Need advice - trade for Macbook Pro

I am wanting to get a Macbook Pro. I have, right now, a ASUS Republic of Gamers 17" i7 8GB RAM, 1 TB (2x500GB) HD, hdmi, vga, dvd/cdrw, 1 x USB 3, 3 USB 2.0, wireless, ethernet, SD card reader.

I have a guy who has a 17" 2009 Macbook Pro. However it is dual core. Is this worth the trade? I'm kind of leary because I do like to play some games, like Modern Warfare 3, and SWTOR/WOW. I'm just wandering how these games would play, through bootcamp obviously, on the macbook pro.

Any advice? I do value you guys advice a lot.

Thanks!

Your Asus blows that MacBook Pro out of the water. Your CPU alone is at least 2 generations ahead of the C2D in the Mac, and the video card in that Mac was already "behind the times" when it was released. I think you will be sorely disappointed if you make that trade.

Go to mac2sell.net and look up for the value of his MacBook Pro.

In terms of specs, your current computer is miles ahead. It depends on how much you paid for it and when, and how much your friend paid for it and when. And what comes with it.

Those games you listed, will run fine on Macbook.

But I really don't see a reason to jump ship. I mean, is there something wrong with your current one?

The laptop that you currently have is miles ahead of that Macbook.