Grand Theft Auto V announced, first trailer on November 2

1. I'm unsure about letting the AI do some of the juicy bits, I would prefer if the missions are designed so that if multiple protags are in on the same job, that only 1 protag would be facing a juicy bit at a time, or at least have the AI just "stay alive" without actually getting past the juicy bit, ready for you to switch onto him to finish his role in the job. In some cases, where multiple protags are engaging in the same task at the same time (eg: shooting at the same enemies) this might be relevant which protag completes the task. For tasks that a dependant on a certain protag to complete a task, maybe a configurable user preference if the player doesn't want the AI to progress the mission on their own?

2. It would also be good if you can choose not to switch protags and do all the boring bits if the player desires, and replay the same mission but from a different angle as the player pleases.

3. It would be great if the story missions can be played as co-op where multiple players can each play as a different protag on the same mission (on missions that involve multiple protags) instead of having any protag played by the AI. I'm sure that they will probably do this.

4. I hope that all the enhancements in TBOGT stay in the game, like being able to replay missions and have mission scores to beat. I'm sure this will carry across also.

I wonder what GTA IV characters will make an appearance. Some people think Patrick McReary because he was seen entering Francis International Airport with his luggage at the end of TBOGT, maybe he's going to Los Santos, or maybe he is just going to Ireland as he has never been before.

Yes this one will be a day one purchase. I did not buy TLAD & TBOGT until this week as I want to get up to date with my GTAs before GTA V. I bought Red Dead Redemption too for good measure, Red Dead looks like a Cowboy & Western version of GTA basically (open world), it's got good reviews & should give a glimpse of what to expect in V.

1. From what I can gather I think the choices guide how the missions play out, so if you choose a certain character the juciest part of the mission plays out for that character.

2. You don't have to switch between characters, it is just giving you a prompt that you can switch if you want to.

3. They are deliberately keeping multiplayer info under wraps, I wouldn't be surprised if there is co-op considering how long its taken them to develop the game.

4. Don't have any thoughts on it, I'm not the kind of person who tries to beat scores or friends scores

5. They have hinted that characters from past games may make an appearance, just not main or important characters, so no Nico, CJ, etc.. but side characters may have cameos.

No, the main characters are Michael, Franklin and Trevor.

From what I read of the article missions are branching, an example they give is that one guy is sat with a chopper, one with a sniper rifle across the way and another is rappelling down the building, you have to save someone so you rappel down and just as you break in you get the option to switch to another character so you could switch to the sniper guy to take out all the enemies.

Then as you rescue the guy and trying to escape you are in a chopper chase, you can either fly the chopper and let the AI shoot, you can jump into the guy with sniper rifle or you can jump into the guy with assault rifle and shoot the choppers down.

Another example they give is during a heist, one guy could be cracking the safe while another could be watching hostages while the third could be watching the door for police.

The possibilities for this kind of gameplay sound amazing.

Dynamic missions from Red Dead are being included in the game, where you are driving about you can trigger little missions like stopping for a hitchhiker or someone broken down on the side of the road.

Sold, Sold, Sold, Sold, Sold................. I thought they might try and play it safe and make the same game as GTA4 but in a different setting, but this is a day one purchase for me.

if this is the case, take my money now Rockstar! Gimme gimme gimme :D

5. They have hinted that characters from past games may make an appearance, just not main or important characters, so no Nico, CJ, etc.. but side characters may have cameos.

And no one from the previous series (except maybe Lazlow).

But, I bet we meet Brucie on Muscle Beach

Also, the screenshots from GameInformer are from the PS3 version.

gUFYP.jpg

OMG I want this now. (and a new pc which can run it :/ :D )

if it comes out on pc. has it been announced cause all I heard so far is ps3 / 360

I'm guessing the release schedule for the PC is most likely going to be December 2013 if we're going by how long it took for GTA IV to hit PC.

Can't see why they'd skip out completely on the PC port - if it was due to engine issues, they mostly solved that by the way RAGE was optimized in Max Payne 3. Plus with the PC version you can pull off hilarious mods like "carmageddon" :D

But I can't wait an extra half year and then miss out on 50% of this thread of you guys discussing the game as you play along. Or who knows, Rockstar might change their minds at the last second.

Rockstar has a long history of screwing over PC gamers so it's no surprise to see them doing the same again here. However, I don't think people will be as forgiving this time around, particularly after the mess that was the PC version of GTAIV. More importantly, if it ends up following a similar timeframe as GTAIV then the PC version will be released towards the end of the year, by which time it will be competing with Watchdogs - a multi-platform title that was announced for the PC from the get-go.

I really don't think that Rockstar is a credible developer any more, not after Max Payne 3 which was more an interactive movie than a game. I've still yet to complete it because the gameplay got a bit tedious and the pre-rendered cutscenes were of such pathetically low quality on the PC. When you play at 2560x1600 @60fps with anti-aliasing and you then get thrown into a cutscene at 1280x720 @30fps with low resolution textures and no anti-aliasing you REALLY notice it - at first I thought the game was actually broken it looked that bad.

when rockstar ports this to PC, i hope they dont cripple the release like 4 with live and rockstart social. they are a painin the ass to deal with

Had no problem with them when I purchased a retail copy. With Steam on the other hand, I do have a problem with the game(s).

Purchased the collection a few days ago when it was on sale just to have the games in my Steam collection and support the developer a bit more... but to this day, I still can't play 4 and Episodes from Liberty City. Steam doesn't give me the CD KEY for GTA 4 (always gives me "Failed to contact key server" error) and the one that it gave me for EFLC isn't valid.

Opened a support ticket on the 9th and still no answer from them.

I really don't think that Rockstar is a credible developer any more, not after Max Payne 3 which was more an interactive movie than a game.

What on Earth are talking about??

How exactly was Max Payne 3 "more an interactive movie than a game"??

I really don't think that Rockstar is a credible developer any more, not after Max Payne 3 which was more an interactive movie than a game.

I felt the same about Max Payne 3 (was like the character was on a railway track and all you did was pull the trigger once in a while), but that was just the style the game went for. Is the first Rockstar game I've felt really disappointed with so I wouldn't say it effects their credibility at all. As for the issues you experience... I know it isn't a popular opinion round here, but that is what you get with PC games. I learnt that they were more trouble than they are worth a few years ago now.

Anyway, really looking forward to GTA V. GTA IV wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Down to the location IMHO as I didn't like GTA 3 much either.

img

+ 10 more @ http://imgur.com/a/g2op5

lot more screens from IGN here http://www.reddit.co...grandtheftautov

img

Want. It. Now. :|

Now think about how big would be the map if they make whole san andreas with these sizes... That GTA would be the perfect (and probably 100+ GB :laugh: ).

Want. It. Now. :|

Now think about how big would be the map if they make whole san andreas with these sizes... That GTA would be the perfect (and probably 100+ GB :laugh: ).

GTA5 map is bigger than San Andreas map........