Photo

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

official counter-strike global offensive hidden path entertainment steam valve source pc ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#16 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 22:29

Wouldn't really call the graphics "fancy." They're pretty keeping with how the series has traditionally looked.

Not in the Farcry sense, don't get me? :/

I just mean that the graphics got better.
I know it's ridiculous to ask for staying with CS:S quality, and actually I'm not calling for it, just saying... :D

You know..?

Glassed Silver:mac

#17 Holey

Holey

IT Support

• 440 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 22:34

I am very much keen for this game

#18 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 22:58

*watches the whole interview*
*drools*

#19 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,218 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 02 December 2011 - 00:38

Some of them are bots which explains why a few of them barely even shoot at him.

Ahh, not sure if they said that in the video as I watched it at work with no volume, but that explains it completely.

#20 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 22 February 2012 - 20:41

Last week we launched the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta by giving 7,000 keys to current CSS and CS 1.6 players. Monday 2,000 keys went out to community sites around the world.

Today we are opening up our online survey to everyone. The next keys will be sent on the basis of this survey. If you don’t fill it out, you won’t be getting a key.
Over the coming months we will make selections from the survey participants. Sometimes we might add experienced players, other times new players. Sometimes 1.6 players, sometimes CSS players, sometimes people who have played neither.

There are no wrong answers to the survey questions.

Make sure to fill out the survey today; next week we will make our first selection from the survey.

We will also continue to give gift keys to active CS:GO beta players to share with their friends. Earning these keys is easy, hit quick match and play CS:GO.

Check back later this week for our analysis on the recoil change and a new update this Friday.

In case you missed it – here is a link to the survey.

From Valve's CS blog

To those interested in getting into the beta, personally I can wait until release, but really starting to get excited about this game.

#21 Fuzed Mind

Fuzed Mind

Neowinian

• 79 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:06

Just finished up the survey a few minutes ago. Battlefield and Call of Duty are getting quite stale and I'm hoping this game will be just the fix I need.

#22 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,567 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:11

About time they came out with a new version!!!!!

#23 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:01

From Valve's CS blog To those interested in getting into the beta, personally I can wait until release, but really starting to get excited about this game.

Thanks for the heads up. I knew about the survey but it slipped my mind recently. I really hope I get a beta key. Out of all the games I've played in my life, I spent the most time playing Counter-Strike 1.6.

#24 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:04

Just finished up the survey a few minutes ago. Battlefield and Call of Duty are getting quite stale and I'm hoping this game will be just the fix I need.

CS has infinite playability I find, if not just for the main gameplay but for the mods and custom maps. That's what Valve games are good for, and what kept me in CS:S until I got TF2.

#25 Fuzed Mind

Fuzed Mind

Neowinian

• 79 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 15:17

CS has infinite playability I find, if not just for the main gameplay but for the mods and custom maps. That's what Valve games are good for, and what kept me in CS:S until I got TF2.

I played the original for years up till 1.6 and stopped just a few years ago. I never liked CS:S and I'm hoping this game strikes a balance between Source and 1.6.

#26 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:03

I played the original for years up till 1.6 and stopped just a few years ago. I never liked CS:S and I'm hoping this game strikes a balance between Source and 1.6.

Same here. I tried to get into CS:S but I couldn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed CS 1.6. None of my CS 1.6 friends liked it too.

#27 kawasabi

kawasabi

Neowinian

• 681 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:09

Hope it still has the CS feeling.

#28 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:06

Anyone happen to get in that'd like to share their gift key? :)

Today we added 5,000 players to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta.
Our selection criteria this round was simple – we chose a group of players who represented the full range of survey responses. This way, everyone who filled out the survey had a chance to get access to the beta. The recipients will get the game added to their library and a key to gift to a friend.

The survey has been a great success so far, and we are seeing a wide range of players and skill levels. We will use the survey data to drive future selections as we continue to build the beta size in the coming months.
The best way to get into the beta is simple, fill out the survey (this will launch steam).

Source: http://blog.counter-...2012/02/5000-2/

#29 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 00:35

Double post, but I see no one has posted this yet. Also, if anyone has any gift keys keep me in mind. :D

Arsenal Mode

Today we are releasing the first Arsenal: Demolition map into the beta. Along with the new mode and map, there are numerous bug fixes and graphical updates. The complete release notes can be found here.

Arsenal Demolition is a fast paced mix of bomb planting and gun progression. There are no buy menus, you start with a rifle and if you get a kill that round – you get a progressively weaker weapon in the next round.
After 5 rounds the sides switch and you do it again, for a total of 10 rounds.

This mode is based on the Gun Game mod. The traditional version of Gun Game will appear later in CS:GO as Arsenal: Arms Race.

Special thanks to the GG Team for all their help.

We are also adding 10,000 more players into the beta today.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/

#30 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:11

It's obviously just me, but I really don't get the point of reinventing CS again, for the third time. I mean 1.6 is still played competitively, I just watched some of the IEM matches the other day and that's a massive tournament with something like $35k going to the winning team.

I played the hell of CS 1.6 and that game is still alive and kicking, so again I'm not sure why they are trying to remake it? I guess that's my question.