Steve Jobs Has Died

I would hope very much that I wouldn't be willing to put someone else's life on the chopping block like that in order to save my own life, yes. He knew his time had come when he got his pancreatic dx... but he chose to prolong the inevitable, and likely killed someone else in his quest.

Really? You can say that about any donor lists. If you are on the list, somebody under your number "could" die because you were ahead of them and they did not get a transplant in time. The quicker you get things done medically, the better your chances are.

I guess after a few days, I am just sad to see so many people put him on a pedestal.

His company might have been nothing without him, yet he would be nothing without his company too. You can't say it was him and him alone who pushed all of this "revolutionary" technology, it was his team too.

I still don't quite believe this news. I think he's gone into hiding with Elvis and MJ.

I knew this was coming as soon as I read of his liver transplant... It's sad, but I believe it should have happened sooner... No offense to him as a person, but when you have enough money to essentially "buy" your way to the top of a liver donor list, especially considering he was already slowly dying of pancreatic cancer, it was very, very foolish, conceited and just plain mean of him to take that liver from someone who may have needed it more... It could have gone to someone who would have lived for a lot longer, who didn't also have underlying medical conditions which would essentially "kill" any organ he received...

Sad that he died, yes.... I just don't respect the way he kept himself alive as he did... Goes to show you that no matter how hard he tried, money couldn't buy him a cure.

Perhaps we should just ban all cancer sufferers from any treatment ever, just in case their cancer comes back and kills them anyway. We don't want them getting in the way of people who might live longer!