iPad 3 Said to Have High-Def Screen, LTE

Yes, LTE-Advanced is what proper 4G networks will be using. LTE on the other hand is a 3G tech, so I don't think it makes much sense to start rolling out LTE now, when LTE-Advanced tech is being released too.

two regional companies opt-in for 'LTE' lanuch in Q1 of this year , the third one said "when the time is right ,we would make announcement" guess they intend to 4G Adv.

at any rate is there minor hardware difference between the two network ,so it is relatively easy to switch to the later , no?

it will likely be 2048x1536, that way with double the resolution it will be easier for app developers to change their apps, this is what they did with retina in iphone 4.

Exactly.

I can bet if they do retina they will double it so its easier for developers to make bigger graphics and not worry about changed ratio or other mess.

they would just need to make double the size resources. and for those that dont (old apps) they will scale automatically and will work perfectly. Just like on the iphone 4

Does anyone here actually have the 3G iPad? I'm wondering how much the 3G is actually used, or if most people get by with the wifi only model.

All the 3000 or so Sales Reps in my company have the 3G models. They are always on the road, use the iPad as a sales aid, and sometimes they are just in situations that WiFi is not available.

So while the average person has no need for 3G enabled iPads, there is an example of the type of people who do, which is why they exist.

two regional companies opt-in for 'LTE' lanuch in Q1 of this year , the third one said "when the time is right ,we would make announcement" guess they intend to 4G Adv.

at any rate is there minor hardware difference between the two network ,so it is relatively easy to switch to the later , no?

There is compatibility (LTE-Advanced just being a newer revision that meets the 4G requirements), but I'm not sure exactly how much there is (Pretty sure an LTE phone will work on an LTE-Advanced network, but I'm not sure if an LTE-Advanced phone will run on a LTE network unless it explicitly supports both specs)

probably something like 2xxx by 1xxx

Max 1920x1080 or similar.. even that will be super tiny and probably unreadable so I doubt it... 2560x1600 ish would be unusable on a tablet screen..

I don't buy the retina rumour. The whole point of that seemed to be to increase the resolution available on small screens like the iPod and iPhone. 1024x768 is fine for the iPad, especially when you consider that Apple still only deliver 720p content on the iTunes store.

Max 1920x1080 or similar.. even that will be super tiny and probably unreadable so I doubt it... 2560x1600 ish would be unusable on a tablet screen..

Remember that the content will be displayed at the same physical size, the only difference is that it will be clearer (Since the density is higher).

Does anyone here actually have the 3G iPad? I'm wondering how much the 3G is actually used, or if most people get by with the wifi only model.

I have the 3G 64GB model, with about 1GB left space wise. But I could have gotten the Wifi Version with no difference ( got the 3G version incase I actually did need it, so far it's unactivated since the iPad came out

In b4 Mephistopheles shouting: Join the dark side.

I apparently received an 3G iPad. I wil never use its 3G capabilities.