Installing the Windows 8 Consumer Preview from a USB flash drive?

Yeah do it just like you did with Windows 7.

Use the USB/DVD tool as it mentions here:

http://preview.windows.com/

How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview from an ISO image

The easiest way to convert an ISO file to a DVD in Windows 7 is to use Windows Disc Image Burner. On a PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista, a third-party program is required to convert an ISO file into installable media?and DVD burning software often includes this capability. One option is the USB/DVD download tool provided by the Microsoft Store. You can also download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup, which includes tools that allow you to create a DVD or USB flash drive from an ISO file (Windows Vista or Windows 7 required).

• Like 1

I used the tool and created a bootable USB drive and it worked like a charm. Install was pretty fast, but it changes the boot manager, so mind this.

i cannot get ti to start the install. i am usinf my thumb drive but it is only 4 gig, is it true that i need need 8 gig?

i cannot get ti to start the install. i am usinf my thumb drive but it is only 4 gig, is it true that i need need 8 gig?

check the boot order in your bios to make sure the usb device is selected. Also, plug the usb drive directly into the computer and not in a usb pci card or power usb hub

my pc is connected to my hdtv but i cannot gain access to the special screen that shows this, i guess i have to get a extra monitor to get this to work. thanks...

check the boot order in your bios to make sure the usb device is selected. Also, plug the usb drive directly into the computer and not in a usb pci card or power usb hub