ICS available now for Galaxy S II in Europe and Korea

samsung-ics.jpg

It's official -- The Samsung Galaxy S II is getting the Ice Cream Sandwich starting today in parts of Europe and Korea. Folks in Poland, Hungary, Sweden, and Korea should soon see the OTA update they have been waiting for. Samsung also states that the update will roll out in other markets gradually, and to expect ICS for the Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II LTE, and Tab 10.1 and8.9 versions "soon".

Of course for those who have a carrier branded Galaxy S II, "the availability and scheduling of the software update and specific models upgradable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and wireless carriers? requirements". In other words, we're at the mercy of folks at Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile here in the U.S. Hopefully we'll soon hear something specific. If we do, you all will be the first to know.

http://www.androidce...urope-and-korea

I just picked up a Tab on the weekend and egarly await me some ICS

Wait, I thought the SGSII was never going to get the ICS update?!?! /s

Seriously, wont be long before all SGSII phones will get the update. Glad to see Samsung working to get the updates out there.

Still waiting on announcement for Canada. What about devices that aren't with a cell provider?

As in the original devices? Those are getting it now, cell providers are the ones that slow it down. The GT-I9100 is getting it's updates, Bell I think has the GT-I9100M which is the samething anyways, so it should be compatible there as well, double check on XDA first however.

As in the original devices? Those are getting it now, cell providers are the ones that slow it down. The GT-I9100 is getting it's updates, Bell I think has the GT-I9100M which is the samething anyways, so it should be compatible there as well, double check on XDA first however.

I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi (GT-P7510) and I've checked for updates and there still isn't one. I can wait though, no rusg but I would like it. I'd rather get the official release where I still have warranty on the device.

Just looking at that picture in the OP, it looks no different than GB with Touchwiz

the picture in the OP is gingerbread and not ICS.... its just the image of phone.... no one knew how ICS on SG S2 look before this release.

no one knew how ICS on SG S2 look before this release

Nonsense. I'd played with leaks of official builds (not hacked roms). It feels pretty much the same as GB.

the picture in the OP is gingerbread and not ICS.... its just the image of phone.... no one knew how ICS on SG S2 look before this release.

i tried Samsung leaked roms, it look the same except for the improved browser + new lock screen + Face unlock(was it called that?). that is about it.

would love it if they at least give us the choice to switch back to vanilla ICS

Still waiting on announcement for Canada. What about devices that aren't with a cell provider?

S2 not tied to carriers are the one getting ICS now.... Carrier device might get delayed

I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi (GT-P7510) and I've checked for updates and there still isn't one. I can wait though, no rusg but I would like it. I'd rather get the official release where I still have warranty on the device.

Tab and other device gets ICS in few weeks... I think around end of this month....

S2 not tied to carriers are the one getting ICS now.... Carrier device might get delayed

mine are sim-free/international i9100 :s say no update

I don't have a Android myself but since a friend has a Galaxy R which is basically a leveled up version of the SGS2 from what I heard, is there any date for that one too?