Microsoft OneNote Now Available for Android

Microsoft is at it again ? no, it?s not another new patent lawsuit ? instead, they?re bringing OneNote to Android devices in their all new application launching on the Market today. Microsoft OneNote is one of many note taking apps for Android, the key benefit here is Microsoft is looking at users who are already using the desktop software, allowing them to sync and take their notes with them on-the-go using SkyDrive.

unnamed-4.jpeg unnamed-3.jpeg

Standard note taking features can be found like typing out text, pictures, bullet points and check boxes. But there?s a catch ? users are only allowed to store and edit up to 500 notes at which point you?ll have to pony up the cash in an in-app purchase for unlimited use.

Seems Microsoft is banking on the fact that maybe not everyone in the world has heard of more robust and full featured note taking apps like EverNote, Springboard or Catch. Still, if you want to give it a test run, you can find the app for free right now in the Android Market.

[Market Link]

http://phandroid.com...le-for-android/

That's excellent news, i'll forward this info onto a few people that are definately interested. Cheers for the heads up, lets hope to see more from Microsoft on Android soon! (Y)

Awesome :) great news indeed. Not to mention this release was done by MS themselves this time (the Hotmail and Messenger apps were done partnered with a third party developer). Hope to see more MS apps on Android in the future :happy:

EDIT: Just noticed MS have made a few apps for Android now, cool! (Y)

I use this all the time on my Windows Phone, nice to see Android getting it as well.

It's free :s

Only for 500 notes and then you have to pay for unlimited usage.

Yeah, but Evernote on the other side doesn't cache notes for offline viewing in the free version, so when I don't have an internet connection, I don't have access to my notes.

If you have more than 500 notes, you need to organise your life better :p

Or get a calendar!

If you have more than 500 notes, you need to organise your life better :p

Or get a calendar!

True but I would hope that a student, the demographic that OneNote is aimed at, would be taking more than 500 notes, wouldn't you?

I'm becoming more and more addicted to OneNote. Using it on my iPad and PC as well! :)

The app itself is excellent, and if it cost a few bucks to get unlimited I think it's worth it.