6 posts in this topic

Posted

CHICAGO (CBS)

Posted

>_> religious fruits...

Posted

The worst part of this is not that she got expelled but got detention for asking questions. Why is there even a teacher in the classroom if you are not allowed to ask questions? Just replace them all with a video and save some money...
Asking questions and discussing problems in THE most important thing in education.

Posted

[quote name='SPEhosting' timestamp='1331169469' post='594713568']
>_> religious fruits...[/quote]

Not the cause as this crap happens in secular schools too.

More and more we see principals and administrators who are not teachers but MSA's (Master of School Administration, or equivalent), and are intoned with the "No Tolerance" policies that cause this kind of crap.

My wife's a 35+ year teacher who's about ready to strangle the next one that even hints at pulling this kind of stunt.

Posted

I'm hearing impaired myself and I was in this kind of situation in year 6 (in 1994). This **** of a teacher failed to accomodate for me, despite advice from my parents and the special needs unit. Thanks to her, I had to repeat year 6 again but with a different teacher and I was able to advance. I've seen her 2 years ago at shopping and she is still her old self. dis-respectiful to disabled people. Irony is her husband is a minister for emergency housing.

So I can understand this girl situation but why didn't she request an signing interpreter? I had at least 2 each year. They interpret in sign language what the teacher or the class is saying and ensures the disabiled girl/boy is not missing out or confused.

Posted

What kills me is that teachers, admins and principals somehow think they're exempt from the Americans with Disabilities Act - which of course they aren't. Crazy stupid.