official first person action pc ps3 xbox 360 game

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,191 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:32

What does that have to do with "Dishonored"?

Assuming you're playing it on PC, exactly what it says. I'd rather have a PC game than a port.

(Note that I was also answering a question put forth in the thread which I quoted, so did you really need to ask?)

#62 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,082 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:47

I am thinking of buying this game, I've only got a PC, so is keyboard+mouse working 100%, or should I buy an Xbox controller?

Even if mouse and keyboard is poorly implemented it's still better than using a controller. That said, Dishonored plays great on mouse and keyboard.

I really like the art direction of the game, as although it has similarities to games like Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 it does things in its own style. It's a really compelling universe and I really hope the game sells well, as not only does it deserve to but I'd love to see a sequel. Here are a few screenshots I took earlier:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For anyone on the fence about this game: it's worth it!

#63 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,208 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 23:18

Finished the first assassination last night without killing anyone. It's not a bad. Unfortunately I don't think I will play it any further. Xcom comes out today, and im still not done with guild wars 2 or dark souls. Maybe next year when there aren't so many bangers to try finish I will feel like playing again, but for now I'm jut not feeling the urge to continue with this one.

#64 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,874 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:37

Even if mouse and keyboard is poorly implemented it's still better than using a controller. That said, Dishonored plays great on mouse and keyboard.

I really like the art direction of the game, as although it has similarities to games like Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 it does things in its own style. It's a really compelling universe and I really hope the game sells well, as not only does it deserve to but I'd love to see a sequel. Here are a few screenshots I took earlier:

Posted Image

This literally looks like a screenshot from Team Fortress 2, specifically 2Fort or some similar style map lol it's actually uncanny to me how 2Fortish it looks (to me).

And yes, I really hope it sells well. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (probably sold ok, don't know though) was a pretty underrated gem of a game imo and Arkane certainly knows how to make compelling worlds and all that. I'd love to see a Dishonored 2 or something else set in that world.

#65 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:03

Assuming you're playing it on PC, exactly what it says. I'd rather have a PC game than a port.

And if you'd bothered to read my earliar post, then you'd know the answer!

#66 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:34

I'm still on the fence about this....
I loved Theif games growing up, be recently after playing the new Deus Ex... I just couldn't get into it as much as I wanted.
Not only do I fear I wont get into this, I am still very much into Borderlands 2..... Maybe I'll just wait longer, though I want to play it lol.

#67 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:26

Yes.
http://www.shacknews...ators-next-game

Just like in the guild wars 2 thread, your hang up is constantly directx... It must suck not being able to play tons of great games on PC, because of a silly reason.

#68 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:27

Just like in the guild wars 2 thread, your hang up is constantly directx... It must suck not being able to play tons of great games on PC, because of a silly reason.

who said I wasn't able to play them? I just don't buy them right away. They're not worth as much as properly developed games.

I don't have Borderlands 2 yet either, but I plan to someday.

#69 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,818 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:48

who said I wasn't able to play them? I just don't buy them right away. They're not worth as much as properly developed games.

I don't have Borderlands 2 yet either, but I plan to someday.

Directx 9 doesn't mean its not "properly developed" Both borderlands 2 and dishonored have excellent pc versions so I'm not quite sure what the point you are trying to make is.

#70 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:52

Obviously we have different views on the subject. At any rate, I think I've said all there is to say aside from pages of 'no it isn't yes it is' blah blah blah so I'm off.

#71 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:19

So there we were, me and my friend, getting XCOM: Enemy Unknown for him, adn just as we were about to leave the store, the shipment arrived.
:woot:
Installed it, and played for about 3 or 4 minutes. Had to do some study. :(

Looks like its going to be a long night.

#72 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,981 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:55

I'm still on the fence about this....
I loved Theif games growing up, be recently after playing the new Deus Ex... I just couldn't get into it as much as I wanted.
Not only do I fear I wont get into this, I am still very much into Borderlands 2..... Maybe I'll just wait longer, though I want to play it lol.

Borderlands 2 should keep you occupied for ages. By the time you're ready to get dishonored you'll probably be able to get it cheaper. lol :p

#73 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:07

Borderlands 2 should keep you occupied for ages. By the time you're ready to get dishonored you'll probably be able to get it cheaper. lol :p

That's what I'm thinking. But I got that problem of money burning holes in my pockets :p
If I can just hold out for another week for the new BL2 DLC, I should be fine.
I'm just a sucker for new games lol

#74 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,981 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:08

I'm just a sucker for new games lol

I know what you mean :blush: :rofl:

#75 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,082 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:03

This literally looks like a screenshot from Team Fortress 2, specifically 2Fort or some similar style map lol it's actually uncanny to me how 2Fortish it looks (to me).

Yeah. If I didn't know it used the Unreal Engine I would have sworn it was made using Source, from the graphics to the way you hold items in front of you.

It can look quite cartoony at times but I think it works really well:

Posted Image

Posted Image