Grand Theft Auto V announced, first trailer on November 2

at least its looking good already, I am surprised after 4 (which i have never played) that they are still going with such a beautiful world.

Considering GTA has been, since GTA 3, primarily a console game, that would make sense don't you think? I could not care less about a pc version of the game. The Xbox 360 provides almost all of the gaming power I need.

Amen brother!

I don't think it's going to be entire of San Andreas. It looks like it's just Los Santos... except much much bigger obviously. Look insanely good though.

It is multiple cities. Trust me :p

GRAND THEFT AUTO V Official Announcement

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Looks like it'll be CJ again? I saw the frame of what looked like him running from the helicopter. I hope so. He's the one character IMO you actually got attached to.

the guy talking in the beginning sounds like Tommy Vercetti, so I'm not too sure about that.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V Official Announcement

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

I'm glad that they didn't do a full scale San Andreas, I think that would have been too much, and this way it leaves more room for future instalments.

I'm glad that they didn't do a full scale San Andreas, I think that would have been too much.

They did do a full scale San Andreas. They confirmed it to some other gaming site that it contains the vegas and San Francisco type cities that the original SA had. Just now it's modern day.

I'm glad that they didn't do a full scale San Andreas, I think that would have been too much.

It's too early to tell if it's just Los Santos or the entirety of San Andreas. Note the phrase 'in the largest and most ambitious game'.

Dear Rockstar North, some more details about the game would be great. Thank you in advance.

They say "present day Southern California", so I don't think San Francisco and Las Vegas will be included since they are not in Southern California. That being said, what was shown in the trailer looks good enough. There is no doubt Los Santos will be bigger than the San Andreas counterpart, just like Liberty City from GTA 3 to the Liberty City in GTA 4. I'm hoping that there are some small towns in the countryside area. Maybe they could add San Fierro and Las Venturas in a DLC.

To the person that mentioned that the voice over from the trailer sounded like Tommy Vercetti, that would be very interesting if they brought that character back, but considering Vice City took place in the 80s, if they didn't ignore that storyline, Tommy would be very close to his 60s (if not in his 60s), so I'm not so sure, but it would be interesting. Either way, I can't wait for this. San Andreas was my favorite GTA game, and I'm glad they're going back.

To the person that mentioned that the voice over from the trailer sounded like Tommy Vercetti, that would be very interesting if they brought that character back, but considering Vice City took place in the 80s, if they didn't ignore that storyline, Tommy would be very close to his 60s (if not in his 60s), so I'm not so sure, but it would be interesting. Either way, I can't wait for this. San Andreas was my favorite GTA game, and I'm glad they're going back.

Tommy playing Granddad mobster will be fun. Just like Arnie starring in T3 :)

The return of Vercetti would be awesome!

I really do hope they do all the cities. Each city had a different feel to them. It's not like the commute was bad either. Just grab a jet and you are across the whole map in 2 minutes lol.

I am disappointed only one city out of the original San Andreas is featured. Nonetheless, I think it is going to be great game. After viewing the trailer, I think the GTA flair, which was so much missing in GTA IV, will return.

It is multiple cities. Trust me :p

not really...

Announcing that the game is "in full development," the game's publisher confirmed that GTA V would take place in "the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches." The firm said the game is "the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created".

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1211494p1.html