Apple Sues Kodak, Takes Advantage of Film Giant's Poor Position

Oh I get it.. my posts are troll posts.. but your opinions and rants are totally legit right?

I get that how it works in the minds of fanboys.

Then you know how your mind works too. :)

Oh I get it.. my posts are troll posts.. but your opinions and rants are totally legit right?

Totally makes sense. I'm sure people like you are simply unable to put up with other people's opinions and comments. You only like those that go with your own perceived reality.

Well if anyone has an intricate understanding of the mind of a fanboy, it'd definitely be you.

Geez guys, how sad that you argue over 2 companies like this? A forum is a place to have a serious discussion and not hold a riot.... Take a stroll down the street and calm down!

• Like 1

Totally makes sense. I'm sure people like you are simply unable to put up with other people's opinions and comments. You only like those that go with your own perceived reality.

No I am able to put up with other peoples comments, if they are backed up by facts or logical. Yours are not. You spout off lies and bs about most things, You made it hard to actually believe the things you say that are true. You did that to yourself.

Geez guys, how sad that you argue over 2 companies like this? A forum is a place to have a serious discussion and not hold a riot.... Take a stroll down the street and calm down!

Yeah but it sure is funny!

No I am able to put up with other peoples comments, if they are backed up by facts or logical. Yours are not. You spout off lies and bs about most things, You made it hard to actually believe the things you say that are true. You did that to yourself.

I almost always post sources behind my claims. It is you and a few others who are so defensive about Apple and can't see what Apple does is disgusting and are the ones who spout nonsense and opinions and not facts.

There is a reason why a majority of people hates Apple.

I almost always post sources behind my claims.

...so, uh...

Source? :p

Anyway, I just don't get it. When other companies try and use their patent portfolios in court against Apple, it's totally justified and any fighting from Apple is just whining. When Apple tries to assert their portfolio against their infringing competitors, they're just being anti-competitive *******s and they should always lose. Double standard much?

Screw Apple, now the true face of Apple has been exposed.. I used to be neutral on Apple but no more. F- Apple.

I totally agree. This is just another reason to not use Apple junk. If they don't get their way like a big baby then they sue and use money to persuade the courts to be in their favor.

I see this getting tossed out. Why would Apple wait 20 years to sue Kodak if this was that important to them. Just sounds like Apple is tossing its weight around...again.

Yeah, it does seem like strange timing...

I tend to be on the defensive because so many people are on the offensive. If you don't like Apple so much, why do you bring so much attention to then? I'm different in that if I don't like a particular company for some reason, I generally just ignore them and news about them. I definitely wouldn't be so irresponsible as to post segments of a story in order to bolster other people against something. That would be dishonest, and that is what you did.

Not at all. If you read my comment history you will see that I'm typically defensive or tend to take the position of a devil's advocate no matter who is being trolled. I've actively defended Google, Microsoft, and Apple against this kind of non-sense trolling.

I tend to be on the defensive because so many people are on the offensive. If you don't like Apple so much, why do you bring so much attention to then? I'm different in that if I don't like a particular company for some reason, I generally just ignore them and news about them. I definitely wouldn't be so irresponsible as to post segments of a story in order to bolster other people against something. That would be dishonest, and that is what you did.

You do understand that I didn't write the article right? I just posted it as any other pro Apple article that gets posted. I don't see you having issues with those.

I almost always post sources behind my claims. It is you and a few others who are so defensive about Apple and can't see what Apple does are the ones who spout nonsens and opinions and not facts.

No you don't lol. Example: You said on the first page "Keep in mind that Apple just with anything else, claims it has invented digital camera", when apple did not claim that nor have they ever.

I am not defensive against apple. It may seem like I am defensive, but it is because you are here spouting off nonsense. Do you think I like it when one company sues another because of a shi*y patent system? No I don't.

Stop being a fanboy and don't avoid my posts when I call your lies out.

Majority of people hate Apple = they post one of the best bottom lines of any company in the world, ever.

They rank as the Numero Uno in customer satisfaction year after year, despite getting a small army of normal everyday folk as their customers and not hardcore fanboys.

I can clearly see the logic in claiming they're the most hated company. Oh wait.

Anyway, I just don't get it. When other companies try and use their patent portfolios in court against Apple, it's totally justified and any fighting from Apple is just whining.

If you actually followed most of the cases you would realize that this is how it works. Apple sues the competition trying to prevent them on account of bogus patents like slide to unlock, rounded rectangles and other "prior art" patents that we can only imagine how they even got them (my guess is money) and then the others sue back.

If you don't see who started all this mess in general then you are not looking hard enough.

It's very simple.. Apple is trying to sue pretty much everyone trying to ban their products, not to force them to license, but to outright kill the competition. Others simply defend themselves. Not a single lawsuit that was started against Apple was to ban their products but to pursue stuff they just used without patenting or as a response to war Apple started. I mean this is already well know as we know what Apple stance is against competition. Everyone is stealing from them, they invented everything and they want to destroy competition like Android or anyone who affects their bottom line.

But I guess I can imagine why you can't see anything wrong with this.

Motorola's patents Apple infringed on are one very good example. They were offered fair licensing several times and they didn't pay and decided to use it in their products and that's a completely valid reason to sue them. This is the type of approach and business practice Apple employs in most of their actions in terms of just borrowing stuff they feel they can.

They are even worse today because they have a lot of money and they can deliberately do it and then go to court and just abuse the legal system in an attempt to drain the other side. In the end, their costs even if they lose will be less than what they steal.

It's a business tactic they didn't invent, but hugely use and is extremely unethical.

I'd like a source on this please. :)

Read the article. I was just addressing the part of that article.

Read the article. I was just addressing the part of that article.

I see in the article where Apple claims that they worked with Kodak on a digital camera, and claim that Kodak then patented it on their own.

I don't see where they take sole credit for the invention of the digital camera.

I see in the article where Apple claims that they worked with Kodak on a digital camera, and claim that Kodak then patented it on their own.

I don't see where they take sole credit for the invention of the digital camera.

Reading comprehension.

Apple had claimed before that it created a digital camera in the 1990's along with Kodak

This sentence means they CREATED the digital camera along with Kodak meaning simply that they claim they created a digital camera.

Reading comprehension.

This sentence means they CREATED the digital camera along with Kodak meaning simply that they claim they created a digital camera.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed out loud in class right now and people are looking at me funny.

YOUR TWISTING THE WORDS AROUND!!! It says APPLE CREATED A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH KODAK! There is nothing else to it. They created one with Kodak and Kodak went and patented it.

Majority of people hate Apple = they post one of the best bottom lines of any company in the world, ever.

They rank as the Numero Uno in customer satisfaction year after year, despite getting a small army of normal everyday folk as their customers and not hardcore fanboys.

I can clearly see the logic in claiming they're the most hated company. Oh wait.

They are getting that way. I think it's an American culture thing. Always root for the underdog (everybody hated Microsoft and loved Apple when Microsoft was much bigger), but when the underdog makes good then people turn on them and root for a new underdog.

Doesn't matter about bottom line (although apple's profit margins are seriously excessive) etc. It's about whether you've made it or not. If you have then people will hate you (although in Apples case, going out and sueing everybody doesn't help at all).

Same parallels for rich people. A lot start of average, work very hard and become rich. When they are average/poor people root for them and hope their endevours make it. When they do finally make it and become rich, people hate them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed out loud in class right now and people are looking at me funny.

YOUR TWISTING THE WORDS AROUND!!! It says APPLE CREATED A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH KODAK! There is nothing else to it. They created one with Kodak and Kodak went and patented it.

Meaning they claim they invented the digital camera. Logic escapes you.

Motorola's patents Apple infringed on are one very good example. They were offered fair licensing several times and they didn't pay and decided to use it in their products and that's a completely valid reason to sue them. This is the type of approach and business practice Apple employs in most of their actions in terms of just borrowing stuff they feel they can.

Actually it's a terrible example.

1. FRAND

2. Apple was already licensed to use the tech through the tire party they bought the chips from. The case is a dead no go case.

Err, not, just that they worked together to create A digital camera. Or specifically, THE digital camera they where working on together.

Yes. They claim that the created it with Kodak. I guess that works with your original claim.

I take it that you disagree with their claim. Do you have a source that disagrees with Apple's claim?

Actually it's a terrible example.

1. FRAND

2. Apple was already licensed to use the tech through the tire party they bought the chips from. The case is a dead no go case.

Err, not, just that they worked together to create A digital camera. Or specifically, THE digital camera they where working on together.

1. Yes, FRAND.. Motorola offered them fair terms under FRAND and Apple chose not to do it.

2. The Qualcomm licensing is a moot point and Motorola I believe lost on that one but they won the other 2 patents in regard to GPRS that Apple infringed on and just used.

And again, no.. Kodak invented digital camera as we know it today and owns the patents. It's not one specific model they just happened to be working on with Apple. That's the difference.

Apple claims that it invented A digital camera along with Kodak and thus created a digital camera technology.

Yes. They claim that the created it with Kodak. I guess that works with your original claim.

I take it that you disagree with their claim. Do you have a source that disagrees with Apple's claim?

Do you have proof that it's true what they Apple is claiming?

We all know what this is about.. patents to fight Android. They want those patents that Kodak has in order to lay down more lawsuits trying to ban Android devices. It can't be any clearer than that.

1. Yes, FRAND.. Motorola offered them fair terms under FRAND and Apple chose not to do it.

2. The Qualcomm licensing is a moot point and Motorola I believe lost on that one but they won the other 2 patents in regard to GPRS that Apple infringed on and just used.

And again, no.. Kodak invented digital camera as we know it today and owns the patents. It's not one specific model they just happened to be working on with Apple. That's the difference.

Apple claims that it invented A digital camera along with Kodak and thus created a digital camera technology.

Do you have proof that it's true what they Apple is claiming?

We all know what this is about.. patents to fight Android. They want those patents that Kodak has in order to lay down more lawsuits trying to ban Android devices. It can't be any clearer than that.

So your argument is that, apple is going to claim they created the digital camera because they did, along with Kodak..... Umm ok...

So your argument is that, apple is going to claim they created the digital camera because they did, along with Kodak..... Umm ok...

I think Boz has a point, ultimately they want Android to be wiped off the map