all that you are interested in is playing through the single player game once, Diablo 3 and RoS is really overpriced.  Its really intended more for people who want to max out their chars.  The Rifts and Adventure mode, for me, really is icing on the cake for the expansion.  The one thing I feel was missing from the expansion is that there was no new follower :(.  I'd love a new hirling.

Start it, and get people to join! I know when I was playing with a couple of members here and it was fun as hell when D3 came out.

Added.  Join the "Neowin" community.  Should be open for public.

Might just pass on it and wait for it to come out on PS4.  I have it pre-ordered for that.  I liked playing online with D3.. I get that Diablo is a single player game.. but the playing with other people made it more enjoyable for me.

I really like the removal of hell/nightmare/inferno and the addition of adventure mode.  It definitely takes the linear boredom out of the grind. It's nice that regardless of where you go, you are fighting monsters that will give you decent XP.

Seasons & ladders to be added in a future patch:

Q: Any new content you wanted to include in RoS, but didn't have enough time?

Josh Mosqueira: That's a really good question. One of the features you guys have asked about a lot, that we have done a lot of research for, is something called ladders. I'm happy to say that as part of our first big content patch in a couple of month, we will be releasing seasons, which will include a ladder-like aspect to them. We're still working on them, but the general gist is that you'll level up a new character, we'll have specific ladders for seasons, and also some goodies that will drop along the way. There's more information of that to come, and we're not making an announcement of when, but that's coming in the first major content patch.

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1830-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-release-party

A ladder might be worth while...maybe not.  Depends on if the mechanics of it favor the people out there that have all day every day to burn on games like Diablo 3.

If the ladder is nothing more than a simple race in level, I think they should cap gameplay to some number of hours a week for those chars. I think that would make it more fair for folks that don't have much time to play but still want to compete in the ladder.

Players who want to play more diablo than that can start multiple chars in the ladder, or play their normal/hardcore characters once their ladder time for the week is up.  That's my two cents anyway.

They only added 1 act.  Aren't there two cinematics per act anyway?

If all that you are interested in is playing through the single player game once, Diablo 3 and RoS is really overpriced.  Its really intended more for people who want to max out their chars.  The Rifts and Adventure mode, for me, really is icing on the cake for the expansion.  The one thing I feel was missing from the expansion is that there was no new follower :(.  I'd love a new hirling.

Added.  Join the "Neowin" community.  Should be open for public.

Well even if there are two cinematics, there should be one at the end. I was disappointed that there was none. Even at the end of Diablo 3 had one.  I'll join the group once I'm done with class.

Well even if there are two cinematics, there should be one at the end. I was disappointed that there was none. Even at the end of Diablo 3 had one.  I'll join the group once I'm done with class.

I guess there wasn't one.  I was confused by the longer "sub-act"-story board thingy at the end.  But compared to the opening cinematic, it was pretty weak.  But that last boss fight was still pretty awesome, IMO :D.  It def. had me on my toes.

I just jump into the game, click "open to public" and people will drop in occasionally. Kick ass, chew bubblegum, etc. :D

Not sure why you'd pass it up on PC though, as you can easily get in with others. It's definitely not just a singleplayer game, unless you want it to be.

I just jump into the game, click "open to public" and people will drop in occasionally. Kick ass, chew bubblegum, etc. :D

Not sure why you'd pass it up on PC though, as you can easily get in with others. It's definitely not just a singleplayer game, unless you want it to be.

Eh, I tried.. created a public game.. no one joined.. I also didn't find any games to join.  Not sure if maybe I should just start a new character.  I guess it really comes down to if I got it would I get to play how I want (with other people).  As of now without it it definitely seems I am not.

My experience with public games is that you typically won't find any unless your character is at max level. The way they have made matchmaking is that it won't show any games with people who are not the same level and on the same quest as you. So until you are level 70 this drastically limits the amount of public games you'll find.

My experience with public games is that you typically won't find any unless your character is at max level. The way they have made matchmaking is that it won't show any games with people who are not the same level and on the same quest as you. So until you are level 70 this drastically limits the amount of public games you'll find.

I'm sure others may disagree, but I have had crap experiences in public games.  Lots of folks playing in them really are not interested in playing cooperatively...they are just doing speed-runs of whatever they are doing and not looking to interact much.

Just to repeat: I started an "unofficial" Neowin community (diablo name is Nickerbocker).  Just search for "Neowin" in communities.  So far just Razorwing and I are in it.  If you join, be sure to also connect to the chat room (as this is not done automatically).

I'm sure others may disagree, but I have had crap experiences in public games.  Lots of folks playing in them really are not interested in playing cooperatively...they are just doing speed-runs of whatever they are doing and not looking to interact much.

Just to repeat: I started an "unofficial" Neowin community (diablo name is Nickerbocker).  Just search for "Neowin" in communities.  So far just Razorwing and I are in it.  If you join, be sure to also connect to the chat room (as this is not done automatically).

As far as cooping the game goes you are right, in multiplayer, people will always skip the cutscenes and run through the act as fast as possible. most folks are there for the legendary drops and XP only not much else.

If you want to witness the story either play single player or play only with friends.

If i remember i will join the neowin group :D

As far as cooping the game goes you are right, in multiplayer, people will always skip the cutscenes and run through the act as fast as possible. most folks are there for the legendary drops and XP only not much else.

If you want to witness the story either play single player or play only with friends.

If i remember i will join the neowin group :D

Usually, that's all I'm after as well.  I don't think people in public games should "wait" for me.  I think that, ultimately, if you want to play in a public game (and want to have a good time), make sure that your movement speed is maxed out.  If it is not maxed out (25% for everyone except for monks) you will be left behind.

Not exactly, there are many who are leveling their crusader's through the content. That's how I've managed to join up with others mid-level.

Not exactly, there are many who are leveling their crusader's through the content. That's how I've managed to join up with others mid-level.

At least in Hardcore mode, there are more folks continuously leveling characters... for obvious reasons....  But I wouldn't recommend jumping into a public game with a hardcore character.  Too many asshats out there.

I remember hitting a wall in ACT 2 inferno when this game came out. Haven't played since. I heard it ain't the case anymore and they got rid of that pay to win auction house crap, i'll probable check it out and if it's cool, I might buy the expansion.

i joined the Neowin community :D hopefully i will have time to play tomorrow.

I remember hitting a wall in ACT 2 inferno when this game came out. Haven't played since. I heard it ain't the case anymore and they got rid of that pay to win auction house crap, i'll probable check it out and if it's cool, I might buy the expansion.

You're gonna run into problems then. The problem is they've tailored all the vanilla stuff to make everything ready for the expansion. 

I can tell you my honest opinion and it's that the expansion is worth every penny. If I don't play it for another minute I've more than gotten my money out of it in the last week alone. The crusader is fun (but needs a lot of buffs and tweaks) and adventure mode is good, too.

Although I've had absolutely terrible luck getting any legendary items. I think I've gotten exactly 1 set item and it was not at level 70. Besides that all the legendary things I've found have been weapons and most of them garbage after I picked up Skorn 2.0.

I can tell you my honest opinion and it's that the expansion is worth every penny.

I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, the expansion should be free as I paid for 1.0 about 2 years ago and I've yet to see it...

A "new" NPC that I interacted with in beta. PvP remains to be a 2 year old joke. 1 or 2 content patches in the last 12 months. A Diablo game that no longer supports trading...

I played the RoS beta. The first day or two was ok as I had been away from the game for a while. After that... Blizzard should be ashamed.

I'd rather blindly donate the price of RoS to Grinding Gear Games, without receiving any compensation, just out of principal.

D3 continues to be seen as an atrocity in the minds of many Diablo vets.