Who has given more to the world of technology?

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who has given more to the world of technology?

• Apple
    • Microsoft

IF we are talking companies, anyone who says apple has the rose tinted glasses on, as they really only pioneered portable digital music jumped on the back of napsters demise and worked out how to con people to really pay through the nose for it, to compare hardware, you'd need to include Sony as they came out with the Walkman first.

Microsoft wins it out of the two purely because they brought the "OS" to the masses via business. Arguments about who had the pointy arrow first are stupid because Microsoft made it work and remains by far the dominant force to this day.

However going back to my original point, Sony (even though i dont really like them) really should best the two of them and be included as well as they have brought the Walkman as mentioned above, Hifi, TV's and the entire Playstation line to the average joe.

Truely technology on a massive scale.

As for an individual, Tim Berners-Lee for inventing the modern equivalent of the wheel - the Internet - without which Apple/Microsoft etc would still be making crap terminals.

Wow, adore how this thread derails (in terms of staying within the options) :p

Glassed Silver:mac

Why? I was going to say aliens and governments :shiftyninja: :alien:

The aliens are the government, didn't you know that? :D

But I would have to say Microsoft, simply put they did create DOS, and then went on to create Windows, so I think that even though Apple has come a long way, MS still comes out on top.

Es ist eine Katastrophe!

Inb4 the mods :shiftyninja:

Let me translate it, so we comply with "English only" (let's interpret this as translated is okay, too):

"It's a catastrophe!"

And yea, but a darn funny one!

This thread is full of win, how most participate in the derailing! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac