Best battery saver for Android?

I have a Motorola cliq 2 and currently use juice defender for my battery, but I was wondering if there is something better then that or what anyone could suggest?

turn off gps when you're not navving. and also reduce the amount of apps that sync in the background.

Turn off features that you're not using. Shut off the WIFI radio when there's no access point around, for example. Turn off the bluetooth if you don't need it.

Reduce the screen brightness as much as you can while still being comfortable.

Disable "automatic brightness" and reduce to a comfortable setting.

Disable WiFi/GPS/Bluetooth (as necessary)

Disable haptic feedback, vibrate, blinking LED notifications

Reduce syncing apps or change sync frequency

Switch from WCDMA only (3G) to something more conservative like 2G/Edge or PRL (auto) mode

Disable animations

There's probably more but I can't think of them at the moment.

[snipped]

This is not the jokes section.

Not sure why everyone complains about their battery life. These tips that have been posted I imagine are obvious and you are already doing them.....(I do them and I get 3 days plus out of my HTC, non stock ROM)

Edited by John S.

On my Optimus slider, I can get a solid 3 days on a single charge after training the battery (charge it fully, drain it fully, rinse, repeat) and using Juice Defender Ultimate while leaving brightness all the way down and WiFi/3g off by default. When I first got the phone, I would barely get a single day out of it; training the battery really helps.

[snipped]

That will not solve his problem. There are a number of things that i would say about iPhone, but we are not here to discuss other devices.

Anyways, have juice defender manage everything and for the sync features, turn off anything that you don't want synced, but for those that you do want to use, just set a longer duration so it will check less often. check here for more info http://www.juicedefe...rview/#profiles . hope this helps. I can usually get around 3 and a half days on my Phone but if i use it alot, then two days.

Edited by John S.

JuiceDefender Ultimate.

I have this installed.

I'm not amazingly convinced it does any good but I get between two and three days worth out of mine.

I disable WiFi (unless I am updating various things using my home WiFi).

I lower the brightness (to the lowest value on my Galaxy Nexus).

Apps update once every 2 hours.

GPS is turned off unless I am using Google Maps.

I have 3G enabled though.

I also try not to play graphically intense games on it. GTA3? Yeah... it's a PC game :p

Pretty much what others have suggested.

I have this installed.

I'm not amazingly convinced it does any good but I get between two and three days worth out of mine.

I disable WiFi (unless I am updating various things using my home WiFi).

I lower the brightness (to the lowest value on my Galaxy Nexus).

Apps update once every 2 hours.

GPS is turned off unless I am using Google Maps.

I have 3G enabled though.

I also try not to play graphically intense games on it. GTA3? Yeah... it's a PC game :p

Pretty much what others have suggested.

Don't know why you'd disable WiFi, unless you're not in a WiFi zone. It uses much less battery than the data (3G/LTE) radios. Not to mention WiFi (home internet) should blow past 3G, but maybe not LTE (depending on your connection)

Yeah pretty much common knowledge that a stable Wifi connection uses less power than 3G etc. So where possible and if you have a steady connection you should always try and use Wifi. There is an option in JD Ultimate to learn certain locations and turn your Wifi on if it knows you are close to a recognised spot.

seems to be saving battery better. I basically let it die and just charge it when going to bed and did some re configuring with JD WiFi I already had turned off from the start because of the part in town gets nothing that's well not secured. GPS is off since I don't really use it much at all. Thank you for the replies. Feel free to keep it going for others if you want, makes no difference to me.

Don't know why you'd disable WiFi, unless you're not in a WiFi zone. It uses much less battery than the data (3G/LTE) radios. Not to mention WiFi (home internet) should blow past 3G, but maybe not LTE (depending on your connection)

No stable connection unless I am at home. Even then I'll only connect it when I want to actually do something significant. If it;s just checking an email, I'll use 3G data.

There is an option in JD Ultimate to learn certain locations and turn your Wifi on if it knows you are close to a recognised spot.

Thanks. I'll take a look for this.

Not sure if it'll be good though as I work close to where I live. I know it can set it at certain times but as a shift worker, that'll be useless too :p

seems to be saving battery better. I basically let it die and just charge it when going to bed and did some re configuring with JD WiFi I already had turned off from the start because of the part in town gets nothing that's well not secured. GPS is off since I don't really use it much at all. Thank you for the replies. Feel free to keep it going for others if you want, makes no difference to me.

Letting your battery run totally dry is only asking for a replacement that much sooner. I let mine get between 10-20%, then i charge it up to 100%(not in a hot environment as that will reduce the lifespan). The way i do it will make it last as long as possible and go the longest between charges.

Letting your battery run totally dry is only asking for a replacement that much sooner. I let mine get between 10-20%, then i charge it up to 100%(not in a hot environment as that will reduce the lifespan). The way i do it will make it last as long as possible and go the longest between charges.

If you're talking about memory effect in lithium-ion batteries, it doesn't exist. So, there is no harm in running the "battery dry" then charging it. That is one advantage of lithium-ion batteries.

If you're talking about memory effect in lithium-ion batteries, it doesn't exist. So, there is no harm in running the "battery dry" then charging it. That is one advantage of lithium-ion batteries.

I still wouldn't run the battery completely dry. The "What if" is what i am concerned with. If you'd like to point to an article which explains that in greater detail, i would be interested in it. A complete understanding is what i am after.

I never ever had any luck with conditioning the battery by draining/charging. Never noticed any increased battery life. Best thing I did for my Samsung Vibrant was to buy a 1800mah battery. Also providing custom roms/kernels have helped as well.

No need to do anything on my GNEX. So far, all I have done is rooted the phone. Everything else is stock and battery life is not a problem.